Started on the turbo kit finally!

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
So we started on the turbo kit. We are gonna have to use a tubular K-member, BUT, I think we have found a way to bolt it straight onto your factory exhaust manifolds! We've been doing some outside-the-box stuff and I think everybody will be thoroughly pleased. We are shooting for 420rwhp and a lot of torque at only 6 psi, lol. It's gonna be nasty though, that's for sure. I'll have pics up in the next couple days!:coolman: You guys are gonna love how rediculously simple this kit is...

qkslvr221

Established Member
So what other than the fuel pump and k-member will need to be changed out to support this kit @ 6PSI?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Just for testing purposes (before I put the built shortblock in), I'm just gonna run a 255 pump and an FMU (even though I don't advocate FMU's for higher HP). The K-member is pretty much a must though, since the stocker is huge and blocks you from doing anything. I fell that at 6 psi, you'll just need a 255lph pump, and either an FMU or bigger injectors with some tuning. Above that, you'll definately need the injectors and tuning, and probably an additional 255. Regardless, if you just want a cheap street setup for low boost, you won't have to spend much.

qkslvr221

Established Member
Awesome. A good priced turbo kit that needs only 500 bucks in supporting mods will definitely work for me!

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice...

then some forged pistons and rods and the sky is the limit (maybe the trans or rear end :D)

F8tlByte

colorchngnSVT
Established Member
Hey, if it fits on a stock manifold... for those with long tubes already installed, ill the kit still be useable?? sounds great though, mad probs for the hand made mods

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
If you already have LT's, you'll need to get a set of stockers, which many people already have left over from before the LT's.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
RippinSVT said:
We're building it from scratch to sell to you guys on the cheap.:coolman:

Wow. Very cool! As someone above said... Are you going to be doing one for the 5.0?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
We won't be doing a 5.0 kit, we've done them before, but not for market. You can piece together a 5.0 kit for less than $2000, so there's no point for us to make one.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
MuTiLaToR said:
i will definately purchase a kit from you if all is well... what size turbo are you using with it?

I am ultimately gonna use a 76mm Precision derivative, but I'll probably use a T67 or T70 for test purposes. I'll be able to sell them with whatever you want, since we are a Precision dealer.

351inside

Established Member
MOmystic said:
Happens to me everytime. Just got my blower installed....:cuss: Maybe I'll sell my blower and go turbo.

LOL, +1, i just got my blower installed too, but depending on how this kit orks i just might sell it, along wih the longtubes.... LOL

PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED RIPPIN:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread