03/04 Cobra Seat To 96-98 Power Harness

laddanator

Established Member
Here is a simple harness I soldered together to go from a 03/04 Cobra seat to the floor board plug of a 96-98 Cobra.

Last edited:

laddanator

Established Member
Beautiful. Now go get those seats lol

I hear ya! lol I got a deal in the works. Just trying to figure out how to attach the bottom rear seat 03/04 frame to the frame of the car. It would be so easy to transfer the rear upper back rest to my 96 Cobra rear seat frame but then I can't sell my stock seats with no frame.

redrocket16

Established Member
I hear ya! lol I got a deal in the works. Just trying to figure out how to attach the bottom rear seat 03/04 frame to the frame of the car. It would be so easy to transfer the rear upper back rest to my 96 Cobra rear seat frame but then I can't sell my stock seats with no frame.

I did :banana:

If someone is wanting them they should have the frame already and are probably just looking to replace cloth for the leather. I offered to swap the seats for him too but he said he could figure it out.

laddanator

Established Member
I did :banana:

If someone is wanting them they should have the frame already and are probably just looking to replace cloth for the leather. I offered to swap the seats for him too but he said he could figure it out.

Cool! I am going to switch the frame. When I was at the junk yard getting some parts I had a chance to look at some 03/04 seats. The passenger seat has the handle on the back never the bottom to fold the seat forward if someone needed more room or if you need more room to get something in the back seat but the driver seat doesn't have the latch or little handle in the back. How do you fold the driver seat forward?

redrocket16

Established Member
Cool! I am going to switch the frame. When I was at the junk yard getting some parts I had a chance to look at some 03/04 seats. The passenger seat has the handle on the back never the bottom to fold the seat forward if someone needed more room or if you need more room to get something in the back seat but the driver seat doesn't have the latch or little handle in the back. How do you fold the driver seat forward?

As in the back seats folding down?

redrocket16

Established Member
No, the front seats fold forward. The passenger seat has the latch only for the 03/04 and my 96 seats have the latch handle on the back of both front seats. Must be a way to fold the driver seat forward?

Doh, my bad.. I was talking about the rear seats and not the bottom front seats. Sorry I can't offer much help on that front :shrug:

laddanator

Established Member
I do, both front and rear. I used the 96 frame and the 04 seats in the rear and I used the 04 fronts with the 04 frames that came with them, both passenger and driver.

That's what I mean. You have never seen the seat release latch on your driver seat?

Passenger Side latch

Driver Side latch seems missing

See that weird looking spot on the driver seat where it looks like something is trying to come through. I know there is supposed to be a latch there. Not sure if it's broke off why a hole isn't there?

Users who are viewing this thread