Cobra Mustang IRS Delrin/UHMW/Alum bushing kit w/adj. sway bar links & bumpsteer kit

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Greetings Fellow Stangers:

Congratulations. You've just discovered the finest Mustang Cobra IRS bushing kit available on the market today.

I can tell you two things. #1 If you are changing your car from completely stock to this set-up, you will be astounded at the difference this kit makes. #2 If you've purchased kits from our competitors and were disappointed in them, you will not be disappointed in our kit. We guarantee it.

THE IRS BUSHING SET

Here is a photo of the Delrin Upper Control Arm Bushing set FT 1000 with the inner sleeves showing the Hardcoat anti-wear coating.

newhardcoateducaeo2.jpg

ucaodna4.jpg

The spiral grooves distribute the grease to the inner sleeve.

ucaiddk1.jpg

With proper lubrication you should not be able to wear these out! :-D

This is the newly redesigned Delrin Lower Control Arm Bushing set FT 1100 complete with Hardcoated aluminum inner sleeves and stainless steel shimming washers:
geniilcayf2.jpg

This is the UHMW subframe bushing set FT 1500.

subframebushingscb1.jpg

Here are the new black anodized aluminum FRONT diff mounts FT 1200 that compensate for severe mounting angles:

new%20front%20diff%20set.jpg

And the rear Delrin diff support mount FT 1300:

reardiffsupport.jpg

This is the new combined grease fitting kit FT 1700. It consists of a drill, a tap and eight grease fittings.

gfcombinedkitnq3.jpg

Here is a photo of the 9/16" grade 8 front sub-frame bolts and grade 8 nylock nuts FT 1600:

Here is the breakdown on the kit:

FT 1200 Aluminum Front diff supports w/Aluminum shimming washers to set pinion angle

FT 1300 Delrin Rear Diff support

FT 1500 Complete UHMW IRS Cradle support set

FT 1000 Upper control arm bushings by themselves

FT 1100 Lower control arm bushings by themselves

FT 1700 Combined UCA & LCA grease fitting kit

FT 1600 a pair for 9/16" Grade 8 bolts with nylock nuts and flat washers for the front subframe mounts

FT 5000 for all of the above items.

If you want the Delrin isolated rear diff lowering mount included in your kit, you'd need to order our FT 5001 kit. This is the FT 1401 lowering mount:

New%20lowering%20diff%20support.jpg

This lowering mount works with the new and improved Ford Racing rear cover we now handle. The part number is FT 1350:

Ford%20Racing%20Diff%20Cover.jpg

Here is a photo showing our Delrin isolated rear lowering mount on the Ford Racing diff cover:

New%20lowering%20diff%20support%20on%20Ford%20cover.jpg

Additional optional items available:

FT 2100
OEM bushing removal tools, partial refund upon return

FT 1860 Deluxe bumpsteer/upgraded toe link set

FT 1900 adjustable sway bar end link kit

FT 2000 is the four piece machinist's angle finder set

Pic of removal tools FT 2100:
toolkit.jpg

These removal tools will make this job INFINITELY easier! It is HIGHLY recommended to get the tools.

Our Deluxe bumpsteer and upgraded toe link kit, FT 1860 replaces all of the parts in the OEM toe link. Bumpsteer adjustment can be made at both the inner and outer connection points:

Deluxe%20Toe%20links.jpg

Here is a photo of the four piece machinist angle finder to save you the hassle of tracking one down yourself:
machinistsquareup6.jpg

Here is a photo of the adjustable sway bar end links:

endlink.jpg

Here are some additional informational videos that may help you in the disassembly of your IRS.

SN-95_Videos

Here are some installation photos and tips:

Installation Photos and Tips

Full Tilt Boogie Racing home page

[email protected]

Bruce

PS I don't always have time to check replies to this thread on a constant basis, so if you're hot for parts or an answer, just drop me a PM. (no visitor messages PLEASE!!)

Last updated 5-23-22

Last edited:

mrbill00

Established Member
ac427cobra, I HAVE been following the thread and i would like to order the following:
$50.00 Front diff supports w/shimming washers
$60.00 Rear Diff support
$94.00 Complete UHMW IRS Cradle support set
.....paypal,check, MO? Great job for the IRS folks!!!!! thxs
/\/\answer to bottom question...dick cheney, she'll be alive but stopped in airports

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
mrbill00 said:
ac427cobra, I HAVE been following the thread and i would like to order the following:
$50.00 Front diff supports w/shimming washers
$60.00 Rear Diff support
$94.00 Complete UHMW IRS Cradle support set
.....paypal,check, MO? Great job for the IRS folks!!!!! thxs
/\/\answer to bottom question...dick cheney, she'll be alive but stopped in airports

mrbill:

PM me and we'll get it handled!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I am going to a Level 5 setup later this summer, how importnat is this stuff to have, in other words, will this work really well, really bad, or not make a difference with the Level 5 half shafts?

Thank you.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Juice33 said:
I am going to a Level 5 setup later this summer, how importnat is this stuff to have, in other words, will this work really well, really bad, or not make a difference with the Level 5 half shafts?

Thank you.

I'm not familiar with a Level 5 set-up because I'm a road racer type. Isn't the Level 5 stuff for the straight line guys?

For maximum wheel hop reduction, it is imperative you remove ALL rubber from your IRS including the (cradle) sub-frame, control arms and diff mounts.

Just as a warning, the Aluminum front diff mounts can be a little noisy for a daily driver. The other components will increase NVH to a certian degree but not much. The IRS will feel like a completely different unit when you're done with this set!

Hope that helps?

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I'm not familiar with a Level 5 set-up because I'm a road racer type. Isn't the Level 5 stuff for the straight line guys?

For maximum wheel hop reduction, it is imperative you remove ALL rubber from your IRS including the cradle sub-frame, control arms and diff mounts.

Just as a warning, the Aluminum front diff mounts can be a little noisy for a daily driver. The other components will increase NVH to a certian degree but not much. The IRS will feel like a completely different unit when you're done with this set!

Hope that helps?

It helps, I really like all aspects of racing, I would like to have a versatile enough car to go to the Pocanos, run at auto-x's, and do some dragging too. Maybe I am just dreaming :kaboom: but I wanted to see if these had been shown to work with the level 5 setup. Reducing wheelhop is reducing wheelhop, right?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Juice33 said:
It helps, I really like all aspects of racing, I would like to have a versatile enough car to go to the Pocanos, run at auto-x's, and do some dragging too. Maybe I am just dreaming :kaboom: but I wanted to see if these had been shown to work with the level 5 setup. Reducing wheelhop is reducing wheelhop, right?

If you tell me what a Level 5 set-up is, I can give you an idea of if or how much this set will improve it?

My wheel hop reduced 90% with this set-up. There is still a tiny but but nothing I can't handle? But then again, I don't drag race at all and only drop the hammer occasionally. :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Juice33 said:
The level 5 half shafts here: http://www.driveshaftshop.com/MUSTANGC.V..ivnu

That is what I am looking at, I just don't know how well yours will work with it or clash with it. If they will work with it I am in like Flynt.

Well, if it's just the half shaft they have nothing to do with affecting anything regarding the control arm bushings, diff or cradle mounts.

I have had no durability issues with the Ford '03 halfshaft with the exception of the outer boots. Now that I vent the outer boot on the left side, I don't blow any more boot seals. Granted, I'm a road racer.

The guys that run very high HP straight line cars probably need a heavier halfshaft? I'd like to try a lighter one to tell you the truth! ;-)

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I believe these are lighter, they are stronger though. I could be wrong. How long (or how many) more sets do you have? I am going to research this a little more and I might buy your setup.

Thanks for all the help.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Juice33 said:
I believe these are lighter, they are stronger though. I could be wrong. How long (or how many) more sets do you have? I am going to research this a little more and I might buy your setup.

Thanks for all the help.

I probably have about 10 sets or so, give or take? They have been moving quite regularly.

Let me know!

neckdemon

Established Member
i might be interested in your bushings. if i gave you a deposit and then payed for the balance in a wekk or so would you hold a set for me? or do you have plenty of them in stock?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
neckdemon said:
i might be interested in your bushings. if i gave you a deposit and then payed for the balance in a wekk or so would you hold a set for me? or do you have plenty of them in stock?

There is no problem waiting only a week. They aren't going THAT fast! :-D

neckdemon

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
There is no problem waiting only a week. They aren't going THAT fast! :-D

ok cool. i have a question. did you sell a set like this to a memeber named sbc.cobra? i started a thread asking about "the red pill" and curing the wheel-hop of the irs. and he responded saying he bought a full dlerin set-up from a member. he mentioned it was a memeber with a cobr-r so i'm assuming it might have been you. if that's the case, then you can count me in for a set. only one other question. the aluminum will be pretty harsh for a dialy driven car wouldn't it? would i be better off buying everythin but the aluminum and then getting something that a little better for NVH? or do you offer delrin instead of the aluminum?

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
neckdemon said:
ok cool. i have a question. did you sell a set like this to a memeber named sbc.cobra? i started a thread asking about "the red pill" and curing the wheel-hop of the irs. and he responded saying he bought a full dlerin set-up from a member. he mentioned it was a memeber with a cobr-r so i'm assuming it might have been you. if that's the case, then you can count me in for a set. only one other question. i basically want all the stuff for the irs. are you selling the set-ups for the irs only? i guess that would mean minus the aluminum front diff supports and the front cradle supports? or is all this stuff for the rear? thnx.

Yep, I sold sbc.cobra his set. And yep, that's me! :-D

The complete set (pictured above) includes EVERYTHING for the IRS including aluminum front diff mounts with shimming washers (to set pinion angle) and rear Delrin diff mount replacing the OEM rubber. Upper and lower Delrin control arm bushings and UHMW cradle (sub-frame) mounts. $595.00 plus freight for the complete set.

Let me know if you have any more questions?

Last edited:

neckdemon

Established Member
ok, sorry to be a pain the ass. but you responded before i could finish editing my post. i'm just a littel concerned about the ride quality with the aluminum diff mounts. do you think they will be suitable for a dily driven cobra? or should i go with everything but the aluminum and just substitute them for delrin or urethane? i just don't want to be driving around on a pogo stick. lol.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
neckdemon said:
ok, sorry to be a pain the ass. but you responded before i could finish editing my post. i'm just a littel concerned about the ride quality with the aluminum diff mounts. do you think they will be suitable for a dily driven cobra? or should i go with everything but the aluminum and just substitute them for delrin or urethane? i just don't want to be driving around on a pogo stick. lol.

Ride quality won't change all that drastically. The pogo stick effect was a direct result of the poorly designed and poorly manufactured bushings marketed by the Brand "N" guy. :bash: :burn: Precisely why I decided to get into this to prevent others from the pain I went through.

NVH levels will be raised slightly. The greatest offender IS the front Aluminum diff mounts. If you have a car with full interior it won't be too bad? Back seat and carpet block a lot of the noise.

You have to make a decision what you really want out of your car. A quiet soft cushy ride with wheel hop (like Ford delivered to you) or a raised level of NVH with almost complete cure of the dreaded wheel hop? If you have a stereo, turn it up! ;-) You probably won't notice ANY difference in ride or noise while cranking out some AC/DC?

Bruce

PS In addition to your edited post: I will not make a Delrin front diff mount. Road racers get their diffs too hot (like me running 240-250 almost all the time with a diff cooler!) The Delrin might get too soft at those temps (?) and I just don't want to take any chances on anyone having any probelms.

Let me put it to you this way, put the Aluminum front diff mounts in and if you don't like them, take them out. Those front diff mounts are not that hard to change after the fact.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread