This is why I don't like other people working on my car

Jroc

Established Member
This is not cool.

I trust the guy I have work on my car, but I'm scared to let Ford or most mechanics work on my car because they think that working on it gives them the right to joy ride it, and they sometime don't respect it because they don't have any of their money or sentiment valve invested in the car, and this can happen.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1924211

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
Damn. That is terrible. I can't believe a man (the owner) that is so irresponsible (letting the employee take the car on a joy ride) could have the sense to own ANY type of business.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
lol @ "please don't post this on any forums" yea, cuz when you total someones hard earned investment because someone was messing around with it, you've earned the right to good customer referalls :kaboom:

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Yep, not cool. :bash::kaboom::poke::fart::fm::burn::nono:

That's why I've never brought my Cobra back to the dealership since I took it home brand new.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
wow...I can't believe how stupid some people are with customer's cars. +1 on not taking my car to dealers. I like to do as much of the work as possible on my car. I simply do not trust leaving my car anywhere

frankin

Established Member
I worry about that all the time. When I purchased mine, I was going to have it shipped. After reading some horror stories like this I decided to fly up to get it and drive it home.
It is a real shame that a business like that, has no respect for another person's property.
I'm taking mine to get tires next week and I'm going to watch them like a hawk.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Well I know who I'm NOT taking my car to when I get stationed in NC. I hope that idiot gets taken for all he's worth....which unfortunately probably won't be much.:bash:

Last edited:

mustangkid05

Established Member
my buddy got a water pump put in his z-28 and when he got it back a day later his clutch broke, and where he got his clutch fixed the mechanic asked him if he had been driving it like a mad man........it was a brand new clutch less then 500 miles

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I really hate to see stories like this, but honestly, shit happens. I own a shop and know about taking responsibility (never had this happen yet), that's why we have insurance. Now, this particular scenario is a little different as the guy was supposedly told he could "take the car home for the weekend", this is a no-brainer. If anyone would be to take the car home, it would only be the owner and after he got permission from the cars' owner. Anyways, I hope this all gets straightened out for the guy.

endless381

Established Member
sue his shop!!!!Thats bout the only thing you can do but he'll probably just end up getting his car payed for minus all the mods he has done to the car unless he had it apraised with all his mods on the car.........thats my guess?????

Users who are viewing this thread