2003 turbo terminator for sale no corners cut

o1fastcobra

Established Member
2003 Turbo Cobra 10K miles +-
Car is meticulously maintained and kept. Obviously has never seen rain or snow. I bought the car as a weekend car. It has never been parked in a parking lot (other then car shows). This car runs drives and sounds like stock. The turbo system was built for street driving in mind. Everything about this car is perfect; the leather looks like new I clean and condition it every time I wash the car, the exterior gets a coat of polish every time I wash the car. If I drive the car I wash it afterwards and put it in the garage under its cover. Anyone who knows me knows I’m kind of a freak about my cars I guess that is why the mileage is so low.

This car has only been to the track 3 times, the times it did make it to the track it was on stock Goodyear tires.

All the work has pretty much been done by www.speedinc.com as some of you know I work there in the summers. The tune was done by Bob Kurgan.

670RWHP @ 15PSI 12 degrees of timing
very conservative tune. plan on running 23psi and should hit well over 800RWHP
MODS
Pro 5.0 shifter
Liberty 26 spline input shaft w/ shim kit
Centerforce 26 spline clutch and PP
McLeod TOB Sleeve
Fidanza AL Flywheel
UPR firewall adjuster

Turbonetics GTS72mm turbo
Speed Inc. Custom turbo kit
Bell intercooler "huge front mount"
Tial wastegate
Turbo XS blow off
Innovative six stage boost controller
K/N 4" cone fileter
Borla 2.5" catback

Atm boost gauge
Custom gauge pod
Atm electric fuel psi gauge

SCT chip
dyno tune by Bob Kurgan
SCT Big Air 2800 MAF

Prothane poly engine mounts

Modified FPDM
60# injectors
Fuel Wire Upgrade
Twin FORD GT fuel pumps
NGK TR6 @ .028

Classic concepts roll bar w/led brake light
Tinted windows
Custom fit car cover
Front grill cobra emblem
Rear "COBRA" SS letters
Ford OEM Chrome with New nitto 555
Ford OEM Chrome with nitto 555r 315 Drag Radials
Autometer Gauge Cluster​

My Write up on the car.....

I left my car in the hands of Speed Inc. obviously I’m not the one building the kit but I did have some input in what I wanted. I wanted was stock ground clearance, good average HP, no coil overs. This is primarily a street driven car with an occasional track visit. I’m shooting for low 700hp range I want quick spool time.

The turbo selection was based off my cubic inches and the fact that the car will remain a six speed. The turbo is a 72mm GTS by Turbonetics. It is a T4 flange, so I always have the option to up the turbo size.

With the request of having stock A arms, no coilovers and stock ground clearance the task in hand began to get more challenging. Speed Inc. has many resources at their fingertips they called PA racing and requested a k-member that would free up some room. Once the K member was in the car, the brainstorming started. Dan (danimal speed Inc tech) knew I did not want to loose A/C or power steering so with that being said he began to design one of the nicest packaged turbo kits I have seen to date.

The design uses the stock cast manifolds. The manifolds connect to crossover tubes that are routed over the K-member on the passenger side and merge in to a T4 flange. FYI, The math was figured out first the area of the two crossover pipes exceeds that of the T4 flange. The Tial waste gate is located just below the turbo and discharges into the down pipe. The down pipe is routed down the driver’s side and also goes over the k-member. The turbo is supported with a steel bracket that bolted to the engine. The cold side was not too bad its all 3” mandrel bent tubing that flows into a huge Bell front mount intercooler. The pre-turbo side is simply a SCT2800 MAF and a k/n filter in the fender with an outerwear. Because the MAF is set up in a draw through just like a stock Cobra we had to install a boost bypass valve that circulates the discharge back into the metered air stream before the turbo. The hot side has been ceramic coated; the cold side has been rattled canned for now. The kit came together very smoothly I didn’t have to relocate much other then the power steering color and lines. Once the oil lines were routed and the innovative boost controller installed it was on the rollers.

I have done a lot of research on the required fuel upgrades for these cars. I have concluded that for a high 600hp to low 700hp car all you need is twin ford GT pumps, Modified FPDM, Fuel Wire Upgrade and some 60lb injectors. I was going to go with a return style but then I got it on the dyno with the pumps in and it was fine.

The car ended up with the max timing being 12.5 degrees and A.F in the safe zone. I know 12.5 degrees of timing isn’t much but I didn’t have the down stream IAT sensor in so once that is in I will see about 13.5-14 degrees of peak timing. We had some problems with the car getting traction; due to the way the car was positioned on the rollers and the way we had it strapped down so there is a little hick up in the graph at the point it losses traction. Next time we have it up there we will strap it down different and will not have that issue. These numbers are through a complete 2.5” Borla catback non bullet style.

The nice thing about the set up is it runs drives and sounds like stock. There is still more tuning to do. But in the short amount of time we had last night we got a lot done. Bob will be back in the future but for now this is the power level we are at.

I drove the car all summer at 10-12# of boost most of the time and boy is it fun. I have put a solid 2k miles on the car since the turbo kit. I haven’t been to the track with it yet but I would say it will be a low 11 high 10 sec car as it sits. I’m very impressed with the overall fitment of this kit. I have seen catback systems that don’t fit as nice as this kit does no rattles, no rubbing, nothing.

[email protected] asking $38,500 obo absolute dream car not a scratch never seen rain or snow.​

Will consider trades plus cash....

pictures

exterior_cobra037.jpg

exterior_cobra036.jpg

exterior_cobra035.jpg

exterior_cobra034.jpg

exterior_cobra033.jpg

exterior_cobra032.jpg

no curb rash on any of the rims..like new
exterior_cobra030.jpg

exterior_cobra029.jpg

exterior_cobra028.jpg

exterior_cobra027.jpg

exterior_cobra025.jpg

exterior_cobra023.jpg

exterior_cobra022.jpg

c6ffb6b5.jpg

c4764b13.jpg

2003cobraturbo002.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

cobraturbo010.jpg

cobraturbo009.jpg

cobraturbo006.jpg

2003cobraturbo020.jpg

2003cobraturbo013.jpg

2003cobraturbo005.jpg

2003cobraturbo004.jpg

2003cobraturbo001.jpg

7ab80c33.jpg

27d843c1.jpg

d0c15d3f.jpg

dfd05fc2.jpg

d87a98cf.jpg

b7764b87.jpg

bc228f56.jpg

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Wow....Nicely done clean car. Thats as sleeper as a Cobra can be. Bet you it surprises a lot of people trying to line up on the street.

o1fastcobra

Established Member
thanks I hate to see it go too....... but have to make the smart choice and sell it. Thinking about getting a notch thow; wont be the cobra but may still be fun to play around with. The rest of the money will go towards school bills and such.

I noticed I left some mods off the list PA K-member, Kenny Brown Matrix sfc, Kenny brown lowering springs. I'm sure mods will come to me as I sit here thinking about the car....

Users who are viewing this thread