mobil 1 synthetic for the eaton?

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
i'm due for a oil change on the eaton , i read some use mobil 10-30w, is it safe too use this, the car is my dd?

Terminated03

Established Member
GM Part # 1234-5982

I found a good price at Summit, but it wasnt the cheapest. Summit does have quick turnaround on shipping though and thats a major plus for me. Get a syringe and a weed whacker fuel line (from Home Depot). That made the job super easy.

Stalker27

Established Member
It's fine. You don't need that expensive BS. Just put mobil 1 in or like me Royal Purple in & you're good to go

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
GM Part # 1234-5982

I found a good price at Summit, but it wasnt the cheapest. Summit does have quick turnaround on shipping though and thats a major plus for me. Get a syringe and a weed whacker fuel line (from Home Depot). That made the job super easy.

thanks i found a syringe, in the cookin sec at wallmart hope that works it's for 10oz, i was wondering were to pick up a clear tube thanks !

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
thanks i found a syringe, in the cookin sec at wallmart hope that works it's for 10oz, i was wondering were to pick up a clear tube thanks !

Not sure how well that'll hold up to oil...

You can find this one for $3 including tube
Look in the section with gas cans and 2-cycle oil

MixMizer™
60cc Graduated Oil Syringe
B0007ZHAB0.01-A1T0VEFK4F7RX4._SCMZZZZZZZ_.gif

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
if you see how thin the ford or chevy supercharger oil is in person, you'd probably never think mobil 1 1030 or 0530 could possibly be a substitute

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Do not buy this at Ford Dealer!

Just go to a GM dealer and pick up a couple of bottles. You may have to visit more than one dealer depending on your area. Still cheaper than Ford though.

Syringe and some airline tubing does the trick. Pack some paper towels or similar under plug when draining/ filling to soak up any spillage. If you've never changed it before take a big whiff of that stuff when removed! report back on lovely smell. lol

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I believe the GM supercharger oil is non-synthetic but the Motorcraft XL-4 oil IS synthetic, hence the difference in price (but I could be wrong).

THIS is the good stuff to use (one can lasts quite a while!):

Mobil1JetII.jpg

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
i'm due for a oil change on the eaton , i read some use mobil 10-30w, is it safe too use this, the car is my dd?
There has never been any reported issues with using Mobil 1 synthetic in the Eaton 112 blower case. It works fine and there are literally thousands of blowers out there with this doing the lubricating. I change mine once a year and the ole' Eaton still purrs like a kitten after being pullied since September, 2002.

Last edited:

TVSCobra

Established Member
Use the supercharger fluid if you can find it. I use Castrol TWS 10W-60 because I can get free and change it often. The Mobil1 15w-50 is also good, I like these oils because the are still rated lower than "SM". Meaning that they still have higher levels of EP additives and Zinc/phosphurous. If you are going to change it often, then you really do not need the supercharger spec oil. The supercharger spec oil is close to a 30 weight oil at 100 degrees C or 212 degrees F. The supercharger spec oil is the best though, it does not expand as much as engine oil does when heated. So it will not build up pressure in the front drive, it is possible to blow the seals out if the supercharger oil is not used. But it is nearly impossible to over fill the supercharger when it is in the car. The base stock oil in the synthetic supercharger oil is a very high quality base stock, that is also why the oil is very expensive. You will be fine with a quality synthetic engine oil though.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
PS- My car is a DD. I have almost 90k on the car :rockon: A 500hp car is too much fun to not drive.:beer:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
what is the typical/suggested mileage for fluid change on the supercharger? i have yet to do it on mine... it has 44k on it so far, thanks.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
what is the typical/suggested mileage for fluid change on the supercharger? i have yet to do it on mine... it has 44k on it so far, thanks.

80K+ from what I remember. Steggy suggests every 10k with a port and pulley because the supercharger is spinning a lot faster than stock. I do it every 5K when I change the oil. It takes an extra 10min.

Users who are viewing this thread