Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ford leaving nhra drag racing

Heard this on the t.v. today and confirmed it with this
    http://http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/25862-ford-makes-it-official-walking-away-from-nhra-pro-racing-at-the-end-of-2014

To me its turning your back on your history of what made you a company. I don't see how they think this is a good move. The NASCAR program sucks balls and that is not working. Ford has what two wins this year in cup and when was the last time they won a championship? At least with NHRA you had a fighting chance. Why don't you just let Toyota take over all racing! Grass roots racing supports your higher levels so that to me is BS. This statement just says we don't want to spend money. I would like to see a letter writing campaign much like was done with Bob Tasca wanted to Cobra Jet program done. I am going to start buying GM at least they support racing
    Last edited by mach14604; 07-28-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    WANT TO BUY M-55 EXHAUST
    2004 MUSTANG CO MACH1
    2004 MUSTANG CO COBRA

Well, that sucks. I wonder what the REAL reason is.
    Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine...
    2003 Centennial Edition Mustang GT Auto Vert Build Date: 03/14/2003
    Power: Fenderwell Intake, 75mm Throttle Body, Intake Plenum, SCT Tuner, Flowmasters
    Suspension: Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks, H&R Super Sport Springs, SR Performance Caster-Camber plates
    Cosmetics: Mach 1 chin spoiler, grille delete, staggered Bullitts, tinted windows

Past toys: '02 Wrangler, '01 Z06, '94 Lightning, '97 Cobra, '03 Cobra. And many other DD/slow cars...

Sucks but I feel like there is more to it than what can be seen at the surface
    PROUD MACA MEMBER #663
    IG: usmcsvtwannabe GO FOLLOW

Quote Originally Posted by James Snover View Post
    When Lightning Larry asks a question, you answer the question.

SVT God
    Ford didn't say they were getting out of drag racing: they just said they were getting out of their NHRA Mello Yello sponsorship.

From their statement, it appears they're saying that as a business, they're not getting out of it what they're putting in it.

That Sucks. I guess 15 Championships and 3 good teams are not what they want to invest in.

Pics
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 hardtop A4- Lid, catback/cutout, suspension mods, Tuned by Frost
    2009 Vulcan 900 custom

1997 Cobra-Bolt-Ons, 4.30's, full exhaust, suspension... Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Francis View Post
    Ford didn't say they were getting out of drag racing: they just said they were getting out of their NHRA Mello Yello sponsorship.

From their statement, it appears they're saying that as a business, they're not getting out of it what they're putting in it.
    That's kind of what I got out of it too.
    precision turbo 7675 | custom cg fabrication kit | built 4r70 swap by darrin@bc auto | corn fed

my build thread (click)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow03snake
    He's just another knuckle dragging 03 Cobra guy who's shit was engineered back during the Clinton administration lol

With pulling out they pull resources for all the funny car teams plus pro-stock. What more did you want to get out of it? I don't see the point I don't see what they get out of NASCAR then as those teams rarely run up front now a days?

Does this mean that the Force cars will no longer be "mustangs"?

Quote Originally Posted by mach14604 View Post
    http://http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/25862-ford-makes-it-official-walking-away-from-nhra-pro-racing-at-the-end-of-2014

To me its turning your back on your history of what made you a company. I don't see how they think this is a good move. The NASCAR program sucks balls and that is not working. Ford has what two wins this year in cup and when was the last time they won a championship? At least with NHRA you had a fighting chance. Why don't you just let Toyota take over all racing! Grass roots racing supports your higher levels so that to me is BS. This statement just says we don't want to spend money. I would like to see a letter writing campaign much like was done with Bob Tasca wanted to Cobra Jet program done. I am going to start buying GM at least they support racing.
    NHRA has nothing to do with Ford being a company.
    I'd love you to show us your new GM guy next week.
    Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right.
    - attr. H. L. Mencken (c.1925)

Fantasy and tyranny flourish where reason, logic, and the truth fail.

Banned

To me its turning your back on your history of what made you a company. I don't see how they think this is a good move. The NASCAR program sucks balls and that is not working. Ford has what two wins this year in cup and when was the last time they won a championship? At least with NHRA you had a fighting chance. Why don't you just let Toyota take over all racing! Grass roots racing supports your higher levels so that to me is BS. This statement just says we don't want to spend money. I would like to see a letter writing campaign much like was done with Bob Tasca wanted to Cobra Jet program done. I am going to start buying GM at least they support racing.
    Ford: Watches their balance sheet and adjusts investments accordingly

GM: "What's a balance sheet?" Stays involved in EVERYTHING, takes bailout money when they run out of cash

Seems like Ford is making smart BUSINESS DECISIONS. As for the grass roots thing, well, maybe they aren't succeeding in NASCAR, but that's a grass roots sport and they are still very much involved in it, so I don't see how you can say they are forgetting their roots.

If you want to buy GM, go for it. But I work for them, and as long as you aren't buying for quality, customer service, or price, then you'll be fine.

Certified SMART ... James Snover's Avatar
    Premium Member
    Yeah, GM is going racing. With your tax dollars. If GM wants to go racing, shouldn't they wait until they can pay for it without your tax money?

"It's a big universe, out there. We're going to have to move fast, if we want to see it all."

Break out the shotguns! svtfocus2cobra's Avatar
    Refusing to buy a brand because they don't race in s particular racing series, a little childish don't you think? Have you ever looked at how many other series Ford races in? It's a lot, so it's not like NHRA is the only one. If they actually quit it then it's probably only temporary as brands do that all the time. Subaru pulled out of WRC for crying out loud! That's literally part of their backbone as a brand!
    02 Sonic Blue SVT Focus (Sold)
    03 Black 10th Anne Coupe (Sold)
    2011 Stealth Black Ducati 848 Evo
    2006 F150 Harley Davidson (Sold)
    2014 F150 Tremor

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasL View Post
    Look i'm on the fence with this new Mustang. I need to see some real numbers and how it compares to the McLaren P1 before I make my decision.

Banned
    Yeah, GM is going racing. With your tax dollars. If GM wants to go racing, shouldn't they wait until they can pay for it without your tax money?
    x2

Do they even use 1 single Ford part on those race cars? If its not working for them then they should pull out.
    Mods-Griggs coil overs 4 corners, griggs caster camber kit, Koni shocks/struts, Griggs tubular k-member/tubular a-arms, 2x4 steel boxed framerails cut and welded into the length of the body, 4 point roll bar, Battle Boxes, Currie johnny joint rear upper control arms, griggs lower control arms, Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace, NA SVT shortrunner intake, IMRC deletes, BBK longtube headers and O/R H-pipe, SLP powerflo catback, FRPP aluminum driveshafts, Centerforce dual friction clutch, C&L cold air intake/K&N, pro 5.0 shifter, rear seat delete, stalker side skirts, boss shinoda wing, rear mounted battery moroso kit, chrome terminator wheels

tuned by Horsepower By Hermann!

Proud Member of MACA (Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association)

here 4 da laffs & cruelty 90goldtsiawd's Avatar

Ford leaving nhra drag racing

OP's Post translation: "I'm ignant"

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2
    Volvo Sales & Leasing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne
    Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.
    '04 Torch Red Cobra Coupe: 2.76-JLT CAI-Bassani ORX-Borla Stingers---SOLD---RIP...
    '90 Sonic Blue Talon Tsi AWD Fully Built SCM61--- PARTED OUT

Quote Originally Posted by PSUCOBRA96 View Post
    Do they even use 1 single Ford part on those race cars? If its not working for them then they should pull out.
    Pro Stock uses Ford Racing block and heads

Premium Member
    Ford is being business smart.

They'll still go racing. They're just not going to sink money into sponsorship.

Besides- winning races and racing helps sell cars. Not putting your name on a sign above the name of an event.

And as for saying "ill start buying GM," don't let the door hit ya on the way out!
    Chris!
    7 Past SVT vehicles including 6 Cobra/GT500's
    Current Stable:
    13 GT500, SGM /Blue Stripes
    13 Ford Fusion Ecoboost- Pearl White
    The above post may come off as abrasive, insensitive, or condescending in nature. Chances are, it was provoked by not being able to fix stupid.

Where the Libetards voted for the death of America.
    They should at least offer taxpayers free tickets, no?

If you disagree with the above post click the link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNnvKVzfHoU

2011 F-150 Screw 6.2L Res delete, Banks Monster

It says they will still be involved with all other forms of drag racing and contingency type stuff, just not NHRA. Not as big of a deal as I originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Does this mean that the Force cars will no longer be "mustangs"?
    From what I understand yes. Force, Tasca, Wilkerson and Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by svtfocus2cobra View Post
    Refusing to buy a brand because they don't race in s particular racing series, a little childish don't you think? Have you ever looked at how many other series Ford races in? It's a lot, so it's not like NHRA is the only one. If they actually quit it then it's probably only temporary as brands do that all the time. Subaru pulled out of WRC for crying out loud! That's literally part of their backbone as a brand!
    Did not know about WRC. Did not say I wasn't going buy a brand?

Quote Originally Posted by PSUCOBRA96 View Post
    Yes they do and technology and performance has been shared between the teams and company that has helped with Ford cars and trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Ford is being business smart.

They'll still go racing. They're just not going to sink money into sponsorship.

Besides- winning races and racing helps sell cars. Not putting your name on a sign above the name of an event.

And as for saying "ill start buying GM," don't let the door hit ya on the way out!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90goldtsiawd View Post
    OP's Post translation: "I'm ignant"

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2
    Don't be rude. Just expressing feelings and opinions with this post.

lolololololololololol VirtualSVT's Avatar
    Premium Member
    lol at all of this.

Premium Member
    Did not know about WRC. Did not say I wasn't going buy a brand?
    You did it in your original post- then you went back deleted it.

It was quoted in post 9, 10, 11, and 15

Lol
    Last edited by Chris!; 07-28-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Lol
    Think it was a mental error? he got all girlie feelie/hyper-emotional on us?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
    Think it was a mental error? he got all girlie feelie/hyper-emotional on us?
    Lol sounds like the ultimate backpedal

Lol
    and bitch slapped! lol
    can't pull one over on the SVTP gang!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast