hood vents and heat

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
all looks aside, where in the engine bay does the most heat come from (front or back of motor) and where is the most performance effected venting solution to engine heat escape? front vents like on your oem hoods or rear venting like on most cowl hoods? weird q? but seems relevant to proper cooling when racing.

The front vents do a good job of removing heat but improvements can be made. There's a member (RaceBronco2) on here who built a tricked out hood with more air events since he open tracks the car. He has a good thread discussing the reduction in temps. You may want to speak with him.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
The front vents do a good job of removing heat but improvements can be made. There's a member (RaceBronco2) on here who built a tricked out hood with more air events since he open tracks the car. He has a good thread discussing the reduction in temps. You may want to speak with him.

Not sure if this is the car but this is what came to mind when I read this thread.

sow9272808022mediumxp2.jpg

Thats the car. Do a search under his username and you'll find a lot of great threads he's been a part of. Even more so, search through the Open Track forum since you'll get all your questions answered by guys that actually see what works.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
That car looks sick.

Sitting in traffic down here in FL, you can just see the heat rolling out of the vents. I did the vent mod of course.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
agreed...get rid of the heat blanket or do the heat blanket mod which I did...looks clean...you can search my threads to see what mine look like...1st free mod I did, lol...

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I actually run Fore hood vents during the summer months, mostly for increased heat removal during drag racing. Probably not a ton of help, but taking the philosophy that every little bit counts

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not sure if this is the car but this is what came to mind when I read this thread.

sow9272808022mediumxp2.jpg

I like that, and can understand how it would be an improvement over the stock hood as far as extracting heat. I'm really surprised that no-one has yet done a hood like that for retail. Nice!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That car looks sick.

Sitting in traffic down here in FL, you can just see the heat rolling out of the vents. I did the vent mod of course.

I heard that.You should feel the heat coming out of the vents when I park the car.
These are the vents I installed.
016-2.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread