Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New SVT Poster

2015 Mustang Spied

Damn, this thing is going to be hot when it's a GT350 with 600bhp and a lot less weight and IRS.

Maybe this will get the dealers to stop charging 10k over sticker on 2013/4 models.

Like it or not, Ford won't sit still and the next gen Shelby will be better in every possible way. Which is great! Love these cars.

2015 Ford Mustang Spy Shots - R&T Spy Photos - Road & Track

I saw it online too. Dont know yet what to think. Kinda of reminds me of the other ford lineup, which ive never been into every model looking alike. toyota does this, mazda, etc. I liked that for a while ford models looked different but good. Im sure itll grow on me but nothing is going to take my breathe away like the first time i turn the key on my gt500 being built.

Ford #1 always

Shelby SP Region Director dubbsfaris's Avatar
    Yeah, it seems to have a SN95 feel to it, and I just have to say, I have never been a real fan of that generation although it did produce some great performers!!

I hear the people at Ford are VERY happy with it, and I wonder if we are getting a real look, or if this is some sort of intentional misdirect.

We saw many '15s in Dearborn a couple weeks ago. Nobody saw one without the camo, and the camo being off just the front has me wondering why? This is the proving grounds right next to the Museum and park, so it doesnt make sense they would expose it where it can be seen by the general public.
    2015 Mustang GT 50th, WW with Automatic on order

2014 DIB with Red Stripe GT500, all but glass roof.

2013 Black Explorer Sport, all options.

2013 Black Taurus SHO, all options.

2011 Molten Raptor SCrew, all but moon roof.

2008 Shelby Terlingua

For information on Shelby AND Ford events in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana, feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by dubbsfaris View Post
    Yeah, it seems to have a SN95 feel to it, and I just have to say, I have never been a real fan of that generation although it did produce some great performers!!

I hear the people at Ford are VERY happy with it, and I wonder if we are getting a real look, or if this is some sort of intentional misdirect.

We saw many '15s in Dearborn a couple weeks ago. Nobody saw one without the camo, and the camo being off just the front has me wondering why? This is the proving grounds right next to the Museum and park, so it doesnt make sense they would expose it where it can be seen by the general public.
    For that exact reason; so it can be seen and generate discussion. I can't get enough of the look or feel as it's way too covered up as a whole aesthetic design. However I have heard nothing but praise about this car.

This will probably be a very very good mustang as they knew they had a hit with the Retro generation but had to change up and you can't exactly tweak that chassis to be modern much more than it is. My prediction is a home run for Ford and they will sell oodles of them. Shelby will no longer be attached to the Halo brands but SVT Cobra will come back with some ridiculous performers. This site will go on as will Ford and people will continue to be happy and sad at what they chose to do. The happy will far outweigh the sad. We shall see..

Fin

wrong forum
    13 EB F150 Livernois 93 tune, loving the twins
    13 GT500 cams, etc
    04 Cobra sold
    08 GT500 sold
    03 Roush 380R sold

Drill baby drill

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda View Post
    Damn, this thing is going to be hot when it's a GT350 with 600bhp and a lot less weight and IRS.

Maybe this will get the dealers to stop charging 10k over sticker on 2013/4 models.

Like it or not, Ford won't sit still and the next gen Shelby will be better in every possible way. Which is great! Love these cars.

2015 Ford Mustang Spy Shots - R&T Spy Photos - Road & Track

Me thinks he is trolling for a reaction in this "wrong" forum.......
    2013 GT500 Sterling Gray

2008 GT/CS

1965 Trans-AM Mustang Terlingua DM-450 Car #4

Looks like it rides a little soft

Crazy SVT Poster
    The front as much as I can see of it, looks better than I thought it would. I don't doubt this car will be a great car. I will be waiting to see what SVT does for the 2016 Mustang.
    2014 GT500 GB/Blk Stripes, Recaros. (Ordered 3/11, on 4/10 scheduled to be built the week of 4/29, Done being built on 5/1) Delivered 5/22

Quote Originally Posted by lvxlr8n View Post
    The front as much as I can see of it, looks better than I thought it would. I don't doubt this car will be a great car. I will be waiting to see what SVT does for the 2016 Mustang.
    x2 and still wouldn't change ordering my '14.
    -J
    '91 LX hatch:
    Bimini Blue
    427"/88mm at 16psi......4 digit power

'14 GT500:
    Sterling Grey w/ Blue Stripe glass roof coupe
    SVT finest yet

'04 E55 AMG:
    bad black DD

I love the front of it from what I can tell! But damn those are some skinny tires! If it really is as small as those in the know on here say it will be, there goes our chances of having some wider rear tires. As another said above, I will have to make a final determination when it is totally unveiled.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Definitely does not do anything for me. The upper grill opening is weak compared to my 14 GT500.
    2014 GT500 - Ruby Red Metallic/Black stripes
    SVTPP, Track Pack, Recaros, Shaker Pro, Electronics/NAV, Car Cover, Tint, JLT Oil Seperator, Cortex Racing Street Watts Link, Torque Arm, LCAs, FRPP Axelbacks

2012 BOSS - Race Red/Black stripes, Track Key, Recaros/Diff - Traded

2000 SS Camaro - 6spd, T-Tops, Highly Modified LS1 - Sold

93 5.0 LX Vert - Limited Edition, White top, white leather, White wheels, 5 spd - Sold

1969 GTO Vert - Original Numbers Matching, 4 spd, Liberty Blue/Black Top - Sold

Debt Free but the House!! mustangc's Avatar
    My thoughts: this is the first Mustang in history that looks like a Mustang and a Ford at the same time. It looks like you took the features and lines of the Fusion and superimposed them on the proportions of the Mustang. In general, I like it, but it's not one of those "I've GOT to wait for the new one" kind of reactions. From straight on, it's sharp, but the front side 3/4 view starts to show a flat hood that begins to visually 'sag' or 'droop' and round off to an artificially low grill opening...not digging that pic.

Last edited by mustangc; 08-21-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    1979 Red Mustang Hatchback - "Bessie" | 1994 Black SVT Cobra - "Nitemare"
    1996 SVT Mystic Cobra - "Mystic" | 2014 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500 - "Grace"

Premium Member
    Can I order one yet?
    Chris!
    7 Past SVT vehicles including 6 Cobra/GT500's
    Current Stable:
    13 GT500, SGM /Blue Stripes
    13 Ford Fusion Ecoboost- Pearl White
    The above post may come off as abrasive, insensitive, or condescending in nature. Chances are, it was provoked by not being able to fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post

Looks like it rides a little soft
    That's because the sway bars are connected to the outside of the Hubs. That's a huge engineering mistake. Only somebody from Kanada could like that homely thing........
    2009 GT500 - VMP TVS Powered: 638HP/633TQ - TVS 2.5, JLT Intake, PHRP H-Pipe + KR Muffler, Fuzzy Dice
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost twin-turbo D/D

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlv8 View Post
    That's because the sway bars are connected to the outside of the Hubs. That's a huge engineering mistake. Only somebody from Kanada could like that homely thing........
    No no ...electric hybrid powa!
    -J

Quote Originally Posted by Willie2 View Post
    wrong forum
    Technically, you're spot on. But how about limiting the perspective towards the new model to that of current GT500 owners. The group isn't diluted and as such it is easier to get a feel from the guys that own the current badass and king. Color me interested in the vibe from this body.

When I peruse those photos I realize how much I like the current Boss 302S and will miss that car when it goes away.

When I click the link it briefly shows a page and then goes to "Subscribe".

Tom
    95 Conv/HT #357 SOLD
    95R #69 of 250-TF Racing/Zippo Motorsports Racer #47
    95R #24 of 250-Snipes Ford Racer #26
    2014 Shelby GT500-GB w/White Stripes

Long-time SVT Enthusiast Norton's Avatar
    Maybe it will grow on me but, for now, I'm still quite happy I bought when I did...
    2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black, SVTPP, SVTTP, Recaros, Electronics Pkg, Shaker Pro, & Cover / 642RWHP, 621FT-LBS
    #908 of 1464, Built on 16 Oct, Delivered by Whitney's Value Ford in Elma, WA on 9 Nov
    Mods: MPSS Tires on Base Wheels; Revan Racing Engine Bay Reservoirs; JLT CF Intake; Airaid SynthaMax Filter; Bob's Ultimate Oil Separator; FRPP Strut Tower Brace;
    Shelby SS Billet Engine Caps; MGW Shifter; SS Brake & Clutch Lines; Ford Racing & AeroForce Interceptor Gauges; Jaeger Bros Stone Guards; VLED 5K CREE Driving Lights; Clutch-Assist Spring Removed; True Forged Heat Extractor; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Plus; Viper Ultra Tint; LED Map, License Plate, & Trunk Bulbs; Rogue Radar-Mount; Lloyd Mats; Shelby Dash Plaque; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; JLT Painted Radiator Cover; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies

Originally ordered from Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills (CO) on 18 Jun, my order dropped from "#1 of 3" to "#3 of 2" on 19 Sep
    Moral of the story: Do NOT shop Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills in Colo Spgs, CO

I cannot wait to see all the rear end issues with the IRS and anything over 400 HP. Strong, stable and reliable rear ends are not Fords strength. I can't imagine the # of issues we will see with 600 HP. The focus should be on handling and road race capabilities and less on high HP/high torque and straight line performance. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying an IRS can't handle big power. My M5 was incredible for being as heavy as it was and was putting down over 500 HP at the tires. 0 wheel hop even on old tires, no gear issues, no odd popping/clunking, no bent axles, nothing - even after 85k miles. I can't say the same for my last 3 mustangs.
    03 Covertible Cobra #2339 of 5082 (Sold 2006)
    07 Lincoln Mark LT 4x4 (Sold 2009)
    08 White/Blue Shelby Coupe (Sold 2010)
    06 M5 (Sold 2013)
    13 Sterling Grey Shelby Coupe

SVT Poster
    They say the 5.0 will get bore out to a 5.4L flat plane style crank shaft very similar to Ferrari v8 this style tends to rev high closer to 8 - 9,000rpm then the 6 or 7 the current motors do. I'm glad I bought a 13 with some American muscle looks like the new stang will look and sound like a euro sports car.

High revving would be great. This puppy already needs lowering, wide body kit, some updated gearing and forced induction. Hopefully it will come with a world wide mod friendly warranty too

It kinda reminds me of a mustang got mated with a ford fusion.

Insane SVT Poster
    Someone posted a fusion front end next to the photos of this '15' and it made me think its a misdirect.

its beyond close...its the same front end...
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125600&dateline=13375  68551

Sorry, the Mustang should have its own design language not the design language of the rest of the fleet. This is a total shame. It's not that the design is bad but it really does look like a Fusion.

It's kind of like how Nissan has Altima sedan and a Altima coupe.

Now Ford will have its Fusion coupe.
    Last edited by BossAnaki; 08-21-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    2013 GT500 Coupe Deep Impact Blue/Black stripes w/Recaros
    Sold: 2006 Tungsten grey GT Premium - Procharged/513rwhp
    Sold: 1994 Rio Red Cobra - Procharged/594rwhp
    Sold: 1989 Black 5.0 LX
    Sold: 1970 Mustang Sportsroof
    Sold: 1969 Indian Fire Red S Code Mach 1 w/shaker hood scoop
    DD: 2008 Vapor Silver Lincoln MKX

Debt Free but the House!! mustangc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie2 View Post
    wrong forum
    You're right, it belongs in the fusion forum, lol!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast