Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456 12 27 ... LastLast
    Interesting, thanks for posting.
    2013 Shelby GT500- 702/683 RWHP/TQ Performance Pack, Track Pack, 3.73s, JLT CAI, Lethal O/R X-pipe, FRPP SCJ Mono Blade Throttle Body, JHR Braided Clutch Line, Spec ST-Trim Clutch, BMR Adjustable Panhard, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable LCAs, ARP Wheel Studs, Rear Wheels Widened to 11' with 315/35/20 NT05Rs.

2013 Roush Stage 3- 6MT, 3.73s, SCT with Lund tune, O/R Lethal X-pipe, P3 Roush CAI.

2006 Mustang GT- 5MT, C&L CAI, SLP X-pipe and ABS, Steeda STS. My DD.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Thanks for the info
    2013 GT500, Red Candy Metallic Tint, White Stripes, PP, TP, Recaros, Nav

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalchem View Post
    Nooooo...leave us SGM owners in the minority! lol

Madlock, is there any way to look at 2013 combination build numbers? We've all seen the sheet where it breaks down the numbers to a single attribute, like it showed my car to be 1 of 71 with a glass roof, or 1 of 47 with the base package wheels, but is there a way to see what my car is with a glass roof AND a shaker pro AND base package?
    where can i find this info?

Premium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal View Post
    Hrm, I just was ready to change my order to Grey with blue stripes from DIB with Black. I wanted something a little more unique. I'm torn. What do you guys think which is the better combo? I'm doing everything but the TP/S1000/cover. Will the stripes look silly with the glass roof if I go with blue stripes? Are the blue accents on the seats too much?

I need to firm up my decision.
    Go with what YOUR gut wants!

Why worry about how "rare" your car will be? Go with what you want, since you will have it (I assume) a while.

The Shelby represented my dream car, and I ordered a 2014 Black Convertible with Red stripes. I didn't worry that black is the most common color. I didn't worry about the relative "rarity scale" that some seem so preoccupied with. I didn't worry that it was speed limited to 155mph (I am never going to see that speed anyway). The color combination I chose simply said "This is the right one for me"!

Your color or options combination should be what you want and what you feel will be the enjoyment factor that works for you. I appreciated Matlock's thread topic, and it is an interesting read, but it didn't sway my decision. I have never experienced a convertible before, and therefore it was a must have in my options list. I ordered a fully loaded convertible with the Performance Package, not because I am going to track the car, but because I could.

So my advice to you is order your Shelby the way YOU want. Trust your gut instinct. Your Shelby is only going to be seen by 0.00000000353% of the nation's population (yes, I made that stat up) anyway, so if you happen to have the "rarest" Shelby combination, no one will know or care.

Great info...thanks!

-------------------------------
    2013 GT500 Coupe • Grabber Blue • Black Stripe • SVT Performance Package • SVT Track Package • Electronics Package • Glass Roof • Recaro Leather Trimmed Sport Seats

Long-time SVT Enthusiast Norton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mwilson6192 View Post
    Go with what YOUR gut wants!

Why worry about how "rare" your car will be? Go with what you want, since you will have it (I assume) a while.

The Shelby represented my dream car, and I ordered a 2014 Black Convertible with Red stripes. I didn't worry that black is the most common color. I didn't worry about the relative "rarity scale" that some seem so preoccupied with. I didn't worry that it was speed limited to 155mph (I am never going to see that speed anyway). The color combination I chose simply said "This is the right one for me"!

Your color or options combination should be what you want and what you feel will be the enjoyment factor that works for you. I appreciated Matlock's thread topic, and it is an interesting read, but it didn't sway my decision. I have never experienced a convertible before, and therefore it was a must have in my options list. I ordered a fully loaded convertible with the Performance Package, not because I am going to track the car, but because I could.

So my advice to you is order your Shelby the way YOU want. Trust your gut instinct. Your Shelby is only going to be seen by 0.00000000353% of the nation's population (yes, I made that stat up) anyway, so if you happen to have the "rarest" Shelby combination, no one will know or care.
    x2.
    2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black, SVTPP, SVTTP, Recaros, Electronics Pkg, Shaker Pro, & Cover / 642RWHP, 621FT-LBS
    #908 of 1464, Built on 16 Oct, Delivered by Whitney's Value Ford in Elma, WA on 9 Nov
    Mods: MPSS Tires on Base Wheels; Revan Racing Engine Bay Reservoirs; JLT CF Intake; Airaid SynthaMax Filter; Bob's Ultimate Oil Separator; FRPP Strut Tower Brace;
    Shelby SS Billet Engine Caps; MGW Shifter; SS Brake & Clutch Lines; Ford Racing & AeroForce Interceptor Gauges; Jaeger Bros Stone Guards; VLED 5K CREE Driving Lights; Clutch-Assist Spring Removed; True Forged Heat Extractor; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Plus; Viper Ultra Tint; LED Map, License Plate, & Trunk Bulbs; Rogue Radar-Mount; Lloyd Mats; Shelby Dash Plaque; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; JLT Painted Radiator Cover; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies

Originally ordered from Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills (CO) on 18 Jun, my order dropped from "#1 of 3" to "#3 of 2" on 19 Sep
    Moral of the story: Do NOT shop Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills in Colo Spgs, CO

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy49 View Post
    Madlock,
    I'm glad to see you are still around. I enjoy reading most of your posts.
    Well, I suppose I'm mostly glad you choose to read them then, Snoop.

Quote Originally Posted by 03reptile View Post
    Hey Madlock, They've started a thread over at the GT500 forum looking for you! You'de better respond before they schedule a funeral.
    Hey! Keep it quiet, will ya? Just 6 1/2 more years and I could've had the IRS declare me deceased!

Quote Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
    Great read! Do you have any info on Canadian spec GT500s?
    Yep. Differs mostly by the HUGELY disproportionate number of Convertibles Canada seems to get year after year and a MUCH higher preference for the blues, Deep Impact AND Grabber. Otherwise, the biggest difference is how badly Canadian buyers get screwed by BOTH the Canadian pricing and the loon value relative to the greenback. We shareholders thank you.

To give you a quick overview, 180 of about 1,400 Coupes scheduled so far have gone to Canada and 73 of about 275 Convertibles. That means one HELL of a Convertibles-to-Canuck ratio, and an even lower ratio of Convertibles for U.S. buyers.

I suspect it's because Canadians want to make the most of the shorter driving window each year with a car that's as flexible as possible, but that's just me guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Welcome back, Madlock, and thanks for the interesting read!
    Welcome, Norton.

Quote Originally Posted by 09Troublemaker View Post
    Thanks for the great info

FWIW- I haven't seen a black gt500 since the 13's came out, not even a vert. so i guess they're hiding in my area... good to know the glass roof/full option is low #'s
    You're welcome. Be careful in your assumptions. The relatively low number of fully-loaded cars doesn't necessarily mean lots of Glass Roofs aren't out there. After all, ditch the Shaker and you can't tell the difference in a parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky44 View Post
    Madlock,
    Good to see you back, and with a great post! Had been wondering where you were off to. How about some details on the vert your sig says you ordered?
    Hiya Husky. Finally wrangled some work release.

I really need to update my sig. I actually managed to track down and buy the last-made '13 Convertible that's identical to my '13 Coupe - so I now have a matched '13 Coupe/Convertible set. I also have dibs on a pair of '14 allocations, of which the Convertible was already built (6 months sooner than I was told to expect).

One final note about '14 stats to date. TX has received more cars BY FAR than any other state, fully 2/3 more than the next runner-up, CA which is barely eking out FL for second place (among U.S. states). Perennial runner-up contender states like NY, OH, and MI (lots of employee buyers) are seeing notably fewer vehicles - at least so far. Between Canada, TX, CA, and FL, they combine to account for more than one third of all '14 GT500s scheduled or built so far.

It's probably important to note '13 and '14 have been very distorted to some degree by the fact that many larger stores have struck agreements with many smaller stores from all over the country to pay their participation fee and then buy their cars for a guaranteed profit, meaning a large number of cars will ultimately be sold by DIFFERENT dealers in different states than the stores that originally ordered them.
    2014 GT500 Coupe • Oxford White • Medium Red OTT Stripe • SVT Performance Package • Electronics Package • Glass Roof • SVT Track Package • Recaro Seats • Shaker Pro Audio

2014 GT Coupe • Oxford White • 401A Red Brick with Cashmere Interior • Reverse/Security Package • Comfort Package • 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic Transmission • Glass Roof • Brembo Brake Package • Shaker Pro Audio • GT Power Upgrade Package

2013 GT500 Coupe • Performance White • Medium Red OTT Stripe • SVT Performance Package • Electronics Package • Glass Roof • SVT Track Package • Shelby GT500 Car Cover • Recaro Seats • Shaker Pro Audio

2013 GT500 Convertible • Performance White • Medium Red OTT Stripe • SVT Performance Package • Electronics Package • Shelby GT500 Car Cover • Recaro Seats • Shaker Pro Audio

2012 BOSS 302 • Race Red with White "C" Decal • Recaro Seat and Helical Differential Package • BOSS 302 Car Cover

2013 Taurus SHO • Ruby Red Metallic • Charcoal Black Interior • SHO Performance Package • MyFord Touch Navigation • Multi-Contoured ActiveMotion™ Seats • Remote Start • Continental ExtremeContact DWS 245/45-20's

Thanks for all of the stats Madlock!

Do you think they will keep the 2014 GT500 build down to approx. 4,000 cars this year as has been said several times? Or closer to the approx. 5K total build number of the 2013's?

All good points, I did up changing my order, then five days later changing it back.

Can't do it, going to stick with my blue car, love the color, all the kids in my family/friends etc say blue is my color. Love the grey, but its DIB for me.

Perhaps with the dive in production #'s the blue will still be rare. SB was only available in 2003 for the Terminator, mine was one of 1040 or so (verts+coupes). I'd still like to be under 1000 units if possible.

We shall see....
    2014 Deep Impact Blue w/blk strips, Recaros, PP, Glass Roof, being built week of 9/2, delivered 10/08/2013.

My 14 came with the SVT Perfomance Package and Recaro seats. No Sub or glass roof...
    2014 GT500 with most options...

Thanks for all the research done to bring us this info. I'm a bit surprised by the lack of affection for silver cars. I think that it shows off the lines of the car real well. The few shows I've attended I've had lots of comments on my color combo.
    2014 GT500 Ingot Silver with black stripes Coupe, Performance Pkg, and Recaros. Picked up 3/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by USV8PWR View Post
    Thanks for all of the stats Madlock!

Do you think they will keep the 2014 GT500 build down to approx. 4,000 cars this year as has been said several times? Or closer to the approx. 5K total build number of the 2013's?
    Have absolutely NO idea. It's likely to be highly affected by the overall number of Mustangs they decide to build since GT500 in built interspersed among them.

There's good reason to think either way. One thing Ford has done EXCEPTIONALLY well has been to keep dealer stocks lean ahead of model year changeovers, ESPECIALLY ahead of new version launches, top avoid the kind of cash and residual-sapping incentives required to move old stock. Those are previously-reported earnings that come STRAIGHT back off the balance sheet, and keeping them so well in check, especially ahead of key launches like Focus, Escape and Fusion has been one key reason for Ford enjoying among the industry's highest profit margins despite one of its highest cost structures. (It's also one reason why GM and Chrysler's margins remain so challenged despite having effectively become trust fund babies with sweetheart labor contracts to boot given how much ownership in each maker the UAW retirement trust was simply given in each of the bailed-out makers).

So that's one damn good reason to think there won't be inordinate numbers of S197 Mustangs laying around when the 50th Anniversary version lands on our heads.

Conversely, there may not be an immediate GT500 successor for 2015, leaving dealers plenty of time to sell through inordinately large stocks of of the last supercharged large-displacement cars from the factory, making it anybody's guess as to the number of highly-profitable GT500s Ford may choose to crank-out, especially given the last opportunity under the CAFE mandates it will have to cash-in on a fully-amortized product, as a 2014 GT500 alongside a 2015 GT in showrooms is hardly an equivalent competitor.

At the same time, there's only so much stock dealer floorplan financing can absorb. A $60K GT500 is a pair of F-150s or 3 Focuses it could turn several times over in the meantime, making it a tough proposition to figure.

Personally, I wouldn't expect an abject shortage of overall cars, but since Ford is also likely to build out a large number to use up stocks of components they already have, they may wind up offering dealers extra units built to suit whatever configuration of components Ford needs to burn through. The result could be a decent number of cars, but not necessarily in anybody's first choice of color or option combinations. I would, however, expect them to be highly-optioned, especially with features like Glass Roofs, so Ford can maximize its profit potential from the assets it already has.

Addendum:

Not bothering to distinguish between cars with the cover, only 37 base Coupes exist so far, 21 if without the car cover. That's about 2.5% which, on a value for money basis, makes for a pretty damned cheap car of such power. But since options are where dealers make their highest margins, very few tend to exist on their own. In fact, 27 of the 37 were retail orders specifically configured for customers.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    Addendum:

Not bothering to distinguish between cars with the cover, only 37 base Coupes exist so far, 21 if without the car cover. That's about 2.5% which, on a value for money basis, makes for a pretty damned cheap car of such power. But since options are where dealers make their highest margins, very few tend to exist on their own. In fact, 27 of the 37 were retail orders specifically configured for customers.
    I think I'm the only stripe delete SGM base coupe with no options ordered haha.

Great thread with some interesting information. I have a 2014 black/red (reverse of my pictured 2008 GT500) that just arrived at the dealer from a November order I placed that I wouldn't change colors on for a minute, but that DIB is a beautiful car--even my wife liked it, and she's not a "car girl"--believes they are for transportation; I'm not sure what that's about.

Thanks Madlock!
    Last edited by msw.63; 05-01-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
    Great read! Do you have any info on Canadian spec GT500s?
    Yes, any inforo on the Canadian build #'s?

Quote Originally Posted by 5.8 View Post
    Yes, any inforo on the Canadian build #'s?
    See above.

Well, I suppose I'm mostly glad you choose to read them then, Snoop.
    I would have said that I enjoyed reading all your posts, but then I would have been placed on Obama's hit list.
    2013 GT500 Coupe - HPW with Black Stripes - SVT PP - SVT TP - Redline Hood Struts - Yeager Bros Front Gravel Guards - Bob's Oil Separator -AirAid Blue Non-Oiled Air Filter - CarboTech 1521 Ceramic Brake Pads - Resonator Eliminator Kit - WeatherTech Floor Mats - Craig’s No Drill License Plate Bracket
    Car Ordered 5-27-2012 - Build Date 1-14-2013 - Delivered 1-26-2013

I would have said that I enjoyed reading all your posts, but then I would have been placed on Obama's hit list.

Obamashmama. He can put me on as many "lists" as he likes. He can then go stick every one of them in the same place. ANYTHING with a chance of in hell of preoccupying him enough to prevent even one more Executive Order is a victory for the greater good. No matter how much I wish he didn't, the simple fact is that HE works for ME.

Besides, you really don't hear the drones anymore after the first few days anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal View Post
    Hrm, I just was ready to change my order to Grey with blue stripes from DIB with Black. I wanted something a little more unique. I'm torn. What do you guys think which is the better combo? I'm doing everything but the TP/S1000/cover. Will the stripes look silly with the glass roof if I go with blue stripes? Are the blue accents on the seats too much?

I need to firm up my decision.
    The "Sonic Blue" stripes are much darker than prior generations (through '12), which were Grabber Blue. They're a deep blue, even in the seat leather. If anything, I preferred how much MORE contrast the blue seat stripes used with the Grabber Blue exterior stripes provided.

I think the Glass Roof improves the car's overall look regardless of color, stripe or delete. It comes off as a separate design feature altogether that neither enhances nor distracts from the stripes you've chosen. It's a feature I particularly happen to like and one I've had on each of the several coupes I've owned. (FWIW, according to the handful of Ford engineers I've spoken with informally at various events and venues, the Glass Roof is actually structurally stronger, and particularly more rigid, than the regular stamped roof.

I'd certainly recommend you order whatever you prefer. You're paying the note. Until the rest of the world takes over your payments, they can all go pound sand. Notwithstanding wilson's allusion to the contrary, I've never advocated anything differently. I have no idea what he was referring to, but then again, I have no idea who the hell "Matlock" is either.

Of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't hesitate to express a particular opinion I might have if someone were to ask what I'd do and why, but that that's an entirely different proposition altogether that in no way suggests substituting anybody else's priorities or preferences for another's.

Madlock, My perfect car would be one of two. Either a Purple with red strip base coupe and only Recaros or a Canary Yellow with flat black hood base coupe and only Recaros and the 70 cobra style hood lock downs, but then again I am one of the DIB/Red cars so my taste to most is questionable. I thank you for the info you provide and even though you like to be some what crusty I think by your more recent post and additional info not requested directly you have mellowed LOL
    DIB/Red stripes home at last!!!

Rookie SVT Poster
    Do you have any idea how many Grabber Blue coupes have been built so far??
    14 Shelby GT500 Grabber Blue/Black Stripes
    Mods:Van's 13-6 kit JLT 127 Carbon CAI,CJ Dual 65mm T/B,Lund Tune,plus 10% IW pulley,
    ARH 1 7/8 longtubes and off road H.Bobs LCA,BMR relocation brackets,BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar.
    4.10 gear,Strange axles,Eaton True Trac,Barton Shifter

1969 Plymouth Barracuda All/Motor 8sec Small Block.URE Power!

Quote Originally Posted by usmotox View Post
    Madlock, My perfect car would be one of two. Either a Purple with red strip base coupe and only Recaros or a Canary Yellow with flat black hood ....
    Whatever makes your crank spin, Huggy Bear.

I don't determine what Ford decides to make and dealers and customers happen to choose. The trends and totals simply are whatever they happen to be, which is much lower than they ought to be as the only legitimate maker competing with subsidized competitors that enjoyed virtually-unlimited amounts of forgiveness of past failures and cash to do with as the please - but that's a different harangue altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfish420 View Post
    Do you have any idea how many Grabber Blue coupes have been built so far??
    Yes, I do.

Here's a little bit of trivia for those who may not be aware. GT500's are window stickered differently depending upon whether or not they include the SVT Performance Package.

Without the SVTPP (equipped Option Package 820A), window stickers are titled "SHELBY GT500". Cars WITH the SVTPP (equipped with Option Package 821A) are simply titled "Mustang" like any other. Though all GT500 window stickers bear a subtitle that reads "201Y SHELBY GT500 COUPE or (CONVERTIBLE)" in much smaller print below.

Just shy of 1 in every 23 2014 GT500 Coupes so far is Grabber Blue - about 4.5%.

Here's a little bit of trivia for those who may not be aware. GT500's are window stickered differently depending upon whether or not they include the SVT Performance Package.

Without the SVTPP (equipped Option Package 820A), window stickers are titled "SHELBY GT500". Cars WITH the SVTPP (equipped with Option Package 821A) are simply titled "Mustang" like any other. Though all GT500 window stickers bear a subtitle that reads "201Y SHELBY GT500 COUPE or (CONVERTIBLE)" in much smaller print below.
    Interesting, but strange. Why not title them all the same, since they're the same car with different options?

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456 12 27 ... LastLast