Saw a new GT500 today on my way to work took some pics.

v604mustangjoe

Established Member
here are some pics, i was driving down 275 on my way to work and saw what i first thought was just another 05 red gt vert , as i got closer i saw the snake on the side and the white stripes and GT 500 emblem.

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

yea i know its not out yet, but i live within 40 mins of fords world head quarters and dearborn test area.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Nice find dude. Way to go on the picture taking while driving...that is very difficult to do.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Maybe a clone? or possible testing still...minor tweakings? You do live in Michigan so it could be final tweakings of the car, but i didnt know it came as a vert too :shrug: Very good find

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
I'm surprised nobody has said CONVERTIBLE :pepper: yet. Nice catch bro, keep up the good work.

Edit: Sorry Black96SVT, you mentioned vert in your post. My bad.

Last edited:

v604mustangjoe

Established Member
yea i live in michigan. This was taken about 20 mins from fords headquarters in the suburbs of detroit. It was an M plate car (means it was a test car for ford). the liscense plates have an M in them and at the bottom says "manufacturer plate". I've seen a lot of these cars on the road, i saw a lincoln zephyr yesterday. got pics of that too, but thats not as cool as this!

Diggy Moe

Established Member
After seeing these pics,I believe they are going make more than 7500.I can see 7500 coups about another 2300 for verts.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
v604,

Nice find. Notice any important details? What did the hood vents look like. In that side view they lookk like plastic inserts. In the front view they look like they face forward.

I think those are the 18in prod wheels. They look like a taller sidewall than the concept has.

v604mustangjoe

Established Member
well some people are saying they think its some dude who took a gt vert and through cobra badges on it, but it had the ford manufacturer liscense plate on it, and the common ford id tags on the rear windshield of the car that you see on test cars.

I do see a lot of things that dont match the concept model, but dont they always change things around?

v604mustangjoe

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
v604,

Nice find. Notice any important details? What did the hood vents look like. In that side view they lookk like plastic inserts. In the front view they look like they face forward.

I think those are the 18in prod wheels. They look like a taller sidewall than the concept has.

yea sorry i didnt get to truly look over the car that well, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing right before i got off the exit on my way to work. I just happend to have my camera with me and shot some pics. All i did notice was it looked like the cobra, first thing that came to mind was body kit, but then i saw the manufacturer liscense plate and yellow ID number on the rear windshield.

v604mustangjoe

Established Member
Black96SVT said:
Maybe a clone? or possible testing still...minor tweakings? You do live in Michigan so it could be final tweakings of the car, but i didnt know it came as a vert too :shrug: Very good find

i first saw an 05 GT way back in september of 2004 on the road in toledo ohio (near the michigan boarder) on my way on a road trip. I then saw a GT convertible in october, it was in some weird off white color and cream top. I saw the convertible before i think pics of it were ever released.

i've also seen my share of Ford GTs because i live about 2 miles from the Wixom Assembly plant where they build those as well as the t-bird, ls, and town car.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Damn! Why didn't I know this thing existed, and why haven't I been in it yet! Good photo action dude...wonder where it was on it's way to? Not much out there for that car to be doing(i live in Novi too, but if I put that as my location, people would be like WTF is a novi? lol). Probably somebody takin it home for the day.

Definitely looks good as a vert too. :beer:

arboc_r

the hood may be getting closer to production spec - as it looks slightly different than the coupe concept, and the rear fascia is standard GT fare

nice catch BTW :beer:

Manatee

Established Member
Great catch!
Hmmm, I don't see "SHELBY" or stripes on the rear facia.

I guess the important test for this mule would be the powertrain and the convertible top features.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread