Prothane Trans Mount

Looking to get a more durable, and much stronger trans mount.

Anyone ever use the Prothane one for the T-45 and T3650?

Thoughts?
    Here is the link.
    1999-04 Mustang Urethane Transmission Mount for T-45 And Tr3650 at LRS - Free Shipping!

Thanks, Mario.

"If you see the driver of a Cobra walking with a limp, it is not because he hurt his back - it's from getting laid several times a day."
    2014 Tux Black SVT Raptor SCREW
    17k Mile 1999 Rio Red Mustang Cobra Vert Rollin on CCW's.
    Mods -
    Kooks LT Headers O/R X-Pipe Borla Cat-Back
    JLT Next Gen RAI
    Level 2 IRS
    Kurgan Motorsports Tune
    CCW SP500's
    Custom 03 Cobra Seats

www.fulltiltboogieracing.com would be a good choice.

is your sig photoshopped lol? I have eibach on my vert and its not lookin like that. Maybe you went with the sport I went with pro.

edit* I was thinkin rear differential for some reason even tho you clearly said transmission lol. its late.
    Last edited by zPipes; 06-01-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    If you cant fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

K&N cai, Mac L/T, Mac o/r H-pipe, Flowmaster Delta 40's
    Spec Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Kit, 3.73 FR gears, FR Adjustible Clutch Cable & FR dual hook Quadrant, MM CC Plates, Eibach Pro kit -less rear iso's and front lower iso's, Eiback 30mm spacers, Koni Yellow shocks, FTBR adjustable sway bar links, FTBR Deluxe Bumpsteer/Upgraded Toe Link Kit, 18x9, 18x10 Chrome Deep Dish Bullit's, Power Stop Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Yellow painted calipers with black Cobra letters
    Cobra R 2.5" cowl hood, 03/04 rear bumper

I know the Prothane motor mounts used to raise the motor up 1/2" above the energy suspension, but are much stiffer.

I've also found that Prothane has (supossedly) revised the motor mounts to sit lower and more like the Energy suspension mounts.

If this same story applies to the transmission mounts, then I'm going with the Prothane mounts.

Having mounts that don't change the pinion angle is best.

I'll keep looking for a NEW comparison thread...

Quote Originally Posted by zPipes View Post
    FULL TILT BOOGIE RACING would be a good choice.

is your sig photoshopped lol? I have eibach on my vert and its not lookin like that. Maybe you went with the sport I went with pro.

edit* I was thinkin rear differential for some reason even tho you clearly said transmission lol. its late.
    Yea Trans mounts lol.. Yea my SIG pic is shopped to the max lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shurur View Post
    I know the Prothane motor mounts used to raise the motor up 1/2" above the energy suspension, but are much stiffer.

I've also found that Prothane has (supossedly) revised the motor mounts to sit lower and more like the Energy suspension mounts.

If this same story applies to the transmission mounts, then I'm going with the Prothane mounts.

Having mounts that don't change the pinion angle is best.

I'll keep looking for a NEW comparison thread...
    Yea i don't believe it will change anything. Let me know what you find.

I would stick with the soft rubber OEM mounts. All this does is hold up the back half of the engine/tranny assy and is not really subjected to much stress as the engine mounts are absorbing all the torque loads. Urethane will transmit more gear noise to the floorpan.