95 KBGT vs. Neon srt4

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
This is 95KBGT by the way

By buddy just got a 04 SRT4 with a turbo timer and intake, So i had to show him what was up. We went from a 10mph roll, i spun all the way thru 2nd and he missed 3rd and we were nose to nose, is this normal? its a gorgeous car, fun to drive especially with the blow off valve.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
he spun thru 1st and grabbed traction in 2nd whereas i was still spining when he missed 3rd. i have no clue

scorcher2005

USMC
Established Member
heh...u mention a turbo timer as a mod that would make him faster.

Anyways, if you started at 10mph, did you start in 2nd? And since you both messed up, y dont you just run again?

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
we both were in 1st, i didnt technically mess up seeing as i only have traction about 40mph when im racing. i have 245/45/17's on the rear. We are going to go at it again from a 50 roll

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
95KBGT said:
i have 245/45/17's on the rear.

245s are too skinny for a KB'd Mustang.

So what kind of #s are you making?

I still have traction issues even with my fat 315's on the rear.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Sinultros said:
245s are too skinny for a KB'd Mustang.

So what kind of #s are you making?

I still have traction issues even with my fat 315's on the rear.
O GREAT im sure making way more than me and your having problems with one of the biggest tires we can put on our stangs with out mini tubing.

Im making decent numbers compared to bolt on sn95's and fox's. 291HP and 380TQ with an outside temp of 103. I have a stock internal 5.0 :( and having 3.73's dont help ethier, i just dont want to mess up the rear end, thats the last thing i need. its looking like i will be sticking with my 04 gt wheels that are on there (the tires that are on there are the ones that came stock from goodyear) do you recommend 285's?

DOH just saw your sig.

Smokinlx

Established Member
95KBGT said:
O GREAT im sure making way more than me and your having problems with one of the biggest tires we can put on our stangs with out mini tubing.

Im making decent numbers compared to bolt on sn95's and fox's. 291HP and 380TQ with an outside temp of 103. I have a stock internal 5.0 :( and having 3.73's dont help ethier, i just dont want to mess up the rear end, thats the last thing i need. its looking like i will be sticking with my 04 gt wheels that are on there (the tires that are on there are the ones that came stock from goodyear) do you recommend 285's?

DOH just saw your sig.

IMHO drag radial's have to be Your next move. If it's a daily driver then get a set of backup rim's to mount Your drag radial's on and keep Your current set for the winter month's. I would recommend M/T drag radial's. Then You need to swap out those stock head's!

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
291/380 should spank a near stock SRT4. I'm guessing maybe heatsoak hindered you?

I'm using Goodyear GSD3 in the rear. They're street tires, so they wont hook like DRs. hence the reason for my traction issue.

modmayhem88

Established Member
scorcher2005 said:
heh...u mention a turbo timer as a mod that would make him faster.
:lol: I was thinking the same thing...

srt4's are fast but w/o traction they're very beatable. but yea as others have said, I would think the KBGT would win regardless...:shrug:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
;shrug; i was just listing all of the modifications that i knew the car had done thats all.

UPDATE: We raced twice from a 50 roll. First race i had a car and a half on him when he missed 3rd. The 2nd time we raced when i shut down i had 2-4 cars on him. Noslow can verify he was in the srt4

modmayhem88

Established Member
95KBGT said:
;shrug; i was just listing all of the modifications that i knew the car had done thats all.

UPDATE: We raced twice from a 50 roll. First race i had a car and a half on him when he missed 3rd. The 2nd time we raced when i shut down i had 2-4 cars on him. Noslow can verify he was in the srt4

good kill!

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Bout to say... you better kill him.

I've got seat time in 5 + SRT-4s ranging from stock to 500 + hp....

A SRT with just an intake will run a 13.7-13.8 if not slower in the quarter.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Well i got to drive his car, and thats why i chose to race him from that roll. i knew his car pulled hard in that range, and if im going to race him and have that kill i want to know i beat him at his full potential. I guess i need to keep toying with rolls. i found a 50 roll is pretty strong for me but could be better. any ideas. i have 3.73's

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Good Kill man sounds like you got a sweet set-up.

Just an FYI: 40mph is the best spot for a stock turboed neon from a roll. 50mph is way to high in the rpm in 2nd gear. I believe that 40mph is right around 4,000rpms in second. We redline at 6,000 but stock turbos loose power before that. I usually shift at 5,700-5,800 rpms.

Regardless great kill!!

Users who are viewing this thread