What the function of this piece in 03' Cobra?

hakeem_svt

Established Member
Guys,

I want to know what the function of this piece in my car?

There is a button in that, but I don't know what this is..for info that the lighting was working the length of time ...

This pics:- ((Click pic for full size))

P1050004.jpg

P1050007.jpg

Sorry if any spelling errors in the English language.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Might be from the dealer....Ya looks like a valet switch

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Alarm/starter disabler LED light. Yank it out and find the rest of it and do the same.

Loco03Snake

Established Member
Thats the same crap I found on my 2000 GT when I bought "Brand New" from the dealer, I took the car back to the dealership to find out what the hell it was, Dealer installed an aftermarket alarm on my car and forgot to disclosed it before selling the car to me, they removed the alarm system but forgot to remove this piece, I demanded the alarm to be reinstall if not I was going to return the vehicle..

good luck..

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
Good to see that you're taking good care of your car, exploring is and anayzing its contents. I did the same when I bought mine.

I would follow those wires and see what they lead to. Probably an alarm switch like others are saying. My cobra has two screw holes in the same area as the switch you are showing us a picture of. I think the holes are from someone mounting a similar switch at one time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes its a factory installed alarm, use to do those.

A factory installed alarm? There was no such option on the Terminator. :shrug:

Or do you mean that you used to install aftermarket alarm systems?

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
You have to live in Michigan and work in Dearborn to install a FACTORY alarm sytem bro. Not Cali, lol. :shrug:

You dont have to work in the actuall plant, when you purchase the car off any dealership they ask you if you would like to purchase an alarm, the tech's install them or they send them to get installed somewhere else but yet they still make money out of it. Its the same thing when the delership ask you if you would like get tint, then they send them out to a shop.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
You dont have to work in the actuall plant, when you purchase the car off any dealership they ask you if you would like to purchase an alarm, the tech's install them or they send them to get installed somewhere else but yet they still make money out of it. Its the same thing when the delership ask you if you would like get tint, then they send them out to a shop.

Thats exactly what they tried to do to me when I bought my GT in 2004.

Wanted to charge me $600.00 for the alarm or they would remove it.
I said no thanks,. They had shown me the brochure it was for the brand "Karr alarm" so I went home and looked for it on ebay. I found it for like 30 bucks and because they had done all the wiring and just removed the brain,I just had to plug it in and its working to this day.

OP your led looks exactly like my karr alarm,Its very common for dealers to use them cause they're cheap. I bet you could do the same thing wiring is probably all there behind the kick panel,just get the brain and plug it in.

Look here:

KARR car alarm (model 2040A) - eBay (item 140371549850 end time Jan-09-10 19:05:43 PST)

greengt88

Established Member
it's the knutter valve controller for the turbo encabulator, not really looks like a part of an alarm system. take that crap out.

Users who are viewing this thread