True Forged Billet Aluminum Jacking Insert Revision

anarchyx914

Established Member
Do people typically just purchase one of these, and then move it around w/ the jack for each sides?

Also, I read alot of threads about jack stand locations, and there is so many opinions.

Where do you recommend placing jackstands on the GT500s when you are using this jacking insert then, because I believe this covers up the main pinch weld to put stands under on the front/back, but I may be wrong... I usually place my jackstands on the pinch welds, but was wondering if there is a better spot, because quite often the rocket panel that covers the pinch weld, gets pinched between that and the jack stand.

Im wondering if there is a better location for the jack stands instead of on pinch welds.

I guess my question is unrelated, but I was just curious since you sell these :)

Sorry to semi-thread jack, but I am interested in this product and will likely be buying :)

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Do people typically just purchase one of these, and then move it around w/ the jack for each sides?

Also, I read alot of threads about jack stand locations, and there is so many opinions.

Where do you recommend placing jackstands on the GT500s when you are using this jacking insert then, because I believe this covers up the main pinch weld to put stands under on the front/back, but I may be wrong... I usually place my jackstands on the pinch welds, but was wondering if there is a better spot, because quite often the rocket panel that covers the pinch weld, gets pinched between that and the jack stand.

Im wondering if there is a better location for the jack stands instead of on pinch welds.

I guess my question is unrelated, but I was just curious since you sell these :)

Sorry to semi-thread jack, but I am interested in this product and will likely be buying :)

I use the pinch seam and a lot of guys buy 2 and rest the car on a jack stand on the insert and some guys use jack stands on the frame rails and some use it on the rear axle and some use it on the k-member. There are lots of places to place a jack stand.

anarchyx914

Established Member
I use the pinch seam and a lot of guys buy 2 and rest the car on a jack stand on the insert and some guys use jack stands on the frame rails and some use it on the rear axle and some use it on the k-member. There are lots of places to place a jack stand.

Thank you sir! In for one next week :)

tasdevl

Established Member
Does this fit a Boss 302? Asking because I have the Boss 302 sidepipes on my GT500, and wanted to be sure this would fit the rear points.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Yes. Thus the reason for the revision.

are you sure van? i didnt get to look at a boss myself.

and are you sure its 2011 and up that have the smaller pockets? i thought it was just the 2013 GT500?

i figured you must have posted a thread since there was a spike over the past couple of days lol :beer:

we know these fit ALL years mustangs from fox through current. if the car has deep ground effects/side skirts like the SN95 Saleen or GT350 you may have an issue but you can also place a wood block under it to help clear the skirt.

Van@RevanRacing

PHP:
are you sure van? i didnt get to look at a boss myself.

and are you sure its 2011 and up that have the smaller pockets? i thought it was just the 2013 GT500?

i figured you must have posted a thread since there was a spike over the past couple of days lol :beer:

we know these fit ALL years mustangs from fox through current. if the car has deep ground effects/side skirts like the SN95 Saleen or GT350 you may have an issue but you can also place a wood block under it to help clear the skirt.

I'll see if I can get on a Laguna Seca

tasdevl

Established Member
It must be pretty thin on the inside of the seam, as there's not much room left when the side pipes are installed:

gap.jpg

tasdevl

Established Member
Van,

Here it is (not sure if it's the angle or if I've bent my seam by jacking it from the edge of a floor jack plate the other day).

gap2.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Van,

Here it is (not sure if it's the angle or if I've bent my seam by jacking it from the edge of a floor jack plate the other day).

gap2.jpg

man unfortunately there's no way it will clear that bolt. from the gap in the middle of the pad to the edge its a hair over 1". i dont think we could trim it to be that narrow even if just on one side.

so you could use it on the front jacking points but not the rear. unless you want to remove the side pipes when you jack up the car lol.

Last edited:

tasdevl

Established Member
Ah bummer. Since I work in a mechanical engineering department I guess I should go down to our machine shop and ask a buddy of mine to help me make one that I can fit to my car. I was just feeling lazy, and that looked like a nice piece :)

Van@RevanRacing

Ah bummer. Since I work in a mechanical engineering department I guess I should go down to our machine shop and ask a buddy of mine to help me make one that I can fit to my car. I was just feeling lazy, and that looked like a nice piece :)

You could always modify one in the machine shop to accomodate the bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread