Stop believing the early numbers!

85sTaNg

4eyeFreaK
Established Member
We are always seeing that the new Shelby is only doing high 12's in the 1/4 mile and we just got a thread about it only pulling up 412rwhp on the dyno. Well lets first consider these things:
1. The cars being tested are most likely pre-production Shelby's
2. All of the new Sheldy's have a computer program to automatically break in the engine (a friend from a Ford deal showed me this). The car will not produce its acclaimed 500hp until it has reached a certain number of cold starts and driven miles. After the engine meets its standards, the computer program deletes itself and the power is unleashed.
3. Some people just want to hate on the new Shelby

We won't be able to see what these monsters can really do until the public has them at our local tracks and dynos and we can see for ourselves and believe. My prediction is that a lot of people will have feet in their mouth after some broken-in Shelby's turn low 12's, maybe high 11's with some slicks.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I agree. One thing everyone needs to remember is this is a new car with new controls and computer. There is NOT a lot of knowledge out there regarding how this car can be improved or modded? Look at the learning curve guys went through on the Terminators. This car will be no different IMHO.

Don't get overly excited at ONE dyno run! :idea: Be patient. We will find out soon enough!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I love how everyone bases the cars performance off of one fluke 1/4 mile run.

This is reaching epic proportions

2k1cobra

Established Member
Yea it seems like the spotlight is on the GT500 at all times. Every car forum i visit has atleast 1 thread on the GT500 and its usually just a bunch of haters. I guess this is what happens when theres no camaro/firebird.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
im planning on waiting till we get more tests in(of all different sorts), then compiling them to make my judgement on the car. on paper this thing owns some soul.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
As someone said this will be the ''terminator Terminator''

blown 5.4, solid axel.... Who cares if its pretty or ugly...

redline360

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
I love how everyone bases the cars performance off of one fluke 1/4 mile run.

This is reaching epic proportions

+1

Thast like when cartek couldnt break there new C6 outta the 13's stock. Every1 went nuts over the internet. Same with the gt500

I think it was cartek, its to early to remember

Edit..wow i cant even type or spell

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Established Member
If you guys are talking about that 14.4 run then no sweat.I've personally seen a guy in a pullied cobra run in the 15s.The guy was just burning his tires off through 2 gears.My friend also told me he beat a blown C6 at our speedway in his procharged 05 GT.The guy ran a 14 something with almost 500rwp,so I take this with a grain of salt.

bunk22

Established Member
redline360 said:
+1

Thast like when cartek couldnt break there new C6 outta the 13's stock. Every1 went nuts over the internet. Same with the gt500

I think it was cartek, its to early to remember

Edit..wow i cant even type or spell

Yeah, it was Cartek and they couldn't do better than a 13.2@108 or so. They are the ones that started the whole TM thing which the GT500 could possible have.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
DRK281 said:
As someone said this will be the ''terminator Terminator''

blown 5.4, solid axel.... Who cares if its pretty or ugly...

that last part is what gets me.. they finally got IRS in a Mustang, and when they had a chance to do it right, they didn't even offer IRS in the new generation Mustang..

eci

Banned
85sTaNg said:
We are always seeing that the new Shelby is only doing high 12's in the 1/4 mile and we just got a thread about it only pulling up 412rwhp on the dyno. Well lets first consider these things:
1. The cars being tested are most likely pre-production Shelby's
2. All of the new Sheldy's have a computer program to automatically break in the engine (a friend from a Ford deal showed me this). The car will not produce its acclaimed 500hp until it has reached a certain number of cold starts and driven miles. After the engine meets its standards, the computer program deletes itself and the power is unleashed.
3. Some people just want to hate on the new Shelby

You are complaining about misinformation, then you post more.

1. The car tested on the dyno is an actual production car shipped to its owner, handle "FordGeek", over at stangsunleashed.

2. The new Shelby's do not have a computer program that "automatically breaks in" the engine. They ship in a sort of "protect" mode to prohibit lot jockeys and truck drivers from abusing the car before the owner gets it. Terminators shipped with the same program. The computer has no idea how "broken in" the engine is.

3. Some people are realists and are sick of fanboys claiming this is a 10 second stock car.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
eci said:
3. Some people are realists and are sick of fanboys claiming this is a 10 second stock car.

With the search function down right now it's difficult for me to do any research, but to my knowledge nobody has claimed this car will go 10's stock?!?! :eek:

With MM&FF running the 12.2 or whatever it was, I think some people have said this car will be in the 11's with DR and some light mods? :idea:

You will always have a very small percentage of the mis-informed stating crazy stuff on the internet!? :(

loudpipes

Cheating Death Since '81
Established Member
I expect some big things from this car in the not-so-distant future. This is just like the music world, everyone gets hyped on a band, then there's the backlash, then everyone calms down and is on to the next big thing.

In a month or two, when people are pulleying GT500s, getting great times out them, and solving soft suspensions, everyone will already be speculating about this "6.2 litre" Boss Mustang.

It never ends! haha!

whitecobra2387

Established Member
Gt500

i bet a stock gt 500 will run a 11.8-12.00 depending on the driver, car and driver got a 03 cobra ran 13.3 in the begining when they firts came out and out of no were 03 started doing high 12's when people got them and had time. the article is the one they to compare it to c5 so ooo i also remeber were in the magazine c5 beat the 03, just like c6 is suppose to beat a gt 500 lolololol. i think personaly that car and driver is load of crap.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
if this whole computer detune during break-in period thing is correct, then the owners need to start driving these cars. No more of that, I have had my car for 5 years and only have 500 miles on her. Run em!

85sTaNg

4eyeFreaK
Established Member
eci said:
You are complaining about misinformation, then you post more.

1. The car tested on the dyno is an actual production car shipped to its owner, handle "FordGeek", over at stangsunleashed.

2. The new Shelby's do not have a computer program that "automatically breaks in" the engine. They ship in a sort of "protect" mode to prohibit lot jockeys and truck drivers from abusing the car before the owner gets it. Terminators shipped with the same program. The computer has no idea how "broken in" the engine is.

Someone needs to get the sand out of their vagina because it looks like here is another person who is a Shelby hater and doesn't have a clue how technology has increased in cars. Dumbass.

eci

Banned
85sTaNg said:
Someone needs to get the sand out of their vagina because it looks like here is another person who is a Shelby hater and doesn't have a clue how technology has increased in cars. Dumbass.

I'm the dumbass? I posted facts. I'm not a Shelby hater. I just know how cars work. There isn't a "break in program" on the Shelby, sorry. The engine has no clue how much horsepower it's making.

Care to disprove my assertions? Or can you only flame?

Users who are viewing this thread