I washed my car with Peanut Butter...(Pics)

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Ok my mirrors and windshield wiper cover were oxidized, faded, and ugly. I was about to go get some Back to Black to restore them. But then somebody on this site (68Stang and SVT2122) said to use a little peanut butter (because of the oils in it). So I decided to do it and I LOVED the turnout. :rockon:

By the way I used JIF Peanut Butter :banana:

Here are the steps.

1) Wash plastic piece with soap and water. Such as mirror, windshied wiper cover, etc, etc. Dont do this to painted things, as the oils could eat away at the clearcoat.

2) Let is naturally dry

3) Then spread some Smooth or Creamy Peanut Butter on surface

4) Let it sit for 10-15min

5) Wipe it off with a regular towel. (You can lick it if you want :beer: )

6) Then be amazed.

Here are some pics of some before and after and during.

I dont have any before pics of the mirrors, but they looked just as bad as the windshield wiper cover.

Winshield Wiper Cover before

The Left side is untouched, while the right right side has been peanut buttered

The final product

Last edited:

SVT2122

Established Member
I know i've mentioned peanut butter, but was never positive on how it would turn out. I guess now I can use this thread as my proof. That came out alot better than any back to black I've seen.

Btw I've read it somewhere that if you get some tar on your car, if you add some peanut butter on it like you did, the tar will whipe right off with it. I got some on my bumper so Im gonna give it a try tonight, I've got nothing else to do.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Ilya said:
I'm going to do this.. but I'm not sure if my mirrors/windshield wiper cover is that bad.

Yea my car is DAILY DRIVEN and sits outside 24/7 in every weather condition, so just about every plastic piece needs restoration. I will do the taillights next as the are plastic and not painted like the 96-98's.

fuel

Established Member
you think thats good? put the jelly on your leather, and the bread up your tail pipes for a smooth sound

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
:rockon: WOW DUDE LOOKS GREAT, BUT I HAVE A ? MY TAILLIGHT'S ARE FADED CAN I USE THE BUTTER TO CLEAR THOSE UP? :beer: :beer: :rockon:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I am Amazed! :eek: I have never heard of that one before,and would have though it was a BIG Load of :bs:!!! I'm going to remember this one,it's funny to tell someone to try it, and even funnier when it works!

Users who are viewing this thread