11'S Easy

MD03SVT

Established Member
Well after 3 long weeks I went back to the track with my new slicks
(Hoosier 28x10x16) and here are the results 3 runs all in the Hi 11's with the best being 1.754/7.660/11.890/120.93 temp was 60 with a 7mph head wind.
Obviously I was happier than a pig in &%$* but of-course I wanted more so I loaded a SCT tune & took 3 more runs with a best of 1.704/7.496/11.652/122.598.Monday morning in go the 4.10's.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ted:

Congrats on the great times. :rockon: You're obviously a "drag racer" as you seem to run some great times?! :bowdown:

Let me make sure this is clear. Your only mod was the FM axle backs and tires when you ran the 11.89?

Your tune enabled you to run a 11.65? Can you tell us what your RWHP was before and after the tune?

Keep up the awesome work! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

MD03SVT

Established Member
Yup 11.89 on only new slicks & the axel-back which in my opinion didn't really help but I was no longer able to look at those ugly stock exhaust tips.I had the car dynoed (448hp) as I posted in the dyno numbers post last week but did not do any tunig.I used a basic SCT tune from there vantage 3.1 software.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
MD03SVT said:
Yup 11.89 on only new slicks & the axel-back which in my opinion didn't really help but I was no longer able to look at those ugly stock exhaust tips.I had the car dynoed (448hp) as I posted in the dyno numbers post last week but did not do any tunig.I used a basic SCT tune from there vantage 3.1 software.

So you have not dyno'd since the tune?

Playground

Established Member
It was really nice to see you run that Shelby :rockon:
Way the go, buddy :bowdown:

I can wait to next week ;-)
Hope the tempature will be on our side.

Ray

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Excelent times! I agree you sound like a "Racer", you are ringing some good times out of her.:rockon: :beer:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
11s in a basically stock GT500 Vert???? @ 120

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:burnout:

Playground

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
Dem Monreal boys know ow to drive eh ? Tabernac !!!
:lol: :D
And you guy's know how to administrate Olympic’s and Province.
A swap of know how for a few years can maybe a solution?:shrug:
;-)

BTW Ted is a great driver and teacher:read:

Ray

MD03SVT

Established Member
No I didn't have a chance to return to the dyno with my tune.Yes this is a full weight vert 4202# with me aboard.A coupe weighs around 100-115# less so yes it would have been faster about a tenth but I prefer to feel the wind in my hair...this is an inside joke guys cuz I have been shaving my head for the last 10 years.

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
Okay, you are going to have to slow down, my C6 brethern aren't believing this one. I think some of them thought C&D was the end all, be all of performance driving. I broke the news, in a good way of course, but the calculators have been broken out to determine if this speed is possible for a conv GT500. Very impressive times by the way :coolman:

jleews6

Established Member
Great times man. I have been saying all along that these cars will run mid 11s with just tires and some have doubted that it was possible (you know who you are):lol:

For what its worth,my 03 went 11.40 on Nittos at the same MPH as you so I still think there is more in your car. Make sure you stage as shallow as you can. It can be worth up to 1/2 tenth.

Tman

Established Member
Very nice times!:rockon: The thing that amazes me is that they let you run her without the cage! Ive been kicked out of the track a couple of times for running too fast for a vert, even going easy in the first two gears would net me 12.2 on street tires,(michelin pilots) and I could never run her to the full potential.
Is it test/tune days that you run your car on?

MD03SVT

Established Member
Due to a lack of %&$$* our tracks do not inforce many of the rules except the helmet rule.They said they were going to inforce the roll bar rule 3 yrs ago but never did.I did have a rollbar in my 03 & 04 Cobra's & will put one in my shelby over the winter.

Formula51

Established Member
A big congrats man:beer:

I am not sure everyone has really let this sink in yet. That is a sold 11 second run (11.89) in a Convertible with nothing but slicks, decent weather and good driving. Truely impressive.

If you are going to jump in saying it has axle back exhaust, do some reading about the effect axle backs have on Mustang GT's. Assuming that the results are similar, the axle backs are negligable.

Again, congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread