Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Crazy SVT Poster

2015 GT350 Mustang Confirmed????????!!!!

So I just went to order 2015 promo stuff, they list all 2015 models for vehicle photographs and guess what, there is a Shelby GT350 listed!!!!!!! oh by the way, this is dealer promo stuff so its legit, not a shelby ship thru package

Last edited by jonb347; 12-16-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    2013 Focus -STacy (and yes I thought of that BEFORE everyone else!)
    2007 GT500 Pulley n Tune
    1993 Mod Swap Hatch Project "Jessica"
    1995 GT, 300 hpish DD "Christina"...SOLD
    1968 351w Coupe "Athalia"
    1969 Fastback 408w

I wonder if they will also build a GT500.
    GT500!!!

Crazy SVT Poster
    felice said not at launch

I would think at some point they would build a 500 since the have a 350 already slated.

Wow that's awesome! Let's see it already!
    96 Cobra

2011 Raptor

Both very fun toys

auto x
    Not looking forward to that shelby name markup

Crazy SVT Poster
    Agreed^^

Crazy SVT Poster
    if its on this page its an official ford thing like the gt500, not a las vegas ship thru

Not really a Shelby Mustang fan. I like the new GT500 because they are fast and everything but I'd rather them just call it Mustang Cobra which is pretty much what it is being SVT's Mustang.

Going back to the 60's I just never thought that Shelby Mustangs looked all that good. I think Mach 1's and Boss Mustangs were noticeably better looking cars. What would be even better idea than trying to be nestalgic with it is if they were to introduce it as a new model name all together so that way you wouldn't have to deal with the crappy Shelby color options, strips, ugly Shelby badge on the trunk, etc. You wouldn't have to force the car to try to look like a modern day Shelby from the 60's.
    Last edited by Jroc; 12-16-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Black 03 Lightning
    # 854 of 4270
    Born 1/9/03

Few little mods: Flowmaster exhaust, BroncoBeater Panhard Bar, Hydroboost setup, Hellwigs anti-swaybars F/R, Punisher VB, Stifflers X-Brace.

SB 03 Cobra(RIP)

88 Mustang GT with wrecked 03 Cobras drivetrain in the works. Will hopefully be complete some time this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jroc View Post
    Not really a Shelby Mustang fan. I like the new GT500 because they are fast and everything but I'd rather them just call it Mustang Cobra which is pretty much what it is being SVT's Mustang.

Going back to the 60's I just never thought that Shelby Mustangs looked all that good. I think Mach 1's and Boss Mustangs were noticeably better looking cars. What would be even better idea than trying to be nestalgic with it is if they were to introduce it as a new model name all together so that way you wouldn't have to deal with the crappy Shelby color options, strips, ugly Shelby badge on the trunk, etc. You wouldn't have to force the car to try to look like a modern day Shelby from the 60's.
    agree 100%
    I thought ford was moving away from the retro thing. I also don't think its a good idea to have a gt350 unless its released along side of the gt500. we all know what the gt350 represents, but the majority will just think the smaller number (350) will represent a watered down version of the gt500, as this is how most auto manufactures name there vehicles.

I am really hoping for the Cobra name to make it's way back on the scene.And I really, really hope Ford is not planning to make us wait a couple more years to replace the 662hp powerhouse, cause I doubt it will be this gt350.
    Current car 03 Cobra Coupe Teksid 20 over, MMR/Manley pistons, 03 heads, bronze guides, 9 threads, comp valve job, head studs, Perma Torque, ported Eaton(for now), 2.76/4lb, 60lb injectors, twin gt pumps, slot style maf, fidanza alum flywheel, Spec 2+, MM cc plates, MM coilovers, Tokico D-Specs, NT05R's

Procharged 99 Cobra Vert: sold
    00 Gt owned 1 day blew motor: sold
    87 Gt: sold
    95 Cobra built motor nitrous: sold
    89 Saleen #580 S-Trim: sold
    92 LX hatch: sold

Crazy SVT Poster
    I like the Shelby name on the GT500s. Carroll did a lot for the Ford brand the past 50 years. Why all the dissing of Shelby?
    '92 Probe, full-tube chassis
    572 Keith Craft BBF
    9.06 sec. @ 152 MPH

2011 Shelby GT500 Mustang SOLD
    Non-SVTPP
    VMP modded and tuned
    714 RWHP
    'Drag Racing' mods to suspension & driveline are upcoming......
    10.83 @ 130.8; density altitude 2990 feet

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
    I like the Shelby name on the GT500s. Carroll did a lot for the Ford brand the past 50 years. Why all the dissing of Shelby?
    I don't dislike the Shelby name at all. I just think Cobra fits better for the new design. And I disagree with selling a gt350 without a gt500 offered at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jonb347 View Post
    So I just went to order 2015 promo stuff, they list all 2015 models for vehicle photographs and guess what, there is a Shelby GT350 listed!!!!!!! oh by the way, this is dealer promo stuff so its legit, not a shelby ship thru package

Did you order us a pic?

Crazy SVT Poster
    i did actually, but they don't ship til april. as far as gt350 and gt500 I think they will do exactly as they did originally. the 350 will be a track car, a boss-smokin high revving track car, then the gt500 will be a powerhouse when it arrives in 16 or 17

i did actually, but they don't ship til april. as far as gt350 and gt500 I think they will do exactly as they did originally. the 350 will be a track car, a boss-smokin high revving track car, then the gt500 will be a powerhouse when it arrives in 16 or 17
    This.. for the majority of loyal mustangers the gt350 reps a car that could dominate a track. The 500 was the straight liner. I hope they make a 350 and it's a beast on the track. With there successes with the boss program there is no doubt they have til he talent to put out something really stout.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTPete83 View Post
    This.. for the majority of loyal mustangers the gt350 reps a car that could dominate a track. The 500 was the straight liner. I hope they make a 350 and it's a beast on the track. With there successes with the boss program there is no doubt they have til he talent to put out something really stout.
    ford said that the GT will surpass the boss on the track, can't imagine a track variant. goodbye z28

Posting from The Shadow's Ninjak's Avatar
    Also this could be it:

The Shelby GT350 was known as such, as it was the track car...The R version. It could be the GT500 will be the Cobra again, or something else all together. It makes no difference to me if they keep the Shelby name there. I like it. If they change it back to Cobra, that will be fine as well.
    click links !

11 GT500 PP RaceRed w/ White Stripes. Roxxy The Red Reaper
    TTVS/w BPS Elbow, 2.4 pulley /w Shelby 90 Tens/Idler, AR 1-7/8 Longtubes HFC 3X-pipe, Corsa Catback, BPS 73TB, 123 CJ Inlet, 123 CJ MAF, Shaftemaster DS, Mcleod RXT, Steeda H/E, Steeda LCA, MGW Shift, Invo's 275/19 / 315/20 Tuned by Bill Miller @ Pro Edge Tuning

Premium Member
    Was hoping it would just be called GT350 and not carry the Shelby name, its just not the same anymore now that he is dead.
    14 GT500
    -Revan 13-6

The Mustang GT is missing from this menu. See how they have the different Focus models listed? I think Ford made a typo and labeled the button for the Mustang GT as a Shelby GT350 by mistake or to troll us.

They've already announced the '15 Mustang line-up and no GT350, Boss, Mach 1, GT500.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
    www.impactweaponscomponents.com

'14 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Oxford White/Blue, SVTPP, SVTTP, Recaros, Electronics Pkg, Shaker Pro & Cover

Crazy SVT Poster
    actually usually with this type of thing they only list one model for a line. a focus st is totally different than a focus, its an euivalent of an SVT variant. seperating a gt and a v6 would be like seperating a focus se and titanium.

and the full lineup is not revealed, I have confrimation there will be a niche line avaliable at launch and it will not be a gt500, so gt350 makes sense

Crazy SVT Poster
    also check this out. both shelby and raptor are on the 2015 MY body code chart. not sure how to attach pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
    Because he didn't engineer a single thing on the 2007+ GT500. Ford did...

For those that don't know, Ford owns the Moniker "GT350" due to a class action law suit from the mid 80's Where they put a "shelby'esque" GT350 sticker package on a fox body. Carrol Shelby sued Ford for the use of his nomenclature which he then lost as he did not have it copyrighted, sensing it would come to this ford preemptively copyrighted and licensed GT350 as their own, so essentially they stole this from Shelby, which is what lead to fallout between the direct relationship between the two until the mid 2000's the time between this Carroll went on to work with MOPAR building the Shelby Daytona and Dakota's and then moved on to co-design the Viper.

Shelby '14 GT500's are and will be the last production vehicle baring his name now that he's passed on. '13/'14 had already been contracted and approved. Shelby American will still operate but only as an aftermarket company. This is per the Shelby family themselves VIA a speech that took place at the Mid-America Shelby meet which has taken place in Tulsa the last 30 years. Which, I'd had the chance to meet Carroll several times.

That being said, there will never be another GT500 & and any new GT350 will never be a Shelby hence why the Shelby GT's and GT-H's were called just that. Though in 2011 Shelby did offer an post-production GT350 upgrade package to 2011 GT's. Which he had to get permission from ford as it was the 45 year anniversary.

Hope this clears some things up.
    Last edited by kcsvt94l; 12-17-2013 at 04:57 PM.

AEDTuned on the corn, Ported Cobra Jet Intake, Custom CAI, SCJ Monoblade TB, 47# Injectors, H&R Super Sports,Tokico D-Specs, LCA, UCA. PHB
    WWW.AEDHP.COM
    2011 SHO Taurus (wifes car)
    Faster than 5.Slow.

Quote Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
    Because he didn't engineer a single thing on the 2007+ GT500. Ford did...
    Are you crazy ?

#1. He no longer needed to engineer a damn thing. They man did more for American motorsports than anyone else in history.

#2. He most certainly oversaw the project design, and drove every prototype he put his name on which, the projects weren't competed without "HIS" approval. So while he personally didn't engineer the vehicle, he still was very involved in the projects.

Let's also point out that Mustangs wouldn't still exist it wasn't for him, and neither would your Viper.

I'm a huge Shelby fan, but I really wish they would drop the Shelby name since he is dead. He isn't overseeing any of the projects anymore. They should just call it the SVT Cobra.
    "But first I beg the losers not to be vexed with me. I am only a human being, liable to make the stupidest mistakes." - Paris the Trojan

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." - Nietzsche

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast