Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Crazy SVT Poster

2001 Cobra R, do you like the looks?

I've been debating for a while on what exactly I'm going to do to my 01. I was thinking about an 03/04 front bumper and hood and trunk lid. But I've also always kind of liked the cobra r. Just not the wing on it. So how many of you guys like the looks of the cobra R? My 01 is performance red so I have a nice jump start if I decide to go the R route.

Last edited by 01RedBeardCobra; 02-18-2013 at 09:19 PM.

I personally like the 03-04 cobra look. I feel the cobra r is nice but a bit Ricey

One of my top 3 stangs. I'm not a clone fan myself. To each their own.
    Click for pics
    Old '03 Cobra - Old '04 Mach 1 - Old '00 GT

Dying to own an '03 OW Cobra...

Crazy SVT Poster
    I think I might be going for the hood. With a Mach 1 chin spoiler and rear spoiler delete.

I would go the 03-04 cobra look. I like that better than the cobra R. But it all depends on what YOU like. Cheers, man!
    Mustang

I believe its a 2000 model year only. Like the car overall especially the built motor. hate the rear spoiler. Think it may look good spoiler-less.
    #2543 of 4040-99 Rio Red with Flowmaster cat-back, MAC OR H-pipe, SCT ProEdge Mongillo motors tuned, 4.10's, JLT short ram, MGW short shifter, MaximumMotorsports & FullTilt Boogie Racing IRS upgrades, subframe connectors, diff brace, Steeda springs with Tokico HP's, 03 Cobra differential torque brace, UPR Bumpsteer kit, Aluminum Driveshaft, head cooling mod w/drilled t'stat, Steeda Underdrive pulleys, and 03 chrome 17" staggered Cobra rims with Nitto NTO5

2001 Cobra R, do you like the looks?

I think it would look cool. I like the look of the side exhaust and the v6 bumper.

Have a bunch of real '00R parts on my car - love the stuff. Just about to add the FRPP '00R hood - best looking one out there, especially since it's functional. I'd have to pass on the spoiler and the side exhaust though.
    2003 Silver Metallic Cobra. A bunch of '00R, FRPP, and MM stuff...
    www.terminator-cobra.com

Cobra R all the way..
    2009 Tomos 150 scooter.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Well does anyone know where they sell the chin piece for the cobra? I found a site that sells the complete bumper cover but it's big bucks and one whole piece. I wasn't too keen on the huge lip of the R up until today it has deffinetly grown on me. My buddy has been sending me all kind of pics of The R model. The way I see it. I can change the nose to an 03 or do something that is out of the ordinary and run the R lip.

Cobra R -- but I am a litle biased.
    '66 Shelby GT350
    00R #160--SOLD
    '03 Cobra
    '04 comp orange mach 1--SOLD

The only time I would ever have the cobra r body kit on my car was if I owned a real cobra r. I do love the hood on this car.
    2004 GT: Sold
    2001 Cobra: Sold
    2003 Cobra: Sold
    1987 5.0: Current

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedBeardCobra View Post
    Well does anyone know where they sell the chin piece for the cobra?
    Let me google that for you

Insane SVT Poster
    Well does anyone know where they sell the chin piece for the cobra?
    I'll do you 1 better than googling it. Steeda sells just the add on chin spoiler, but it is almost as much as a full bumper.
    08 G8 GT
    99 Cobra Vert - Mothballed
    01 Cobra Coupe - Sold

Part Time Race Car Driver 01strokersnake's Avatar
    I think I might be going for the hood. With a Mach 1 chin spoiler and rear spoiler delete.

This. More is less when it comes to exterior on New Edge Cobras.
    2001 Cobra SVT - Built, Blown, Stroked, Everything
    Methanol Injection and Tuned by JPC Racing.

MACA Member #585

Crazy SVT Poster
    I see that. 400 for a splitter. LOL!

jrgoffin, you just made my day. Lmao!!!

My car used to be a 2000 Cobra R Clone and I always got compliments when I drove around town and a went to car shows. You will definately stand out and in my opinion the car will look mean as hell. However I went back to my stock 01 front, 03 cobra rear and saleen spoiler. The front air dam sits way to low. Luckily I had the frpp air dam so I removed it when I drove around town. The side exhaust on these cars will bottom out going over speed bumps. I used to love the look but I wanted to be able to drive the car around and be comfortable. Something to think about.

