Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

C7 Auto vs. 2014 Shelby from a dig

Sorry if repost, tried searching.

Insane SVT Poster spray'n mach 1's Avatar
    Its posted already. Its zl1's are ghey car
    2003 redfire cobra convertible-slow but has potential
    2003 DSG mach 1- 150 shot of nawzz. sold..

Premium Member
    it doesnt matter you let out at 120. He caught up to you very quickly and blew by you. That is enough to show you who is the boss.

TVS 2011 SVTPP GT500 675rwhp - 630rwtq - SOLD :-(

means dont race them red light to red light

HCIE LMB C6 Z06 N/A
    612rwhp/562rwtq w/ STOCK compression, all motor.
    10.552 1/4 in crap weather on 604rwhp and stock gears, 10.20s or better coming soon

FAST TOYS THAT WERE SOLD:
    '02 HOK Blue Stang-Billet 5.5 DOHC w/ Twin 67s-815rwhp@15psi
    '00 HCIE Stalled 4.6 GT
    '05 Mini S
    '01 Busa / '00 R6 /'06 Busa:

baller on a budget vettez062002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown02 View Post
    means dont race them red light to red light
    0-100.. win lol
    2007 Campagna T-REX Turbo'd..
    2010 Subaru WRX. Big turbo. built motor
    1996 Mustang GT teksid built motor.T56.. endless project
    2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax Denali. Tow Rig
    2008 Z06.. H/C/I/ Bottle

WTB: something with issues!!!! PM me

Traction being equal the GT500 would have taken it very easy. However I really like the new Corevette, Chevy has really made the C7 Corvette so much better than the previous generation.
    VMP TVS with 2.8 pulley - Kurgan Tuned
    JLT Hight Boost CAI with Amsoil Dry flow filter
    VMP GT500 TB and inlet
    60 LB injectors - KB BAP
    JLT Oil separator - Gords Heat Exchanger
    3.27 gears in a Iron IRS housing
    Pacesetter 1 5/8 LTs - Pacesetter O/R X
    Bassani CB
    Spec 3+ Clutch - Fidanza Flywhhel
    26 Spline input shaft - Lethal Performance Retainer
    RP 170 T-stat
    Autometer boost, oil pressure and oil temp.
    Aeroforce Intercepter with Wideband bank 2
    Innovate Motorsports MTX Wideband bank 1
    MGW Shifter - Venom shift mod
    Reman Cobra engine born Dec 12, 2012
    Jabsco pump for intercooling system
    Lethal Performance Head cooling mod
    Remote IAC setup
    VMP idlers - Metco 100 mm Auxillary idler
    SCT BA2600
    H&R Race Springs
    LPW Diff cover - FTBR Diff bushings
    Gen III Killer Chiller

BMW Master Technician

Quote Originally Posted by musclefan21 View Post
    it doesnt matter you let out at 120. He caught up to you very quickly and blew by you. That is enough to show you who is the boss.
    Since it looked to take about ~12.5 seconds to run down the vette, determining who is the 'boss' isn't so clear cut. IMO, that's pretty poor for a car with 200 more hp.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSpartan View Post
    Since it looked to take about ~12.5 seconds to run down the vette, determining who is the 'boss' isn't so clear cut. IMO, that's pretty poor for a car with 200 more hp.
    Um considering whoever was driving the GT500 couldn't launch worth a shit I'm pretty sure it would take less time than that.

Edit: And you obviously didn't see that the C7 is an auto.
    Last edited by WOTjunkie; 11-26-2013 at 07:55 PM.

The 13-14 GT500 is faster in a straight line stock for stock than a C7. PERIOD. Let not start a pissing match over something we all know is true.

Premium Member
    Holy shit the guy simply had traction problems and still took down a car that had a few cars head start on him with ease. If that doesn't prove who has the bigger balls, then I don't know what else.

Plus this is one race with one driver. This in noway a consistent result between the two.

Holy shit the guy simply had traction problems and still took down a car that had a few cars head start on him with ease. If that doesn't prove who has the bigger balls, then I don't know what else.

Plus this is one race with one driver. This in noway a consistent result between the two.
    this.

If you build a car with so much power, it can't lay it down effectively without VHT, who's fault is that?

C7 stock 1/4 times are already within ~.2 sec of the the GT500. Given the massive power advantage, that's pretty pathetic. I know this will piss everyone off, but it's true.

just goes back to picking your battles.. if your high hp and are confident in getting off the line w/ your sticky tires and launch, thats one thing.. but if you have street tires your high hp car is going to be faster from a roll..its common sense.. in all fairness the auto c7 should have given the gt500 a roll race from 40 as well.

I agree.

Automatic vs. 6spd.

I've seen 6spd Vipers turn mid 11s @ 130mph+

automatic fbodys, mid 11s @ 115mph'

Race on the street? ha, it would have looked just like this race. Automatic FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by bglf83 View Post
    I want background checks for people receiving government welfare checks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy View Post
    i want these people to be drug tested....

Premium Member
    If you build a car with so much power, it can't lay it down effectively without VHT, who's fault is that?

