03/04 COBRA HEAD TICK Explained by STIEGEMEIER

dynobobstieg

The explanation to the cylinder head tick is as follows:

There were some Terminators that had Valve seat run out in excess of .006 to .008 on the exhaust side.

The Valve stem deflects in the guide and ticks. The factory valve work early on was not always round.

The exhaust seat material is extremely hard and tooling deflection occurs.
Terminators that suffer this seat run out experience a tick at 25,000 mile mark on driver side and 35,000 on passenger side.

I have not seen a Valve failure because of this ever and not all Cobra's develop the tick.
K-liners are the best fix.

Sincerely,
Robert Stiegemeier
Stiegemeier Porting Service,LLC

:dancenana:pORTING AND REBUILDING SALE STILL GOING ON!:dancenana:

cobaltandcobrahead013.jpg

cobaltandcobrahead014.jpg

cobaltandcobrahead015.jpg

cobaltandcobrahead016.jpg

Thanks

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
Do you know if it affects performance?

A local guy's Cobra developed the tick almost 2 years ago, and he has not bothered to fix it.

He still drives it and races it :shrug:

layzie

Established Member
I was ready to purchase the snakebite from you guys and decided to save my $ to buy both head revisions as my car has the tick issue. I only have 9k miles on my car!

If the tick issue is 100% safe, then I will spend the money I have saved for the heads on the snakebite. Just don't BS me because you want a sale. I want to make sure my car is safe.

dynobobstieg

There were some Terminators that had Valve seat run out in excess of .006 to .008 on the exhaust side.

The Valve stem deflects in the guide and ticks. The factory valve work early on was not always round.

The exhaust seat material is extremely hard and tooling deflection occurs.
Terminators that suffer this seat run out experience a tick at 25,000 mile mark on driver side and 35,000 on passenger side.

I have not seen a Valve failure because of this ever and not all Cobra's develop the tick.

K-liners are the best fix.

This particular set of heads had 90,000 miles on it and were not broken.
Stiegemeier:burnout:
636-949-2275
StiegeSplash

cmycobrafly

Established Member
my 04 doesn't tick when i first start it but after it warms on you can hear it from the driver side mainly and this is a late 04 it started doing it around 16000 miles is this the head tick something different

Users who are viewing this thread