01 cobra vs. 03 cobra

2001CobraDan

Established Member
He guys, before shit goes down, I just want to get your opinions on what might happen. I have an 01 cobra w/ an intercooled Procharger D1SC on it, 13psi. Car has 60lb injectors, 03 cobra tank, an off road x-pipe w/ Magnaflows, short throw shifter, 4.30 gears, MM adjustables, subfames, lowering springs and nitto drags. Car made 460rwhp and 386 tq. on a very conservative tune. My buddy has an 03 cobra w/ a 2.76 upper pulley, JLT intake, tune, high flow x-pipe w/ magnaflows, stock gears. His car also made 460rwhp w/ 460 tq. Now I know he made more tq. than me, but my car is also like 250lbs lighter. He has the 6 speed and I have the 5 speed w/ 4.30 gears. Obviously on the highway he would get me, how about from a dig? Or a 30mph roll? I dont get the best traction, but my car is an absolute animal from rolls! Let me know, thanks.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
From a dig or a 10-20mph roll you will should be able to get him. But in the end I think it'll be drivers race.. tell him 10-20 to the top of fourth for you and see what happens.

blueviper5

Established Member
my cousin in indiana has a s10 with a 350 in it, that sumbitch will burn the tires off when it hits second, he might race you

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
With the weight difference you should pull him. What speed are you topping out 4th with the 4.30s?

i couldnt image 4:30s, I honestly think with his 100tq more than you i think you will lose but not by a crazy amount. Unless you can hook like a beast from a dig and take him out of the hole. Im interested to know though good luck.

2001CobraDan

Established Member
lol. yeah a 20mph roll to the top of fourth. I have Nitto NT555R Drag radials w/ lowering springs and subframe conectors, but I would have to totally ride the clutch put of the launch and/or just feather it until i get traction.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Now I know he made more tq. than me, but my car is also like 250lbs lighter.

with your mods, I'd think that the weight difference isn't as much as you think.. the only things that are really lighter are the engine block and your transmission, and that's not 250 lbs difference..

any way it should be a good race..

SVT03DAL

Established Member
CobraDan, have you stepped outside recently? It's like friggen 20 degrees outside brother! You trying to freeze those snakes or what? Put 'em away until the spring when it's warm out again...tires aren't gonna hook worth sh*t.

2001CobraDan

Established Member
lol, i know the weather sucks in Ma. Im drivin it till they salt the roads though. My drag radials absolutely blow in this weather, so Id have to do a roll. But this air is great for boost!:rockon:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^^im glad you are enjoying this air as well..my non intercooled KB devours this air...begs me to floor it just about everywhere..so i do lol...love this cold air car runs exc..goodluck and i hope you pull him!

matt87

Established Member
01 cobra 3400 lbs 03 cobra 3600 lbs, so ya there is 200 or so lbs difference somewhere. Dan i'd wait till warmer days. we are more than likely gonna get saltd friday anyway.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
you keep it in your powerband his torque will mean nothing. his torque qill help him till the first shift, IF... you dont start in your powerband. HP is HP. torque is good for off the line then nothing at all.

2001CobraDan

Established Member
yeah ive decided that since it would be such a close race and that this guy is a good friend of mine, that we wont do it. Why beat up on a fellow Ford enthusiats anyway? lol. I'd rather go beat up on some srt-4's or some spec-v's. lol

Users who are viewing this thread