The GTO...

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
So, I have recently been wondering why there's no GTO's around - I never see ANY at all. Anyways, I'm bored so I decide to go on Pontiac Canada's website to check out pricing, performance figures, etc... see how it measures up, and what do you know?
There's no GTO in the Canadian lineup.
So, seems I won't be seeing a GTO for a little while.
One word. yay.
I don't care for them. Look too bland.
Anyways, interesting
"So we have this new sports car, Canada you want it?"
And lo and behold, Pontiac Canada was smart enough to say no, we see no benefits of this car.
They made a good choice, looking at the lackluster sales in the US, and considering far fewer cars are sold up here in Canada...

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
You're not missing anything. I've seen two and I wanted to kick them both times. I just saw my first mystichrome cobra about 10 minutes ago. And that paint looks clean. Much smoother then Fords other paintjobs. Even the one on the Ford GT we had up here looked like it had overspray.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
yeah, I have seen the paint on the mystichrome - Very well done, I was extremely impressed. IMHO, if you like mystichrome, and you like the interior accents, it's worth paying the extra initial cost, just for the quality of paint if nothing else

RedlineNSX

Banned
i dont know what they were thinking when the settled on that design for the gto. the gto is an icon muscle car and they turned into a compact car. its doesnt even have dual exhaust!!!! they have power potential but its too bad its in a very bland box.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
RedlineNSX said:
i dont know what they were thinking when the settled on that design for the gto. the gto is an icon muscle car and they turned into a compact car. its doesnt even have dual exhaust!!!! they have power potential but its too bad its in a very bland box.

No GM's have real dual exhaust from the factory. They're all Y-pipes with a double outlet muffler.

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
gto's sound badass IMO... but GM definitely needs to do something different. They remind me of Grand Prix's... and they aren't usually cool :burn: Sorry GP owners... lol

Last edited:

SVTCobra306

Established Member
A guy here has a purple one. I've ridden in it a few times. I have to say, I like it. Kinda bland from the factory, but when we're done with it it'll be pretty cool-cowl or ram air hood, and we're thinking about seeing how the new 17" Cragar S/S wheels will look on her...

Oh, and of course it's getting a Weiand intake and an ATI ProCharger.....

IMO if it's really fast it's cool, but that's me.. I also happen to be an AMC fan...

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Last year they only had a single exit exhaust on the driver's side. This year, it got the 6.0, and dual exit exhaust.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
You know, it just has so many compromises, it hurts the car.
No trunk space because of a new gas tank (while aussies have a dangerous one), it looks a bit bland - and the price is just too high
That's the really sticky issue - you pay for the engine, and well, that's it. the rest of the car is just a delivery system.
It is dissapointing, it needs a redesign from scratch.
I mean, let's face it, it's going to flop for sure.
Too bad, because it seems like a cool idea.
I say GM needs to step back, ditch the GTO, and put the new C6 engine in the Monte Carlo.
Then, price the monte carlo appropriately, it's a bit much for a upercharged 3.8L V6 as it is now...

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
EvergreenSVT said:
Why the Monte Carlo? It looks like ass and its FWD anyway.

Agreed. That has got to be one of the ugliest cars on the road today. Man I miss the WS6!

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
actually it did have duel exhaust in the 04 model year, come one people just cause they come out next 2 each other does not mean its single exhuast. If you dont believe me go to newagegto.com and post a question there.

IDAREU

Banned
Lightning Kid said:
actually it did have duel exhaust in the 04 model year, come one people just cause they come out next 2 each other does not mean its single exhuast. If you dont believe me go to newagegto.com and post a question there.

That is 100% correct. I have been under my car while it was on a lift, the 04 Gto does have dual exhaust. It just croses over and exits on the same side.

Users who are viewing this thread