C7 stock 1/4 times are already within ~.2 sec of the the GT500. Given the massive power advantage, that's pretty pathetic. I know this will piss everyone off, but it's true.
    no need for vht. Simple drag radials is good enough.

Your post proves you have no idea about racing. A car that pulled up to another car that quick and passed it that quick isn't .2 seconds quicker. Why don't you tell me what these two cars run best on a 1/4 mile?

Quote Originally Posted by TVSCobra View Post
    The 13-14 GT500 is faster in a straight line stock for stock than a C7. PERIOD. Let not start a pissing match over something we all know is true.
    this
    2003 SVT COBRA

........and the base vette too.......the 'soon to come' more performance versions are going to be hurting some serious butt
    Black/Tungsten Coupe...2007 Shelby GT500..Custom Asanti w/ 325's!! and No sticking out!, TVS + other goodies, by Evolution Performance 659 rwhp. Evolution Stage 5, Car # 11 Limited Production? Yeah right so.....SOLD !!!

Welcome C6 Z06 !! now with PRC heads and a 'mild' cam
    Coming Soon! - C7Zxx?? - just because I need one
    Motorbikes-Too many to list
    Ford F150 FX2 Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by R1Lello View Post
    ........and the base vette too.......the 'soon to come' more performance versions are going to be hurting some serious butt
    so the 100,000 dollar versions you mean

+1

C7's are cutting 1.7 60ft times on stock tires while gt500's cut 2.3 60ft times, that's not the vettes fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by COBRAGUY95 View Post
    I watched it rain for the 29th day of a 30 day month, I looked at her all clean and snugly in the garage and simple said " I miss you babe " That is what I did for my Cobra today. SMH
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCaliKrome View Post
    I've been there guys. I know it really sucks.

Every time I bitch about the cost of living in SoCal, the smog Nazi's, 91 Octane priced as if its C16 and other inconveniences, I remind myself that I live in a weather phenomenon that could be called a "paradise."

If it drizzles (called rain by Californians) more than 10 days out of the entire calendar year in SoCal, I start complaining about it being an El Nino year! LOL

Yes, I have become accustomed and spoiled by the near year round perfect weather. Hope the rain clears soon for you on the East Coast.

no need for vht. Simple drag radials is good enough.

Your post proves you have no idea about racing. A car that pulled up to another car that quick and passed it that quick isn't .2 seconds quicker. Why don't you tell me what these two cars run best on a 1/4 mile?

DR will definitely help, but then you are no longer stock, and kill the other performance areas of the car in return.

As I stated, the best 1/4 time stock for both cars are within ~.2 seconds. Traps are obviously significantly different, but that means zip at the 1/4. That should tell you which one makes the most use of what it has.

Who cares about 1/4 mile? Roll racing is the new thing man. And most Vettes do that rather than the track.

2012 Black GT500 - Almost stock

Just because a car has more power does not always mean it is quicker. There is this little thing called weight difference. I don't know the exact number but how much heavier is GT500 vs the C7? Not to mention I don't care what kind of car or how good the driver is. Eventually there will someone with a faster car or better driver. Either way both are bad ass cars.
    2014 GT Vert(My new toy)
    2004 Cobra 2.8 KB, 648hp/618tq(SOLD!)
    2009 GT500 FR3 Suspension,Flowmasters,2.6 Pulley, JLT CAI, Aux. idler, NGK Plugs(SOLD!)
    2009 GT Vert Eibach,20" Foose Nitrous, FRPP Top END(Wife's Toy)
    2013 Volkswagen CC(Wife's DD)
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew(my DD)
    2006 CBR 600RR (My Therapist)

Premium Member

S

DR will definitely help, but then you are no longer stock, and kill the other performance areas of the car in return.

As I stated, the best 1/4 time stock for both cars are within ~.2 seconds. Traps are obviously significantly different, but that means zip at the 1/4. That should tell you which one makes the most use of what it has.
    Just tell me those 1/4 mile times please. Then we will go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Lello View Post
    Considering the Vette and the Mustang were never meant to compete with each other I'd say the Shelby is doing a pretty damn good job of pissing off the Chevy fanboys.

I sure as hell would hope the new Z07 would beat the Shelby so your argument is invalid. When the Camaro starts beating the mustang then you chevy boys can talk shit.
    Last edited by WOTjunkie; 11-27-2013 at 12:50 AM.

A base auto C7 would likely run the same ET as a $100k+ Viper all day long. Hell, it would probably run the same ET as a C6Z 99.999% of the time if they stopped in the middle of the street and raced from a dig.

This has been happening with automatic vs. manual high powered RWD cars on the street since the dawn of time. It happens within the same platform. An automatic GT500 would just flatout rape a 6spd GT500 in a race like this, it wouldn't even be a question. Within the same platform automatics hold all the records, and not by a tenth or two, but by a second or two, usually with less tire.

All that being said, it doesn't matter if it has 800hp more, the car was designed to hit a certain benchmark considering it's size, market, weight and layout. It's a ****ing 3900lb+ boulevard cruiser meant to appease pony car enthusiasts. Is it slower than a fiberglass purpose built sports car when you start doing hp ricer calculations? Yes.
    Last edited by ChiSVT; 11-29-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast