Brake Check vs NTB vs Firestone or what?

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
so where do you guys take your 03/04 cobras to get an alignment done. Need to get done on mine i think :(

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Most NTB's and Firestones are absolute ripoffs, ran by scammers, with half breed monkeys doing the "service work"......

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
My garage.:-D Have a good bit of home/pit alignment capability for my open track hobby.

When I just want to refresh my street settings I go to the Lincoln Mercury dealer I used to work for. Our front end guy was great. Our Cobra IRS rear ends are very similar to Mark 8s and 89-97 Cougars so a four wheel alignment was a cake walk for him.

He was a little surprised at the caster camber plates, since he doesn't see many modded Mustangs, but immediately GOT what they were all about.

I would price shop 4 wheel alignments at Ford and Lincoln dealers in your area that you know have a good service reputation.

SVT owners usually do pretty well at Lincoln stores, they get us.(more often than not):thumbsup:

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
i guess Lincoln Stores it is .. :) thanks Jimmy once again lol

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Dammit Jimmy, you forgot T-Birds......:poke:

The reason the rears are so similar is, Ford took the IRS assembly from the defunct MN-12 platform for the '99 model year Cobras, having to make but a few minor adjustments.

:beer:

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Dammit Jimmy, you forgot T-Birds......:poke:
The reason the rears are so similar is, Ford took the IRS assembly from the defunct MN-12 platform for the '99 model year Cobras, having to make but a few minor adjustments.
:beer:

True! I did, but a Ford store would(should) NOT need validation of familiarity with the Cobra IRS, that's where those cars came from, however lot's of people are not that familiar with the Lincoln Mercury cars and might not think to use one of those service departments, even though we have had the IRS and 4 valve engines both since 93.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread