Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Social Networking

Follow SID297 On Twitter Add SID297 on Facebook Add SID297 on Google+ Visit SID297's Youtube Channel

SVTP Reviews True Forged's New Mustang Jacking Pad

True Forged’s new Jacking Pads are one of those “well duh” tools that everyone needs in their toolboxes. If you own an S-197 Mustang you know what a pain it can be to properly jack your car up without crushing the pinch weld seam (Ford’s recommended area from which to lift the car). True Forged owner Steve Medina saw the opportunity here to develop a product to make Mustang modder’s lives a little easier. After a few prototypes and a couple of revisions Steve@TF has brought to market the True Forged Jacking Pad.

The True Forged Jacking Pad is hewn from a solid piece of billet aluminum and is Made in the USA. They basically cradle the unibody during a lift while placing the pinch weld seam safely in a machined slot. By locating the seam in this slot you greatly reduce the chances of it being damaged by the jack.

True Forged installs these decals on their Jacking Pads to remind you of their origin.

They are made from one solid piece of billet aluminum.

True Forged is currently running a Group Purchase here on SVTP for these jacking pads. For $50 (plus $5 shipping) you can avoid marring up the underside of your car with a fine American made product from a long time SVTP Vendor. I suggest buying a pair for use with a set of jack stands.

Here you can see the area that Ford specifies for jacking up the rear of an S-197 Mustang GT.

The True Forged Jacking Pad fits perfectly in this location.

We tried to use the jacking pads on this 2013 Boss 302 LS.

Unfortunately, this bolt for the side exhaust is in the way and prevents the pad from being used on this application.

However, it works perfectly on many other models.

Without this pad in place you would run the risk of damaging this pinch welded seam.

The True Forged Jacking Pad cradles the seam inside this slot and supports the body on both sides of the seam.

This way you can avoid unintended body damage.

Unlike this cheap Harbor Freight jack, the True Forged Jacking Pads are 100% made in the USA.

When placing an order with True Forged be sure to tell them that you're a member on SVTP.

According to True Forged these are the known applications for their jacking pads:

They DO fit:
    • ALL 99-04 Mustangs
    • Fox Mustangs
    • 2007-2010 GT500*05+ Mustang GT and V6 (yes, including 2013)
    • Ford Flex
    • Ford Focus
    • Ford Contour (SVT with a riser)
    • 2010-2014 GT500
    • Focus and Focus ST
    • Boss (only fits up front. Exhaust in the way in the rear)

They do NOT fit:
    • Shelby GT350 (side skirts too tall)
    • Possibly 94-98 Mustang

Photos by StacyStangz and SID297

-SID297
    The SVTP 2012 GT is For Sale. Click Here for Details.

Silver 04 Lightning (aka The Defiant) Build date: 04/19/04 Delivered: 5/15/04

Let's crank up the boost and see what shakes loose.

99 SVT Cobra
    If I didn't have a pair of jacking rails installed, I'd definitely look at picking one of these up.
    1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - 4.6L DOHC Modular V8 - 320HP, 317TQ
    Born on 5/27/99, Dearborn Assembly Plant, #3024 of 4040 coupes

| FRPP | MGW | JLT | Magnaflow | Sumitomo | SLP | PA Racing | MMR |
    |Maximum Motorsports | Moroso | Steeda | Russell | Bilstein | Power Stop |

i want it!! wish it was a bit cheaper though.

Call it like I see it.... '03snkbt's Avatar
    Bought mine on a group by in November......highly recommend if your car is lowered.
    Soooooo much easier lifting car!! Gets my stamp of approval
    03 MG Cobra.....RIP 6/29/13
    Whipple 2.9~Lethal Return~80's~FTBR~FRPP~RXT/Viper Spec T56.......tuned by Eric Brooks
    93 5.0.....sold

on the prowl for next project.....

Runs On "Liquid Gold" 04sleeper's Avatar
    These work great!

Nice write up!

My Social Networking

Follow SID297 On Twitter Add SID297 on Facebook Add SID297 on Google+ Visit SID297's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by 04sleeper View Post
    These work great!

Nice write up!
    Indeed they do.

Rookie SVT Poster
    So this does not fit a 2013 GT500?

