powertrain2a_16_250.jpg

chassis3_45_250.jpg

chassis4_34_250.jpg

exterior_callout1_510.jpg

exterior_callout2_510.jpg

exterior7_13_250.jpg

interior1a_37_250.jpg

environment2_14_250.jpg

http://media.ford.com/products/presskit_display.cfm?vehicle_id=1269&press_section_id=398&make_id=92

Note what it says about the HP rating: MORE THAN 450

TheRod1976

Blue - The Fastest Color
Established Member
ENGINE
Type V-8

Manufacturing location Romeo, Michigan

Configuration Iron Block and Aluminum Heads

Intake manifold Cast-aluminum with screw-type supercharger and air-to-water intercooler

Exhaust manifold Cast iron

Crankshaft Forged steel

Throttle body Dual 55 mm, electronic

Valvetrain DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder

Valve diameter Intake: 37.0 mm
Exhaust: 32.0 mm

Pistons Forged aluminum

Connecting rods Cracked forged steel I-beams

Ignition Coil-on-plug

Bore x stroke 3.552 x 4.165 in. / 90.22 x 105.8 mm

Displacement 330 cu. in. / 5,409 cc

Horsepower More than 450

Torque 450 lb.-ft

04Marauder

Established Member
Came up huge for us Merlin. Excellent work. I'm not in love with the body style either, but I'd bet its still a hell of a car.

"With the stout cast-iron, 5.4-liter Triton V-8 engine as a starting point, the Shelby Cobra GT500 adds a screw-type 8.5-pounds-per-square-inch supercharger and water-to-air intercooler.

But, adding forced-induction power is more than just a bolt-on proposition. The engine's internals need upgrading for the sake of strength and durability. To that end, the Shelby Cobra GT500's powerplant benefits from unique connecting rods and forged pistons to handle the extra strain on the lower end of the block.

An all-new intake manifold helps to efficiently channel the supercharged fuel-air mixture into the cylinders. The low-profile manifold design also effectively packages the entire induction system under the GT500's special air-extraction hood. Fuel comes from a dual-bore electronic throttle body borrowed from Ford's 6.8-liter truck engine program. To manage heat produced by more than 450 horses, a larger radiator and increased-capacity cooling system also are installed.

Aluminum, high-performance Ford GT heads tout "Powered by SVT"

Last edited:

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
I want it, I want it, I want it.

Good Job SVT now just make sure you get it to us just like this.

That thing is gonna rape everything on the road with exhaust, pulley and a tune.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Looks like I was Right! All along! Everything I said was true. Right down to the SVT center caps.Someone owes me a nickel!

Tim

Last edited:

sjw985

Established Member
I generally like it. Nice powertrain, and I'm sure that unless it put on alot of weight it will kill a stock or lightly modded Terminator at the drag strip. Probably would respond VERY well to a pulley. That being said, I don't think I'd get rid of my '03 to get it. I'm disappointed by the solid axle, and I REALLY don't like the offset cobra emblem. I guess I'll have to wait and see how the production model turns out. I might be in the market for the '08 but definitely not the '07.

Thanks for the info!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Finally we get the info from Ford. The car is better than I feared but not as nice as I had hoped. With the Shelby name, you can crank the price up some. I'm thinking just under $40,000. Anyone hear of any price estimates yet?

nuxx

Established Member
Just not a fan of the whole retro thing, mabye because I'm only 24...

Maybe Ford will get out of the retro design for the next generation Mustang :(

Anybody think about how this car will have 0 traction? 255 instead of 275 series tires, also 19" wheels...

255 + 19" = 0 traction

Also, no IRS?!?! What is Ford thinking, I know it will cost $70 million to develop... but no IRS... ugh
-Peter

Last edited:

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
flyn high again said:
Finally we get the info from Ford. The car is better than I feared but not as nice as I had hoped. With the Shelby name, you can crank the price up some. I'm thinking just under $40,000. Anyone hear of any price estimates yet?

$40k? I clearly remember when the 03 cars came out that many market adjutsments ranged from 5k-15k. With the Shelby name and a production run of 7500 units along with Ford Fanatic buyer frenzy you'll be very lucky to get one for less than 50k.

Good Luck!

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
nuxx said:
Just not a fan of the whole retro thing, mabye because I'm only 24...

Maybe Ford will get out of the retro design for the next generation Mustang :(

Anybody think about how this car will have 0 traction? 255 instead of 275 series tires, also 19" wheels...

255 + 19" = 0 traction

Also, no IRS?!?! What is Ford thinking, I know it will cost $70 million to develop... but no IRS... ugh
-Peter

Those same non-IRS rear ends beat BMW's latest M3's at the races...

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
roushraven said:
$40k? I clearly remember when the 03 cars came out that many market adjutsments ranged from 5k-15k. With the Shelby name and a production run of 7500 units along with Ford Fanatic buyer frenzy you'll be very lucky to get one for less than 50k.

Good Luck!

I know what you are saying. I mean list not adjusted pricing. Dealers will surely crank the price up when the first ones come out.

I wonder why the media info says 2005 Shelby Cobra GT 500?

First mod to these should be wider tires.... 255s on 9 1/2" wheels makes no sense...

Users who are viewing this thread