02 Gt vs 99 lightning

retic1987

So everyone gives me shit for having a slow auto 2v ,all in good fun.i just put jlt cai,bbk throttle body, accufab plenum and plenum spacer,I also pulled backseat and all that stuff out, pulled out the spare tire and jack also .so I was itching for a race to see how the car would do . I was hanging out with my buddy who has a 99 lightning and he has dragged my ass a couple of times when my car was stock and was very confident he could still drag me,it was late and I was headed home and he was headed to get something to eat and we ended up at a stop sign together ,he rolled down his window and said you know what's about to happen right? I was like yep,so I honk it off we both spin,we get traction at about the same time and I pull him and put about 2 cars on him and keep it that way until we get out of it . He pulls up next to me and yells from a 30 .i slow down to 30 and honk it off ,he jumps out about a fender and I Reel him in and put about 2 cars on him again! His truck made 325/400 on a dyno jet my car stock made 197/207 on the same dyno jet,HELL YEAH!!!

retic1987

Thanks! clc44 I have a teksid block that im building with a on3 twin turbo set up with a built 4r70w. I'm getting ready to spray this motor ,just ordered cms stage 1 cams For it ,should be fun to play with tell the teksid build gets done

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Dynos are dynos, but it's interesting that my '02 4x4 Explorer made 216hp/268lb-ft tq at the wheels and that was spinning 20's. Only had a CAI, catback and tune. Good kill and now your buddy is probably researching new mods!

clc44

Established Member
Thanks! clc44 I have a teksid block that im building with a on3 twin turbo set up with a built 4r70w. I'm getting ready to spray this motor ,just ordered cms stage 1 cams For it ,should be fun to play with tell the teksid build gets done

That is my plans for a project in a couple years. I'll find a sub 100k mile 99-04 2V with the 4r70. I guess the best route is to pull the motor, add forged rods and pistons and make an easy safe 500-600rwhp. I'd add some cams and clean up the heads for better flow and great sound.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
reading this reminded me of when I had my 03 and I beat a few lightnings. At the time, nobody could believe it and few people called BS. Good kill. I miss my 03.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
reading this reminded me of when I had my 03 and I beat a few lightnings. At the time, nobody could believe it and few people called BS. Good kill. I miss my 03.

For those few years the s/c Lightning was produced, quite a few owners acted as if the truck could part the sea and ride on water.

4a7191a

Established Member
I remember back in the day getting beat on by lightnings in my old 97 gt .
Good kill op , tell that lightning owner he needs some mods now.

Users who are viewing this thread