Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Crazy SVT Poster
    is there a disadvantage i am not comprehending to running the 106400 or even 106500 cam? the car is not going to be a sole daily driver, and if there's not a problem with it i would prefer the more aggressive (quote; very rough) idle of the 106500. it also rates it for 6500 rpm vs 6000.

would the 106500, a 90mm maf and 39# cobra injectors with _____ new pump work?

SVT God
    You'll need to run aftermarket springs if you want to use those big cams. Plus when comp rates the rpm for the cams in the real world its much higher. I put in 106460's (blower cams) in my car and it peaked at 6800......only because I ran out of MAFand Fuel. It's probably 7k peak cams but I'd have to spin it to 7500 to reap the benefits.

Bigger the cam the less low end you have. Do you really want that for a street car?
    98' Cobra - 5.5 DOHC B-head Naturally Aspirated

Quote Originally Posted by NC Mystic View Post
    is there a disadvantage i am not comprehending to running the 106400 or even 106500 cam? the car is not going to be a sole daily driver, and if there's not a problem with it i would prefer the more aggressive (quote; very rough) idle of the 106500. it also rates it for 6500 rpm vs 6000.

would the 106500, a 90mm maf and 39# cobra injectors with _____ new pump work?
    the 106500s have driveability issues, the 106400s do not.

Crazy SVT Poster
    so the 106400 would lope more aggressively than the 106160 but still be streetable? that would only make sense about trading a little torque for rpm the the 400 but can you tell much difference from the driver seat with 4.10 gear?

$1300 is a little more spendy than the 5.0 cams but really not as bad as i had expected

GONE
    cam job will run u over 2k with springs/tune
    and then ALOT more if ur not doing labor yourself

Project Viper Blue Single Digit Daily
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-dd-build.html

so the 106400 would lope more aggressively than the 106160 but still be streetable? that would only make sense about trading a little torque for rpm the the 400 but can you tell much difference from the driver seat with 4.10 gear?

$1300 is a little more spendy than the 5.0 cams but really not as bad as i had expected
    I can make 220 degree cams lope wildy. If that's all you want then go with what you have and tighten the lsa.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Am i losing something in translation or are you saying the B head cams can lope like the video?

I though you already had 106160s

snuggle fest, mmmmm! Mystic-SVT's Avatar
    OP, I'll sell you my brand new 106100 comp cams if you're interested.

^^^ PM me a price as well.

Pm Me too. ^^^
    many mods, no money.

snuggle fest, mmmmm! Mystic-SVT's Avatar
    PM me too! Oh, wait

lol

PM's on the way

Crazy SVT Poster
    i haven't bought any cams yet, still picking them out

pm incoming Mystic

i haven't bought any cams yet, still picking them out

pm incoming Mystic
    If you get the 106100s and want a real nasty idle, set them at 106/110.

Crazy SVT Poster
    okay, so to summarize what i am thinking at this point and get your opinions since this thread has evolved a little

for the motor work and getting it up and running i am looking at this;

C head swap:
    heads, milled .030"
    lower intake
    adapter for the B upper
    throttle and cruise cables (i don't need cruise, and i still need a 99 throttle cable in use with the B upper intake and adaptor in use?)
    modded B fuel rails (not sure what this entails, i'll probably need to find pics for the shop)
    modded B coolant crossover(same as rails, pics needed probably)
    compression test and fingers crossed all is good

if i go with the 106160 cam i can use stock springs? 106/110 for the meanest idle? sounds like a winner to me
    stock injectors and fuel pump?
    fluidyn* radiator? or is that a fail

Since everything is coming off anyway i thought it would be nifty to switch to c.o.p. harness with the kit thats for sale here on svtp now. i would just need the harness, cop wire set, c head valve covers (do the 99 and 04 covers use the same cop wire covers?)
    i'd really like to switch to the cop setup so i can use the Shelby "Powered by svt" fluted wire covers

is that it?

is the aeroforce interceptor gauge worth the money or should i pick a 4th autometer lunar gauge?

Mystic-svt, i am interested in those cams. i sent you a pm, if it didn't go through properly send one my way please

thanks all

i talked to fast lane about it and they said a ball park figure for the motor work labor was $1,500. I'm guessing that doesn't include the tune just based on the number but i will ask next time i speak with them. seemed like a pretty fair price to me and would give me some peace of mind knowing it came out of their shop.
    Last edited by NC Mystic; 02-11-2013 at 05:45 PM.

throttle and cruise cables (i don't need cruise, and i still need a 99 throttle cable in use with the B upper intake and adaptor in use?)
    you don't need new cables if you use B upper.

if i go with the 106160 cam i can use stock springs? 106/110 for the meanest idle?
    106160s cannot be installed at 106/110, the 106100s can. If going with 106160s set them at 110/114

stock injectors and fuel pump? fluidyn* radiator? or is that a fail
    stock parts should be good all around

Crazy SVT Poster
    i hadn't though to ask, but just assumed. are the 106160's the most aggressive comp cam i can go and still use stock springs, or would the 106100 have a more agressive lope possible than the 106160's? i tried looking at the specs on them more but it's just samarian to me

oh also i was going to bite the bullet and get arp head studs, is there any other retaining hardware or nick nack of the sort i am overlooking?

I am just trying to get a good figure of parts and prices of this so i don't come up short or get terribly surprised at any point

good to hear i can keep that short list of parts stock, that will free up a little more cash towards the cop conversion and ca valve covers
    Last edited by NC Mystic; 02-11-2013 at 06:09 PM.

You have to replace the cam bolts, and crank bolt since they're tty. If you dont go arp for the head bolts/studs, you'll still have to replace them with new ones since they're tty as well. Tty stands for torque to yield and are one use only. And of course you'll need valve cover gaskets, front cover gaskets, head gaskets, c head intake lower and upper gaskets, and b head upper gasket.
    built 281ci, big cams, procharger f1A, built trans, built rear FOR SALE http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...f1a-cobra.html

i hadn't though to ask, but just assumed. are the 106160's the most aggressive comp cam i can go and still use stock springs, or would the 106100 have a more agressive lope possible than the 106160's? i tried looking at the specs on them more but it's just samarian to me

oh also i was going to bite the bullet and get arp head studs, is there any other retaining hardware or nick nack of the sort i am overlooking?

good to hear i can keep that short list of parts stock, that will free up a little more cash towards the cop conversion and ca valve covers
    The 106160s have more duration and are the most aggressive you can go with stock springs. Why are going with stock springs if the engine is apart? Don't be a tight @ss, spend $200 and get some springs so you can use higher lift cams.

You don't need head studs. Stock bolts and gaksets will cost you $100, studs alone are $250. Put the money you save into the valve springs.

I'm not fan of the COP conversion since the COPS are not made for waste spark ignitions.
    Last edited by na svt; 02-11-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by na svt View Post
    I'm not fan of the COP conversion since the COPS are not made for waste spark ignitions.
    Not trying to hijack, but could you elaborate a little more on this?
    1998 Laser Red Cobra-dd
    1969 VW Karmann Ghia-project car

Crazy SVT Poster
    oh okay, i will take your advice and scrap the cop conversion and spend that money on the 106400's and springs then i suppose. good tips, didn't know that

and you were asking about changing radiators, your stock one i fine but change the AC condenser if it hasn't been done already, that's the main cooling issue with the 96's. Changed mine and haven't had any issues since.

2004 Redfire Cobra - #1673
    Steigmeier Stage 1, 6lbs lower, 2.76 upper, accufab TB/Plenum, Mafia, BAP, Fluidyne HE, JBA exhaust, H&R springs, tuned by Fastlane Motorsports

2007 Chevy Silverado Z71
    96 Laser Red Cobra - #3566 SOLD
    2001 silver cobra - SOLD

"Not only boys drive badass toys"

I hate you guys. I want cams but so much money.

Me need cams. But that means c heads and a SRI.

Quote Originally Posted by bumsoil View Post
    I hate you guys. I want cams but so much money.
    you'll get there someday- don't rush it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast