cd3.jpg

cd4.jpg

cd5.jpg

cd6.jpg

cd7.jpg

cd8.jpg

cd9.jpg

cd10.jpg

Seems like everytime a US production spec GTR is tested the trap gets worse.

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
I like how the scores have "trunk space", "rear seat space", and "rebates, and extras"???? Ok, becouse thats what I look at when I buy a supercar.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
What a shit ass review. When you're testing fast cars and you say "Not pretty...a robot seeking more soul...bawling, irrepressible understeer...quiet and antiseptic" about the car that finished first (which is also significantly slower than the other three), chances are nobody is going to take you seriously. Sounds positively boner inducing to me. :rolleyes:

United_115

Established Member
damn that viper looks pretty sweet. I think it looks the best outta all 4 of them, and dodge sure did a good job on the handling of this car.

GTO30272

Established Member
While it was an absolute joke of an article, it is the best thing I have seen in a long time. Where are all the GTR lovers that think this car is the greatest thing since sliced bread? The GTR got DESTROYED in the performance comparison. On the same day, same conditions, and same track, it lost in the quarter mile by SEVEN TENTHS AND 13 MPH to a little 'ole Z06, not even the big bad ZR1. The ACR should have easily been in first or last, depending on if they wanted a track car comparison or a street car comparison. How it managed third is beyond me. I don't even care they gave the GTR first place, which is a joke, but as long as the performance data shows that this car is NOT the end all be all of performance cars like everyone would have you to believe is good enough for me. :beer:

89_demon_lx

Established Member
DAYUM! That ACR is a beast. The ZR1's better watch their rear view mirrors. Now Ford needs to pull something out of their ass quick.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
I like how the scores have "trunk space", "rear seat space", and "rebates, and extras"???? Ok, becouse thats what I look at when I buy a supercar.

I dont look at that either (notice I have a 2008 vette), but, I wouldnt mind if my supercar DID have good rear seat space and a spacious trunk.

Strange how the last 2 GTRs that Car and Driver has tested have been abnormally slow. The First test they did of the GTR, it ran faster than all of these cars (0-60 and 1/4 mile.) I hope it isnt a recurring trend.

United_115

Established Member
DAYUM! That ACR is a beast. The ZR1's better watch their rear view mirrors. Now Ford needs to pull something out of their ass quick.

hmm dunno if youve seen this but this thing owns all:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHno2pka2eY"]YouTube - Ford GTX1[/ame]

BLUBLLS

I dont look at that either (notice I have a 2008 vette), but, I wouldnt mind if my supercar DID have good rear seat space and a spacious trunk.

Strange how the last 2 GTRs that Car and Driver has tested have been abnormally slow. The First test they did of the GTR, it ran faster than all of these cars (0-60 and 1/4 mile.) I hope it isnt a recurring trend.

It's funny that you bring up that FACT about the GTR. I had the Motor trend article comparing the GTR, 911 Turbo, and the M3. The GTR they had for the that test couldn't even come close to their previous test, yet they were sent another car that ran similar #'s to the first. Hmmm...I'm betting that Nissan has been sending ringers the entire time :nono: :rollseyes, and now that the regular joe GTR's are showing up for these tests they aren't performing like what was suspected.

By the way, VIPER FOR THE WIN!!! That thing is downright badass looking, and absolutely destroyed the other cars on the track. I would take that care any day of week over all 3 of the others :rockon:

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
LOL, I started a war over this very article in road side. Bold prediction: ZR1 > ACR 1/4; ACR > ZR1 road course (after seeing this article) Prediction 2: ACR > Spec V (5.5 seconds is a lot to make up, a lot) Take that fanboys :fart:

Users who are viewing this thread