Why isn't the mecum auto auction going to be televised anymore?

AFTER KC, it's not going to be on TV anymore. I've been looking online and couldn't find any info. What's the deal here?
    Last edited by Camaro_94; 12-07-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    2014 GT500
    2014 Raptor
    2013 WRX

--------------------------------------------------
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...o-get-me-fired
    --------------------------------------------------

I watched it yesterday on Velocity. Is that the last one?
    Last edited by VegasMichael; 12-07-2013 at 06:14 PM.

My DVR is recording the Kansas City auction right now.
    96 Cobra. Laser Red/Tan. #2763. 1.5 Kenne Bell, IMRC Deletes, 42 lb Injectors, 255 Fuel Pump, Pro-M 80mm Mass Air, BBK Catted X-Pipe and Flowmasters. Tuned by Speedy Dyno

After Kansas City they won't televise it anymore. Sorry. Should have been more specific.

i thought they were moving networks? maybe it wasnt generating enough income.

Ground Control Coilovers
    Forgestar CF10, 265/35/19F, 295/30/20R, Michelin PSS

Maybe the super loudmouth auctioneer drove the fans away. That guy is more than I could stand.

I watched the local auction just a week or two ago. Nice cars but I really can't stand "that guy"

Aerodynamics is for people that who don't know how to build engines.
    ~Enzo Ferrari

"The Presidency
    Too much job,
    Not enough man"
    ~Me

It is on now on Velocity. EST via DirecTV.

b/c its boring as **** probably. I LOVE cars seriously and I have been to many many car auctions and to watch it on TV makes me want to put a pair of scissors in my eyes. They should have made the show a Hr long and pick like say 10 cars that are cool or overly expensive and focused on them with maybe 15mins of the auction of other random cars. they should show a 1hr clip no more than 2 in a row MAX and no more than 3 per day. Honestly if they wouldnt flood the channel with 10hrs strait of mecum or barret jackson it would last longer and not annoy as many. again I love cars and i would go to a auction any day but its diffrent when you go to a auction vs seeing it on TV for 10hrs strait. chasing classic cars is starting to piss me off too. being on nights sucks in this aspect lol.
    Last edited by five.slow; 12-07-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    --2014 race red auto 5.0 "the slut", K&N filter (adds 300RWHP!!!) flowmaster mufflers, BBK cat deletes, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard, Maximum Motorsports CC plates, zr downforce wheels. AED tuned.

-- 11 5.0 mt82...gone and I dont care MT82 FTMFL
    -- 01 lightning #5935...gone but not forgotten

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. BUT SOMETIMES THE REASON IS THAT YOU'RE STUPID AND YOU MAKE BAD DECISIONS!!!

Crazy SVT Poster
    Moving to Esquire and NBC Sports Network
    2013 DIB/301a/Brembo/Recaro/A6

Because they named it "Me cum"

'nuff said,

2010 Fusion SE | 6spd Auto | Stock-ish as hell | The DD | 8K HIDs |

2003 Redfire Cobra | 448wp/435wtq | 2.93" Upper / Stock Lower | bunch of other stuff | SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    The cosmos is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way, for the cosmos, to know itself.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas91169 View Post
    Because they named it "Me cum"

'nuff said,
    Lol

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
    b/c its boring as **** probably. I LOVE cars seriously and I have been to many many car auctions and to watch it on TV makes me want to put a pair of scissors in my eyes. They should have made the show a Hr long and pick like say 10 cars that are cool or overly expensive and focused on them with maybe 15mins of the auction of other random cars. they should show a 1hr clip no more than 2 in a row MAX and no more than 3 per day. Honestly if they wouldnt flood the channel with 10hrs strait of mecum or barret jackson it would last longer and not annoy as many. again I love cars and i would go to a auction any day but its diffrent when you go to a auction vs seeing it on TV for 10hrs strait. chasing classic cars is starting to piss me off too. being on nights sucks in this aspect lol.
    THIS!!! And, at least in my neck of the woods, Speedchannel es no mas!!! I actually do miss it; they often had good cars shows, races, all sorts of interesting car, boat, motorcycle, etc...stuff to watch.
    LAST DYNO 473 RWHP/480 LBS TORQUE
    LAST TRACK TIME 12.28 @113
    NOS DYNO 538 RWHP/577 LBS TORQUE
    NOS TRACK 12.004 @ 120
    BORN ON 3/11/03
    #2841 OF 5082
    Sig pic removed by SVTP Staff. Shrink it.

SVT God
    Quote Originally Posted by 01GTB View Post
    Moving to Esquire and NBC Sports Network
    This. They announced tonight that it was moving to NBC Sports, didn't hear them say anything about Esquire. I watch the re-runs during the day while working, hope those continue on Velocity.
    2004 Torch Red Cobra Vert
    Chassis: Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Kenny Brown SFCs/Matrix Braces/Jacking Rails, Kenny Brown Camber Plus Plates, Kenny Brown IRS Brace/Bushings, Billetflow Diff Brace, Autopower 4pt Chrome Roll Bar.
    Motor: Metco 10" Filter kit, SCT 2400 MAF, Billetflow 2.76/100mm Idler, UPR 90mm pulley set, SLP X-pipe w/cats, Magnaflow Catback. Tuned on 93 octane w/ Predator by Speed Inc: 459rwhp/474rwtq SAE

I Spend car money on guns bdcardinal's Avatar
    Premium Member
    +1 I love cars too, but I got so tired of seeing the Speed Channel listings being nothing but Barrett Jackson. I would love to watch one of those auctions and not have to see 30 billion hemi Cudas cross the stand and each one is a 1 of 1.
    2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
    2004 Volvo S60R 6 speed (sold)
    1995 Mustang GT 5 speed

Ford Master Certified Parts Counterperson

Premium Member
    I tend to agree with the "it's just too long a telecast" feeling. And all that coverage cost money. I would much rather see maybe a 2-hour compressed summary of the Mecum auction(s), or Barrett Jackson. Multi-hour segments for three days is overkill for the majority. If it doesn't get televised at all, I will miss it, for sure. I love Mecum because of all the great muscle cars they auction off.

Because it's boring as hell. I like the cars and all but the guys are annoying and the auctioneers are retarded sounding. It's tolerable on mute.

I was watching the Mecum auction for a few minutes and heard them say "the last one," and I just assumed they meant the last one of the year lol.

As far as the barrage of Barrett-Jackson coverage on Speed, I didn't mind it at all. December/January isn't exactly a hotbed month for motorsports, so it's not like they're missing out on alot of other stuff. I like seeing alot of cars, as opposed to a condensed 2-3 hour summary. I love sitting with my father in law and grandfather in law and watching, and listening to them reminisce about cars they used to have.
    Derrick
    Black 1987 Mustang LX 5.0 - pretty much stock, currently restoring
    Comp Orange 2004 Mustang GT - pretty much stock, Coyote swap in the future
    Past: bolt-on 2006 Mustang GT, built 2000 SVT Lightning

I like watching all the auctions. I would bet they weren't pulling the ratings that the network wanted, either that, or they couldn't work a $ deal.

I wish they were never on TV. None of them. One of the reasons everyone thinks their rust bucket sitting in the woods is a piece of gold
    "lifes too short to not do the things you really want to do"

Premium Member
    Oh, I enjoy the Barrett Jackson Scottsdale coverage in January, but 6 hours straight is a bit much each day, at least for me. The over abundance of commentary and drama just gets a bit annoying. A little commentary is great. My solution is to record it to my DVR and then use FF to skip all the extraneous stuff I care nothing about. Which means about 1 1/2 hours of actual viewing. I do pretty much the same thing for Mecum, although I honestly skip less with the Mecum auctions.

I have to say that the camera coverage of Mecum is much better than BJ. With BJ the lazy cameraman on stage won't lift the camera to see inside the car or the engine bay well. All you see are hub caps and rocker panels....annoying to say the least.... The loud Mecum auctioneer is annoying as he'll too
    Jack

68 Lime Gold Shelby GT500 KR
    13 Deep Impact Blue Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Blackness03 View Post
    I wish they were never on TV. None of them. One of the reasons everyone thinks their rust bucket sitting in the woods is a piece of gold
    You'll get that regardless. They can ask what they want but it wont sell. Ive seen people trying to get $17-20k for high milage LS1 fbodies.

Anyone see the stock 08 GT500 sell for close to $50k with average miles at mecum?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro_94 View Post
    You'll get that regardless. They can ask what they want but it wont sell. Ive seen people trying to get $17-20k for high milage LS1 fbodies.

Anyone see the stock 08 GT500 sell for close to $50k with average miles at mecum?
    Wow, really? There was nothing unique or special about the car, or the auction (ie. charity) ?

126lbs of Whoop Ass Sinister04L's Avatar
    Premium Member
    It gets boring on TV, but actually going to the Mecum auction is fun. Went there with a friend who was looking for a car the last time it came through Houston and the amount of awesome cars there was ridiculous. Better than any car show.