Major League Baseball 2012

CSD

Banned
12 more days till Opening Day :rockon:

Joba with a possible career ending injury from a trampoline :nonono:

Bobby Jenks charged with DUI

Mariano Rivera and Chipper Jones last season

Will any teams win 100 games this season?

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Going by the roster alone, the Tigers could/should win that many.

We'll see exactly how bad Miggy is at 3rd base though. I don't like the prospect of throwing terrible defenders out on the field. We have some shit defense, but even though Inge couldn't hit last year, he was worth his weight with how many hits he took away at the hot corner.

The Tigers will either do great (as expected) or be a huge disappointment.

CSD

Banned
Was jumping around on a trampoline with his son, dislocated his ankle.

ESPN said:
Joba Chamberlain lost so much blood Thursday when he hurt his ankle while playing with his son that there initially was concern for his life, a Yankees source said.

At the very least, the gruesome open dislocation of Chamberlain's right ankle could be career threatening and probably will preclude Chamberlain from pitching for the Yankees this season.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
florida-marlins-logo.jpg

:rockon:

p23w

Established Member
Saux supreme surprise in the AL Beast
Tigers in a waltz in the ALC
ALW to close to call. Were Pujols and Wilson enough to overtake the Rangers and Yu?
Phills is the NL East, with Bravos nipping at their heels (watch out for Washington)
Cards pull past the Madsonless Reds in the NLC
Wild times in the NLW, will Gibby repeat? Will the Freak and Buster prevail? Can Donnie baseball finally make it to the post season? And what of Tulo and the Rocks?

Life begins on opening day!

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Keep dreaming!

Busy year last year? Didn't see you post at all

it was man, and i really missed this thread. best place to talk hardball around. i should be around more this season.

in all seriousness i think boston is dead in the water. and i think the yanks are going to have trouble on the back 9.

i think my rays will be just as big of a pita in the east as last year. :rockon:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I predict, just like last year, the Baltimore Orioles will finish last. Why oh why do they suck every year.

CSD

Banned
it was man, and i really missed this thread. best place to talk hardball around. i should be around more this season.

in all seriousness i think boston is dead in the water. and i think the yanks are going to have trouble on the back 9.

i think my rays will be just as big of a pita in the east as last year. :rockon:

Good to see you back :beer:

The biggest issue for the Sox is their pitching staff. The back of their rotation is a big question mark. Trying to convert Bard into a starter was a big fail for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they sign Oswalt mid-season.

The Yankees, what's not to like about them. If the Andy Pettitte of old returns, watch out AL East! They return most of their potent lineup from a season ago and have the best closer in baseball, nuff said. Yanks will repeat as division winners

The Rays have an outstanding pitching rotation, that alone will give them a chance to compete. But their offense needs to get going, in a hurry. In 18 games so far this spring, they've scored 62 runs., only 3 runs/game. The Jays are averaging twice that, 6 runs/game.

The Blue Jays might be a sleeper this season. Bautista is a machine, Colby Rasmus is solid, and Brett Lawrie has been killing the ball in spring training. The top end of their rotation looks good with Romero and Morrow. Will they win the AL pennant? No. But they have a legitimate shot of making the playoffs this season

My prediction:

Yankees win AL East
Toronto
Boston
Tampa Bay
Baltimore

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
spring is just a tune up. the mariners are kicking ass and taking names, and they will win 75 if they are lucky.

i see it.

Rays
Yanks
BoSox
Blue jays

there are to more WC this season though so that will get interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread