Evolution Performance, Inc. GT500 Dyno Results

Evolution

Established Member
Here are the numbers.............

All testing was done on our 1100-SE Mustang Dyno

Completely Bone Stock with 50 Miles on it, 91 Octane from the Dealer, and 95 Degrees out!

419 RWHP @ 5930 RPM and 410 RWTQ @ 4320 RPM (SAE Corrected)

Since we felt the converters were being very restrictive, we decided to fabricate a custom Off-Road X-Pipe System and custom Catback Exhaust system using all mandral bent Stainless Steel Piping! The results were pretty damn good......

437 RWHP @ 6000 RPM and 426 RWTQ @ 4311 RPM still with 91 Octane and 95 Degrees.

So we gained 18 RWHP and 16 RWTQ

We are in the process of installing 4.10 gears, full suspension, complete tune, Slicks and Skinnies in preperation for the NMRA Ford Nationals at Atco Raceway in Atco, NJ this weekend! We will being running in the Modular Muscle class with our Shelby GT500. So if you're in the area stop by.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Very nice numbers from a Mustang dyno. What did you use for HP@50 and the weight? What was the AFR and how much (actual) timing was it running? How much boost pressure did you measure? Can you post the sheets?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Boy you guys are an ambitious lot! :rockon:

Thanks for the report, great job on the tune and good luck at the track!:thumbsup: We'd like a full report! :D

Ever think about turning corners with the car?!? ;-) :poke:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Evolution

Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
Very nice numbers from a Mustang dyno. What did you use for HP@50 and the weight? What was the AFR and how much (actual) timing was it running? How much boost pressure did you measure? Can you post the sheets?

HP@50 was 13.3 and the weight with driver was 4,120 (We used our four corner digital scales) AFR was around 11.0-11.2, Boost was 9 psi, Timing was 10 degrees up top, which is real weak, but that will be taken care of once I tune it!

I'm on a real tight schedule today with the car, so I will try to get more stuff up later!

chuckstang

Established Member
what do you expect power to jump to after the tune.
perhaps with your full exhaust and tune and maybe an intake...could you see over 500?

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I keep telling one of my terminator driving friends that these cars are going to rock. I'm looking forward to the results of the BPU stuff. Any plans on throwing a slightly smaller pulley on there since there seems to be soluitons for tuning already?

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Evolution said:
...Boost was 9 psi, Timing was 10 degrees up top, which is real weak, but that will be taken care of once I tune it!
Similar info to that Tucker posted on MF.com about the car dyno'd at Steen Racing. That car was making 8psi. 10* of timing is nothing.
S.

Evolution

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
You don't have 93 oct. in PA?

We do, but at the Sunoco Gas Stations we have 87 Regular, 89 Mid-Grade, 91 Premium, and 93 Ultra Premium. The Dumbass dealer put 91 Octane in it!

While it's on the lift doing the suspension, we jumped the fuel pump relay and pumped all the 91 octane out! We will have a 3/4 full tank of Sunoco 93 Octane before I tune it later this afternoon!

chuckstang said:
what do you expect power to jump to after the tune.
perhaps with your full exhaust and tune and maybe an intake...could you see over 500?

It is very possible to hit 500 without an intake or pulley change, considering there's only 10 degrees of timing up top, which is really, really conservative!

Each degree of timing is around 7 hp, so with an additional 9 degrees of timing added; it should achieve the 500 RWHP mark without a pulley change!

More to come.........

bubbrubb

Fourcam330 said:
You don't have 93 oct. in PA?
yeah, in pgh they sell 93 octane everywhere and 94 octane at sunoco (I'm not sure about other brands)

I think the 91 octane is what the dealer put in it because, well, its a dealer... and the minimum octane for these cars is 91 isn't it? with only 50 miles the car would still be running on the first tank of gas from the dealer (91 octane)

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Evolution said:
Each degree of timing is around 7 hp, so with an additional 9 degrees of timing added; it should achieve the 500 RWHP mark without a pulley change!

More to come.........
I just got a funny feeling in my pants, like when I climbed the rope in gym class....:D

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
VelociTT said:
yeah, in pgh they sell 93 octane everywhere and 94 octane at sunoco (I'm not sure about other brands)
I don't think Sunoco sells 94-octane anymore, in Pa. or elsewhere.
When I'm in Pitt on business, I usually fill up at a station on Liberty Avenue, last time I noticed that they didn't have 94, and neither do the stations in Jersey.
Just FYI.
Regardless, one octane point is negligible.
S.

loudpipes

Cheating Death Since '81
Established Member
we only have 91 octane available here in NV, so it's good to see it's responding well even with camel piss in the tank :)

Users who are viewing this thread