3rd Annual Mustang Roundup & Boss Reunion, Sept 20-22, Hastings, NE

Announcing:

The 3rd Annual Ford Mustang Roundup and Boss Reunion
    Sept 20 - 22, 2013
    Motorsports Park Hastings
    Hastings, NE

Friday:
    Driving School (all levels) - Track Guys Performance Driving Events
    Evening Car Show, reception and Ford presentations at the Hastings Museum of Natural & Cultural History

Saturday:
    AM: Driver's School - Track Guys Performance Driving Events
    AM: Car Show in the Paddock (Mustangs and Fords welcome)
    PM: High-speed, on-track autocross
    PM: At-track dinner
    PM: Drag Races
    PM: Bon fire and rides in the infamous Bacardi Bus (you DO NOT want to miss this!)

Sunday:
    AM: Practice / warm up
    PM: Hot Lap Challenge (who can run the fastest laps within their class)
    PM: Awards (Drag racing, car show, autocross and hot lap challenge)

Other activities:
    VMP Superchargers and Tuning: Rear-wheel dyno, supercharger installations and/or upgrades
    Guest speakers (and drivers) from Ford and Team Mustang
    Bon fire & Bacardi Bus Rides

Registration is OPEN. You can register online by clicking here. Sign up before July 1 and save $20. Event costs varies depending on what package you sign up for.

Sponsors (still adding folks to the list)
    Woodhouse Ford
    Souix Falls Ford
    Chicane23.com
    Track Guys Performance Driving Events
    VMP Superchargers & Tuning

Check out some of the photos from the 2012 event here... we had more than 45 Boss 302 Mustangs last year... how many can we get in 2013?

This event will get coverage in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords, Mustang magazine and Mustang Times. Hoping to get StangTV.com to do a piece on it as well.

See you at Hastings in September!

We have set the trophies for the event and there are lots of ways to win!

We will have three racing competitions including Autocross, Drag Racing and Road Racing. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd (except drags) place trophies for each competition. There will also be a Top Pony Award for the most combined points in all three competitions. There will be four classes for cars competing in the racing competition as follows:

STOCK
    MODIFIED
    RACE
    SN95

In addition to the on track competition, we will also have awards for the following categories:

Best Paint

Best Boss

Best Engine

Best GT500

Best Vintage

68 & Older

Best Vintage

69 & Newer

People's Choice Vintage

People's Choice Modern

Top 5 Car Show

We have also added awards for the person traveling the FURTHEST. There will be four awards for North, South, East and West. That means guys like stevespo, PeteInCT, or VTBoss for example should be coming to lay claim to the East, Rick, Drew or Grant for example from the West, any one of our Canadian friends from the North to edge out John , or YellowBoss or zquez from the South.

Really looking forward to a GREAT event guys (and gals )
    2012 Boss 302 CO/BK with Recaros/Torsen Diff - LS wing, Boss 302S (suspension, hood, grille, splitter, radiator, air-to-oil cooler & tow hooks), Corsa Extremes, Aeroforce Gauge, Trans cooling scoop, brake cooling kit, SS Lines, MM 4 pt roll bar & c/c plates, JLT Oil Separator (pass), MGW Shifter, Kooks LT headers and O/R H pipe, JHR Clutch Line, KR diff reservoir, Prothane Motor Mounts, ARP wheel studs, DSS 1-pc aluminum DS

2007 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue with White Stripes 640 rwhp/625 rwtq

Piss on Fox Sports1 99COBRA2881's Avatar
    Meh too bad it's on a NASA central region weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 99COBRA2881 View Post
    Meh too bad it's on a NASA central region weekend.
    Yea I know we will lose a few to that event and will have to try and avoid overlap next year. Were you at the one last weekend at MPH? We had a great time.

Yeah I walked around your car just never seemed to time it right when you were there too.

Quote Originally Posted by 99COBRA2881 View Post
    Yeah I walked around your car just never seemed to time it right when you were there too.
    Cool hopefully can connect next season.

Sounds good. I'm hoping next year I will get to run a few more events. Car was still broken for the first two races this year and it took me way too long to get it back together. Spare engine is in the plans right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    We have set the trophies for the event and there are lots of ways to win!

We will have three racing competitions including Autocross, Drag Racing and Road Racing. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd (except drags) place trophies for each competition. There will also be a Top Pony Award for the most combined points in all three competitions. There will be four classes for cars competing in the racing competition as follows:

STOCK
    MODIFIED
    RACE
    SN95

In addition to the on track competition, we will also have awards for the following categories:

Best Paint

Best Boss

Best Engine

Best GT500

Best Vintage

68 & Older

Best Vintage

69 & Newer

People's Choice Vintage

People's Choice Modern

Top 5 Car Show

We have also added awards for the person traveling the FURTHEST. There will be four awards for North, South, East and West. That means guys like stevespo, PeteInCT, or VTBoss for example should be coming to lay claim to the East, Rick, Drew or Grant for example from the West, any one of our Canadian friends from the North to edge out John , or YellowBoss or zquez from the South.

Really looking forward to a GREAT event guys (and gals )
    We have added an additional Modified Class and 12 more trophies! We also added a King of The Strip trophy for drag only cars so if you've got a HP beast, bring it on!

The 4 competition classes competing for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Autocross, Drag Racing, Road Racing and overall points for Top Ford are now as follows:

Stock Class – Cars with no or few performance modifications racing on street tires. (Exception - 2012/13 Boss LS Pzero Corsa & 13/14 GT500 Goodyear Eagle F1 G:2 acceptable for stock class)

Modified Class – Cars with moderate to several performance modifications racing on R-compound tires, still driven regularly on the street.

Modified Outlaw Class – Cars meeting the modified class criteria with one or both of the following additional modifications: Significant non-OEM aero (e.g. wings higher than roofline), coilover suspension systems.

Race Class – Cars with significant performance modifications that are driven only on the track. This category also includes any cars racing on sticker slicks. As with NASA, Conti takeoff slicks from Grand Am would be exempted in the Modified class.

This event just keeps getting bigger and better!
    Last edited by cloud9; 08-28-2013 at 02:43 PM.

**Ford Participation Update**

So far we have:

1. Todd Soderquist CD Platform Program Manager (Mustang Planner at the time the current Boss program launched) He will be there with his dad and they'll be driving the 2012 Black LS LS022 and 2013 SBY LS LS022

2. Chuck Drake - Mustang Vehicle Engineering Leader - He is actually bringing 3 family bosses including his father and brother.

That's two father/son Ford teams coming!

3. Rich Morris - Manager of Product Development Investment - He has ordered a new 14MY GT500 that he will be taking delivery of at MPH with us.

Great way to break in a new car!

Registrations are really starting to roll in now. Make sure you get your hotels booked guys! Also, I know a bunch of you that are planning to go but I don't see your names on the registration list yet. Please get them in to George ASAP so he can make sure he has plenty of transponders, food and drink!

I see we've got one really cool entry that I can't wait to see on track. One of the Ford guys is bringing a 2013 Focus ST
    There are also two 2014 GT500s registered and George tells me they also have a Boss 429 barn find coming for the car show!

Looking forward to a great weekend!

I had a great time at the event as a first timer. I picked up my 2014 Shelby GT500 in April and took my track driving lesson in late June with Randy H. I was fortunate to improve my time over the weekend and finished first in the Stock class in 1:41.8

A GoPro video link of my fastest lap is below

ccfmc

Thanks George for hosting a great event!

Greg

'67 Mustang Conv Clearwater Aqua, 289 4BBL, Cobra HiRise, TrickFlow Hds, TriY Hdr, 5spd Tremec, 3.50:1 ... (owned since HS 1976)

Quote Originally Posted by venom62 View Post
    I had a great time at the event as a first timer. I picked up my 2014 Shelby GT500 in April and took my track driving lesson in late June with Randy H. I was fortunate to improve my time over the weekend and finished first in the Stock class in 1:41.8

A GoPro video link of my fastest lap is below

ccfmc

Thanks George for hosting a great event!

Greg
    Glad you made it out Greg and congratulations on your first place finish. You're easily in reach of hitting a 1:39.99 next year so you can carve your name on that clubhouse table!

Information on next year's FOUR DAY EVENT is already up here:

4th Annual Mustang Roundup Sept 18-21, 2014 Motorsports Park Hastings! 4 days!!