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by acroholic View Post
    According to Steve@TF they do not.

Happiness is being blown Blu50Stang's Avatar
    I test fit one on my 2012 GT500. It does fit. It fit my Fox GT, but did not fit my 98 Cobra.
    Ross

1988 Custom Blue Metallic GT - April '04 5.0&SF Feature | August '09 MM&FF | Winter '12 MM&FF '79-'93 Mustang Performance Cover
    1998 Bright Atlantic Blue Cobra
    1997 Pacific Green Cobra - sold
    2010 Blue Flame F150 SuperCrew FX2 - Decals Removed
    2012 Kona Blue GT500 - Stripe Delete, SVTPP, Elec pkg, Recaros

Click Here To See My Cars

Have you guys considered adding a firm high density rubber to the pad-to-car mating surface to minimize any scuffing or scratching of the undercarriage?

2011 Mustang GT 401A
    2013 Explorer Sport

1999 Mustang GT (sold)
    2000 Mustang GT 620whp/570lb-ft (sold)
    2001 Lightning (sold)
    2002 Lightning 2.3 KB (sold)

Crazy SVT Poster 03SVTCobraDave's Avatar
    I really need this! Would love to get one, just sad they won't fit the 94-98's
    CobraDave

Auto swapped, 60# injectors, MMR Oil Pan. Stage 2 Crower Cams. Fully forged internals. Teksid block. Ported Eaton. 2.93 upper 6# lower. EGR Delete. Kook's Long Tubes, Kook's catted x, Magnaflow Cat-back. SRA swap, 4.10's Plus more.

I've had one for about a year now. Its a handy thing to have.

2003 Cobra
    2014 Wrangler
    2008 GT500 - SOLD
    2004 Cobra - SOLD
    2007 GT - SOLD
    @baggedcobra @bobsautosports @the_raptor_project

I want one. Lifting the car is a pain. Fits 03 I'm guessing. Anyone had personal experience on the 03's.

"The buffer of Black Cobra's"

03 SM #3341 The built with my own two hands one..........
    MGW orange, H&R SS, JLT BIG air cai, offroad x, Bassani CB, mac longtubes,GT cams, whipple 2.3L
    630hp 570tq tuned by Bob Kurgan!

The bought built one (sold)
    03 SM #5266
    2.2L KB on e85, straight axle, jlt RAI, bassain O/R X mac catback. 645hp 580 tq

Head of IndySVT
    03 cobra
    08 TL type S
    79CJ-7

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by BRNG ITT View Post
    Have you guys considered adding a firm high density rubber to the pad-to-car mating surface to minimize any scuffing or scratching of the undercarriage?
    I thought of that too. I have some thin adhesive back sheet rubber that I may try fitting to one of them at some point.

Call it like I see it.... '03snkbt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03sm3341 View Post
    I want one. Lifting the car is a pain. Fits 03 I'm guessing. Anyone had personal experience on the 03's.
    ZERO issues! read post #4

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by '03snkbt View Post
    ZERO issues! read post #4
    Nice

I can tell you they don't fit 94-98 Saleens ..
    98 Cobra - AED Built Motor - Foxlake Racing - Accufab Racing - F.A.S.T - Griggs Racing - Vortech - Kooks - Weldon - T56 Magnum - Built Rear End - HRE's - Baer - C&R - E-85 - AED Tuned

Very cool

"They do it in NASCAR so i do it as well" - 'merica

2003 Cobra
    2007 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 Turbo
    2000 Mustang GT - Sold

Rookie SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SID297 View Post
    According to Steve@TF they do not.
    Just to clear up any misunderstandings, there is a TF jacking puck for 2011+ GT500s, and it does fit. They make more than one model. I have one that fits my 2013 GT500. Just tried it on all 4 corners and it fits great.

Here is a lnk to Revan Racing's website. For GT500s, you need to specify whether you have a 2007-2010 or a 2011+ model.

Thought I had wasted $65 for a minute there.

True Forged Billet Jacking Insert - Revan Racing, Inc.

My Social Networking

Just to clear up any misunderstandings, there is a TF jacking puck for 2011+ GT500s, and it does fit. They make more than one model. I have one that fits my 2013 GT500. Just tried it on all 4 corners and it fits great.