Get prepared if you go R...if you don't get the entire kit, people will almost immediately recognize that it's not an R and give you shit about it. Even if you get the entire kit and wheels, when you street drive it, due to how valuable R's for, the first question will be "Is that a real R?" And you'll get shit when you have to say no.

And then the avalanche of clone hate will come. If you show the car, this is an absolute no-no as many judges have an unwritten rule that you are immediately written off for a clone.
    1998 CY Cobra coupe - nearly rusted to the jack stands

http://westcoastmustangs.com/temp/clone_at_knotts.jpgIf this is going to be a car driven on a regular basis, I'd say go for the 03/04 Cobra look. A Cobra R front end only works if you have a high suspension or don't plan on driving it much. If you've dropped the car, you are going to be focused A LOT on the road making sure you don't smash up the splitter.

Quote Originally Posted by 00fobrar View Post
    My car used to be a 2000 Cobra R Clone and I always got compliments when I drove around town and a went to car shows. You will definately stand out and in my opinion the car will look mean as hell. However I went back to my stock 01 front, 03 cobra rear and saleen spoiler. The front air dam sits way to low. Luckily I had the frpp air dam so I removed it when I drove around town. The side exhaust on these cars will bottom out going over speed bumps. I used to love the look but I wanted to be able to drive the car around and be comfortable. Something to think about.
    This wouldn't happen to be your car, would it? I think I saw it in 2005 or 2006? If so, nice clone.

Wish they commented on mine. I had one of the first FFRP Cobra R parts Ford released in 2003, IIRC. Had to deal with the whole warped hood issue. Litteraly drove down to Knott's from the body shop that painted my car.

Last edited by Black306; 02-19-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    Derek

'03 DSG Cobra
    Mods: W140AX Whipple / SCT BA2400 mass-air / Motorsport 60lbs injectors / Fore fuel hat / GT pumps / dual FPDMs / Xtreme Motorsports|Ron Davis H.E. / Steeda CAI / Magnaflow X-pipe (#15447) / Tune by RWTD / 3" Ultraflow cat-back with Dynomax Bullets / Metco 3.2" alternator pulley / SCT X3 / Motorsport C front springs (650lbs; cut 1/4-coil) / H&R SS rear springs (685lbs) / MM CC plates / MM IRS subframe bushings / MM Sport tuned Bilstein shocks & struts / Recaro Sport seats / custom rear seat delete / 2000 Cobra R shift knob / AFS 18x9 front rims with Yokohama ES100 265/35/18s / AFS 18x10.5 rear rims with Michelin Pilot Sport 315/30/18s / MM stainless steel front brake lines / Billetflow IRS brace

"Bottles are for babies...real men get blown."

This was my R clone, except it had an 03 hood and engine.

10 Montego Blue BMW 135i DD
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra Vert
    99 Cobra Coupe RIP 7/24/12
    - SCMC #0079

Cobra R for sure, but you have to do it 100%, although the 03-04 hood is a nice combo above, I love the R hood.
    2001 True Blue Cobra Convertible
    1 of 292
    #935 built on 4/20/01

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac99Snake View Post
    This was my R clone, except it had an 03 hood and engine.

Looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 95PGTTech View Post
    Get prepared if you go R...if you don't get the entire kit, people will almost immediately recognize that it's not an R and give you shit about it. Even if you get the entire kit and wheels, when you street drive it, due to how valuable R's for, the first question will be "Is that a real R?" And you'll get shit when you have to say no.

And then the avalanche of clone hate will come. If you show the car, this is an absolute no-no as many judges have an unwritten rule that you are immediately written off for a clone.
    And who cares? If the OP loves his car, it really doesn't matter what "Haters" say. As long as he doesn't go out promoting he owns a true 00R. If there was a forbidden rules about a clone 00R, Ford would not have made the kit available to other Mustang owners. Let the "Haters" get a life!

[QUOTE=Black306;12759321]http://westcoastmustangs.com/temp/clone_at_knotts.jpgIf this is going to be a car driven on a regular basis, I'd say go for the 03/04 Cobra look. A Cobra R front end only works if you have a high suspension or don't plan on driving it much. If you've dropped the car, you are going to be focused A LOT on the road making sure you don't smash up the splitter.

This wouldn't happen to be your car, would it? I think I saw it in 2005 or 2006? If so, nice clone.

That would be mine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast