Procal II Programmer

6-Speed

Established Member
Received my Procal II programmer for the Ford Racing CAI kit. It's not as sophisticated or as capable as the SCTs and the Diablos, but it's much nicer than the previous generation Procal. This one allows you to adjust for tire size, differential gear ratio and offers a 2-step octane adjustment. With the octane adjust - you initially set "N" and if you hear knocking, you re-program with "Y". You can also read/clear diagnostic trouble-codes with it.

The instructions that come with the Procal II are pretty good, but lack pictures so I'll attempt to compensate for that.

You can download the Procal II instructions from the following Ford Racing site:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/calibration/default.asp

IMG_3363.jpg

There is a Multi Media Card (MMC) that comes with it - I suspect the performance calibration and perhaps any firmware updates are stored on that card.

You have to pull the rubber boot off the bottom of the unit to expose the card slot.

IMG_3364.jpg

Then gently insert the MMC until it clicks into place.

IMG_3365.jpg

Here is the Procal II next to the original Procal.

IMG_3392.jpg

Last edited:

6-Speed

Established Member
Here are some of the Procal II screens used while programming the PCM:

Use this screen to select between the performance calibration and the stock calibration.

IMG_3373.jpg

This screen allows you to select user adjustable parameters:

IMG_3396.jpg

This screen allows you to adjust tire size in revolutions/mile. Made some speed checks against a GPS for a few settings and ended up dialing in 772, which is equivalent to an 82" tire circumference. The speedometer still read a tad higher (< 1 mph) than the GPS indicated speed with stock GY F1 Supercars.

IMG_3381.jpg

Once you select "Save Changes" it begins loading the calibration; you can actually see the load progress now....

IMG_3386.jpg

... until it's done. I don't know what that warn light indicates, but everything seems fine.

IMG_3389.jpg

The green OK light comes on along with an acknowledgement that the "Performance Calibration" is installed once you cycle the key off, back on and select ENTER.

IMG_3398.jpg

Last edited:

6-Speed

Established Member
Ford Racing is now providing the Procal II when you purchase and register the GT500 SVT CAI kit or TVS supercharger kit. Right now Ford Racing will not sell the Procal II to previous owners of those products who have the original Procal tool. I am one of the later, so I purchased an unused Procal voucher from a member here and registered it on-line and requested the Procal. I received the Procal II the next day.

In order to use the new Procal II, I had to restore my stock calibration with the old Procal and then re-program the performance calibration with the Procal II.

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I used this tuner when I installed my CAI a few weeks ago. It was so easy even I could do it. The car definitely feels stronger. :coolman:

Last edited:

moncho

Established Member
Ford Racing is now providing the Procal II when you purchase and register the GT500 SVT CAI kit or TVS supercharger kit. Right now Ford Racing will not sell the Procal II to previous owners of those products who have the original Procal tool. I am one of the later, so I purchased an unused Procal voucher from a member here and registered it on-line and requested the Procal. I received the Procal II the next day.

In order to use the new Procal II, I had to restore my stock calibration with the old Procal and then re-program the performance calibration with the Procal II.

Are you saying if you order a Ford Racing TVS once you receive it and register you get a Procal II? If so, does it come with a tune?

No mention of it @ Ford Racing....

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=23400

Great write up and thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Ray

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Are you saying if you order a Ford Racing TVS once you receive it and register you get a Procal II? If so, does it come with a tune?

No mention of it @ Ford Racing....

Cheers,
Ray

Ray, I may have mentioned this a long time ago but I have the FRPP CAI kit with a ProCal tuner and tune if you're interested. I used it for a season before changing to the FRPP Whipple/Procal kit. It provided a mild bump in power and had zero issues. Anyway, if you are looking for something like that just let me know.

moncho

Established Member
Ray, I may have mentioned this a long time ago but I have the FRPP CAI kit with a ProCal tuner and tune if you're interested. I used it for a season before changing to the FRPP Whipple/Procal kit. It provided a mild bump in power and had zero issues. Anyway, if you are looking for something like that just let me know.

Tob, appreciate the offer & I do remember that you mentioned you had the kit. What got my attention was 6-speeds following comment:

"Ford Racing is now providing the Procal II when you purchase and register the GT500 SVT CAI kit or TVS supercharger kit. "

In particular the TVS part of the above. If Ford Racing is selling the TVS and a Procal II comes with it that includes a tune, then this would be something for me to seriously think about.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Ray

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Tob, appreciate the offer & I do remember that you mentioned you had the kit. What got my attention was 6-speeds following comment:

"Ford Racing is now providing the Procal II when you purchase and register the GT500 SVT CAI kit or TVS supercharger kit. "

In particular the TVS part of the above. If Ford Racing is selling the TVS and a Procal II comes with it that includes a tune, then this would be something for me to seriously think about.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Ray

Ray, that post was from 2009 and it refers to this TVS kit: 2007-2009 MUSTANG SVT 605 HP SUPERCHARGER UPGRADE KIT M-6066-SGT*

The 2013-14 TVS kits are "tuner" kits and require custom calibration.

moncho

Established Member
Ray, that post was from 2009 and it refers to this TVS kit: 2007-2009 MUSTANG SVT 605 HP SUPERCHARGER UPGRADE KIT M-6066-SGT*

The 2013-14 TVS kits are "tuner" kits and require custom calibration.

SCGallo2,

Major oversight on my part. Sometimes you see what you want to see & that was the case on my part.

Thank you sir!

Cheers,
Ray

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Haven't seen a Lazarus thread in a long time. Almost 5 years dead. Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread