Crazy SVT Poster

installing roush front splitter?

I got my roush front splitter in today, was looking over the instructions and it says to cut the factory splitter. is this a necessary step? I've read mixed reviews on this. any help is appreciated. thanks
    2013 Mustang GT | Race Red | M6
    Recaros | Boss Laguna Seca X Brace
    Flowmaster Outlaw AB | Track Pack Strut Brace
    GT500 Performance Pack Rims | Tint
    Roush Front and Side Splitters

Yes it is , follow the instructions to a t.....
    {2012 GT Premium} {Tremec Magnum xl 6 speed manual}{Ford Racing 4:10's, Detroit tru track, strange Axles}{ Paxton Novi 2200sl}{Vortech Bap}{id-1000 inj.}{Tial 50 mm bov}{JPC Custom coolant tank}{Spec-3+ Clutch kit}{Billet steel flywheel}{JPC breather kit}{JPC. Clutch line upgrade}{Ford Racing Strut bar} {Whiteline adj. lca's}{Steeda uca and bracket}{ Whiteline adj. front and rear sway bars}{ Whiteline relocation brackets}{Whiteline, watts link}{Steeda sport springs}{Steeda heavy duty strut mounts}{Takico D-spec adjustable struts and shocks}{Bullet Billet Alum./urethane motor mounts}{Tremec Shifter}{kooks super street headers}{kooks race bullet mufflers}{ GT-500 Axle Backs}{Stainless works 3" off road X pipe}{Dyno tech aluminum d\s}{JLT Big Air Intake}{Rev Auto 93 octane dyno tune}{Dash Daq data acquisition module}{Ford racing SVT 6-piston brembos with 15 inch rotors}{Katzkin leather upgrade}{Cervinis Cobra R Hood}{Cervinis Chin Spoiler}

Need A Used Car In Delaware?

www.newmanscarsde.com

I did mine a couple of weeks ago. There are video's on youtube I watched before doing it. Can't believe it was not a bolt on since they had to mold it to begin with
    '13 A6

'03 Evo "winter beater"

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vortecd View Post
    I did mine a couple of weeks ago. There are video's on youtube I watched before doing it. Can't believe it was not a bolt on since they had to mold it to begin with
    same here. pretty frustrating because I was hoping to install it tomorrow but I have no way to cut it.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JW03 View Post
    same here. pretty frustrating because I was hoping to install it tomorrow but I have no way to cut it.
    Just pick up a Dremel... it'll come in handy for other things
    2013 Performance White 5.0
    6R80 - Niche Milans 20x8.5/10 +35/+40 [255/35/20 | 295/30/20]
    - Stillen Splitter - Hotchkis Panhard Bar - H&R SuperSports Springs
    GT500 Valence - Magnaflow GT500 Competition Exhaust - Bassani Race Resonators - Steeda Cat Deletes -
    Lund Tuned

[AVN Photography / More HERE]
    Instagram: NSFW302

Custom User Title
    Edit: Ignore this. For some reason I was thinking rear splitter.
    Last edited by PLTechy; 07-19-2013 at 09:34 AM.

New SVT Poster
    Yes, it needs to be cut. No biggie...just use a hacksaw blade. The plastic is soft and cuts real easy. Clean the burrs up with a file. It's not hard to make a good clean cut but if you don't, no sweat, it doesn't show anyway.

John

Insane SVT Poster
    That is the ONLY reason why I never got one.
    Why the hell should you hack up your oem splitter?!
    Couldnt they make it so it fits on instead of your OEM piece?
    What if you want to return your car back to stock later on, I mean bone stock... shit out of luck then...
    I'd rather spend my money on some other splitter at this point. The roush one isnt exactly cheap either...
    2013 Race Red GT
    ------------------
    Brembos, 3.73's, Steeda CAI, 1 7/8 ARH long tubes, o/r H, Bassani A/B, AED tuned, MGW Shifter, MM C/C plates, Eibach shocks/struts, Sportlines, BMR adj. panhard bar

What is the difference between the Roush front and the Boss 302 front splitter?

I know the Boss 302's stick out juuust a little bit more, but they both look good dont they? Anyone have pics?

Crazy SVT Poster
    got the front splitter installed today along with the sides. I used a dremel as someone suggested and it worked very well. I will post pictures tomorrow. definitely like the way everything looks though