Here is a lnk to Revan Racing's website. For GT500s, you need to specify whether you have a 2007-2010 or a 2011+ model.

Good to know.

If one is to remove their side exhaust, I'm guessing these will work on the BOSS?

Quote Originally Posted by SID297 View Post

True Forged’s new Jacking Pads are one of those “well duh” tools that everyone needs in their toolboxes. If you own an S-197 Mustang you know what a pain it can be to properly jack your car up without crushing the pinch weld seam (Ford’s recommended area from which to lift the car). True Forged owner Steve Medina saw the opportunity here to develop a product to make Mustang modder’s lives a little easier. After a few prototypes and a couple of revisions Steve@TF has brought to market the True Forged Jacking Pad.

The True Forged Jacking Pad is hewn from a solid piece of billet aluminum and is Made in the USA. They basically cradle the unibody during a lift while placing the pinch weld seam safely in a machined slot. By locating the seam in this slot you greatly reduce the chances of it being damaged by the jack.

True Forged installs these decals on their Jacking Pads to remind you of their origin.

They are made from one solid piece of billet aluminum.

True Forged is currently running a Group Purchase here on SVTP for these jacking pads. For $50 (plus $5 shipping) you can avoid marring up the underside of your car with a fine American made product from a long time SVTP Vendor. I suggest buying a pair for use with a set of jack stands.

Here you can see the area that Ford specifies for jacking up the rear of an S-197 Mustang GT.

The True Forged Jacking Pad fits perfectly in this location.

We tried to use the jacking pads on this 2013 Boss 302 LS.

Unfortunately, this bolt for the side exhaust is in the way and prevents the pad from being used on this application.

However, it works perfectly on many other models.

Without this pad in place you would run the risk of damaging this pinch welded seam.

The True Forged Jacking Pad cradles the seam inside this slot and supports the body on both sides of the seam.

This way you can avoid unintended body damage.

Unlike this cheap Harbor Freight jack, the True Forged Jacking Pads are 100% made in the USA.

When placing an order with True Forged be sure to tell them that you're a member on SVTP.

According to True Forged these are the known applications for their jacking pads:

They DO fit:
    • ALL 99-04 Mustangs
    • Fox Mustangs
    • 2007-2010 GT500*05+ Mustang GT and V6 (yes, including 2013)
    • Ford Flex
    • Ford Focus
    • Ford Contour (SVT with a riser)

They do NOT fit:
    • 2011-13 GT00 (too big for opening)
    • Boss (only fits up front. Exhaust in the way in the rear)
    • Shelby GT350 (side skirts too tall)
    • Possibly 94-98 Mustang

Photos by StacyStangz and SID297

-SID297

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by kcobra View Post
    If one is to remove their side exhaust, I'm guessing these will work on the BOSS?
    Yes, they should.

correct, for the most part.

currently we have two types. version 1.0 and version 2.0 lol.

version 1.0 fits the mustangs listed above but did not fit on 2011-2013 gt500s because ford decided to make the cut out smaller. so we revised the part to be smaller to fit those as well. currently i have a large stock of version 1.0, hence the GB for them. once that stock is depleted we will only be making version 2.0 since that works for the version 1.0 fitments AND 2011-2013 gt500s.

and i just found out tonight that version 2.0 fits the Focus ST as well. the cut out is a weird triangle shape but it does fit with a little wiggling
    Trying out new billet jacking pads

Quote Originally Posted by BRNG ITT View Post
    a few options have been discussed but we feel that any additional options will raise the price to a point where they wont sell. theyre already at a price that is too steep for some. any time you add anything it raises the cost and you cant just do it to a few. you have to do it to a LOT. im sure it would be an easy enough modification for a DIYer to do to their own jack pads if they wanted to. you dont really need it though imo. ive jacked my car up using these many many times and i havent noticed any scuff marks at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 03SVTCobraDave View Post
    I really need this! Would love to get one, just sad they won't fit the 94-98's
    i havent given up on you guys yet. we're still discussing if we can modify them to work on your cars. we just have to be careful not to remove too much material to make the part too weak.

My Social Networking

Good to see that the product is still undergoing revisions and improvements to allow it to fit more models.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast