Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMRC deletes?

IMRC deletes?

Who here has deleted their IMRC's, and how do you like it?

I hve a 97, mainly stock with 410's, a offroad midpipe, and aluminum driveline...

Any links to the best plates to use?

MMR is the only one I know who makes the plates.
    Sold-2011 5.0 GT.

1997 SVT Cobra Mustang: Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; 2003 Cobra Seats; Pro 5.0 shifter, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by fake View Post
    MMR is the only one I know who makes the plates.
    Has anyone had any luck with them?

Banned
    You should make them yourself, the mmr ones are nice tho

Good luck so far. The best ones are the composite ones. The best part is never worring about broken cables or gummed up butterflies. If you have all the mods done I think they help with air flow too. They never should have been there to begin with. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by SVT CAMR View Post
    Good luck so far. The best ones are the composite ones. The best part is never worring about broken cables or gummed up butterflies. If you have all the mods done I think they help with air flow too. They never should have been there to begin with. IMO
    This this this.

I have deletes. I replaced the module 2ce before I deleted them and wish I did it from the get go. I love them deleted and didn't notice any negatives either

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro_94 View Post
    I hope you run over a puddle and your opti takes a shit. And then while you're sitting there realizing what pieces of shit your car is, a flock of birds shits all over you.

Crazy SVT Poster
    If you delete them would you have to retune your car?
    1996 Mystic Cobra.
    Vortech,meth,LTs,4.10, and T-56.
    2013 Ingot silver SHO w/PP
    Lms 93 tune 12.84@108

Quote Originally Posted by TheMachWON View Post
    If you delete them would you have to retune your car?
    I thought you had to have a dyno
    Tune?

Banned
    Just to turn off the cel.

With your gears you won't notice a difference

Insane SVT Poster
    I also thought you had to adjust the spark with a tune if you delete the plates?

I have deletes and no CEL somehow. Everything is deleted and has been for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by SVT CAMR View Post
    This

when i did mine last year it did make a difference at least in my mind, cant wait to install the SRI to really tell a difference.
    STOLEN
    96 Cobra
    BBk LT with off road X-Pipe, IRS magnaflows, modified bbk cold air, Accufab Single Blade TB, IMRCs(deleted), Short Runner Intake(SRI), COP Swap, pro 5.0 shifter base w/ Steeda Tri-ax handle,Eibach sportline springs (front),Maximum motorsport C/C plates and bump stops, 99 IRS-4.10s,poly diff housing bushings,billetflow irs brace,04 IRS torque brace,h&r sport springs(rear), bilstien shocks,Black Saleen wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by brucesvt View Post
    This

when i did mine last year it did make a difference at least in my mind, cant wait to install the SRI to really tell a difference.
    So your running NMR's?

Quote Originally Posted by LilBerx View Post
    So your running NMR's?
    Yeah i made my own deletes with the help of a friend. and still have not tuned the car since has been running fine.

I'm running mmr ones and they work like they should lol
    96 cobra #26-lazer red-mac LT o/r h mac muflers- Forged shortblock-4.10s -ect ect

Deleted mine and had the tune revised for fuel and spark, my tuner had already dialed it all in from previous cars.
    98 bab, 4.30's, imrc deletes, tune, diet plan pulley's,full exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by tt54l32v View Post
    Deleted mine and had the tune revised for fuel and spark, my tuner had already dialed it all in from previous cars.
    How much of a power difference did you notice?

They only add about 3rwhp so you will feel very little to nothing. Also, it won't need a tune but you should get one. With deletes you need to add timing below 3500rpm to get the power back. The tune above 3500 will need to be hcanged very little.

Make you own deletes as paying over $200 for them is jst plain stupid. You can make them in an afternoon for less than $15.00.

Quote Originally Posted by LilBerx View Post
    How much of a power difference did you notice?
    Prob about a hundred
    Considering they were very intermittent and didnt work half the time. I also felt a pretty big difference from when they actually worked and after deleting them. Due to them being so gummed up.
    Take them off and delete them, clean all the ports on the head with berrymans b12 chem tool by rolling the motor over and closing each valve and letting it sit in there for a while. Get some 4.30s, a tune and ditch unnecessary weight.
    I made 290/290 through a mustang dyno, with pulleys, long tubes o/r x and three chamber flows,light clean up on the lid, imrc deletes, and cleaning everything.
    Long tubes, 4.30s, compensating tune, clean heads and I bet I have more tq down low than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by na svt View Post
    They only add about 3rwhp so you will feel very little to nothing. Also, it won't need a tune but you should get one. With deletes you need to add timing below 3500rpm to get the power back. The tune above 3500 will need to be hcanged very little.

Make you own deletes as paying over $200 for them is jst plain stupid. You can make them in an afternoon for less than $15.00.
    what do you recommend to make them with.
    1996 Cobra

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the U.S. Native-American Indian."

Henry Ford

Authorized Vendor Modular Racing's Avatar

My Social Networking

Add Modular Racing on Facebook
    For those looking you can purchase here:

Products 1996-2011 DOHC / COBRA/ GT500 Mustang Parts MMR PN#90087 96-98 Cobra / Lincoln Mark 8 IMRC Deletes

We do not suggest making your own if you do not have experience with epoxy, over the years MMR has had many engines come in that have destroyed themselve from the epoxy falling out and going into the engine!!

www.modularmotorsportsracing.com 1-877-MOD-POWR
    Precision Engineered Modular Engines and Components, WORLD RECORD HOLDER 6.02 @ 246.89, WORLDS FASTEST GT500 [email protected] , WORLDS FASTEST 5.0 TiVCT COYOTE 7.02@202, 5 speed Record holder-8.99@154

Rated Top 10 Mustang of 2011- MM&FF Magazine Jan 12'

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeBit! View Post
    what do you recommend to make them with.
    Use JB weld or other similiar epoxy.
    1. Remove the rods and butterfly valves
    2. Remove the bearings at the ends of the plates
    3. Thoroughly clean the five areas of each plate that will recieve the epoxy. These are the holes between the cylinders (3 each) and the holes where the bearings used to be installed.
    4. Fill the holes with epoxy and let cure.

The holes between the primary and secondary ports can be left unfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Modular Racing View Post
    We do not suggest making your own if you do not have experience with epoxy, over the years MMR has had many engines come in that have destroyed themselve from the epoxy falling out and going into the engine
    That's crap! In all my years of being around these cars, making IMRC deletes, and helping others make them I've not seen one damaged by epoxy. In fact, there's no way for the epoxy to be sucked into the engine as the areas that are filled capture it in a way that in cannot enter the airstream.
    Last edited by na svt; 08-21-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Authorized Vendor Modular Racing's Avatar

My Social Networking

Add Modular Racing on Facebook

That's bullshit. In all my years of being around these cars, making IMRC deletes, and helping others make them I've not seen one damaged by epoxy. In fact, there's no way for the epoxy to be sucked into the engine as the areas that are filled capture it in a way that in cannot enter the airstream.
    Firstly, no need to swear, you can make a point without that. We respect your opinion, but being a company that has built and rebuilt more modular engines than anyone in the world our statement is based on fact. Granted some money can be saved if done correctly and it sounds as like your home business building them has had great success using epoxy, but we hate to see members here have the same fate as so many others we have seen making their own without any experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Modular Racing View Post
    Firstly, no need to swear, you can make a point without that.
    fixed.

Seriously, I've never heard of any engine damage caused by the epoxying of IMRCs. I won't make them any more because it's not worth my time. However, I will happily instruct anyone how do make them.
    Last edited by na svt; 08-21-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Insane SVT Poster

Why can't you just tie the IMRC open? And if I were to get a Kenne Bell 2.1, doesn't the setup come with some kind of deletes?
    Last edited by laddanator; 08-21-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast