Ftbr bushings a+++

dirtydave289

Established Member
Got the full kit (uca's, lca's, front/rear diff mounts, subframe bushings) installed over the course of a few days. Had to PM Bruce quite a few times due to my own stupidity (I read the directions over and over and STILL managed to miss half of the tips/how-to's). He PM'd me back one night a few minutes after I sent it and it was at least 2AM. Crazy good response time! Definitely a PITA install. I planned on doing it all myself and right as I was about to reinstall the IRS 3 of my buddies came over to check it out. Definitely lucked out because I needed all 3 to get that sucker back in there and bolted up.

Anyway..onto the results

I'm only on street tires and didn't have much wheel hop before BUT it was there and I could really get it hopping from a dig. Now no matter what I try there is NO HOP WHATSOEVER! Even on my crap tires! I don't really push the Cobra in the corners often but I do know that what I used to feel "safe" entering a corner at (mph wise) is now TOO SLOW! What used to be the limit for me is now a piece of cake. Car feels absolutely planted and I feel much more in control entering and leaving the corners. I would definitely suggest these bushings to any of you guys on the fence about it. I was and now I'm very happy that I ended up doing it. Just make sure to READ THE DIRECTIONS!!

Edit - Also did a BF IRS brace at the same time. Feel like my IRS is beefy now and I feel like I can comfortably run DR's or slicks at the track (will be my first time running them) and not break something. Feels that much more solid with the bushings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread