03-04 Eaton blower on 99&01

Status
Not open for further replies.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
If this has already been answered then throw the ban stick at me.....not really

I swapped entire wiring harness from a 2004 Cobra into my 01. I did keep my 01 steering column.
My cruise control is the only thing that does not work. Is there a wiring difference between the 2001 and 2004 cruise control setups?

Thanks guys!

01bluesnake

Established Member
Just adding a part number and some info for a alternative to the 03/04 intercooler pump. I realized as i was working on a car at the dealer that a hybrid uses the same pump for it's cooling system. Ford came out with a new style due to failure issues and has mounting bracket included which is a big plus from having to buy it separate with the 03/04 pump. Some bending of the bracket would be needed, but otherwise direct fit

P/N 5M6Z-8C419-A and they list as a pump repair kit

Heres some pics

th_IMAG0245.gif

th_IMAG0244.gif

th_IMAG0243-1.gif

th_IMAG0242.gif

Last edited:

pacos-stang

Established Member
I'm putting a Eaton on my 2001 cobra. The shop said I need to do some wiring and run some vaccum lines. Well I came up short on cash. They want to charge me $300 to do it. But I'm 16 and cant get it. Is this something I can do at my house? I have almost every tool known to man. But is there somewhere I can find out what all I need to do? What all wiring do I need to do and what all vaccum lines are needed to be ran?

swt99svt

Established Member
Check the sticky threads in the forum. They have most the information you need for the wiring. You need to change out some things under the intake and also the pig tail on the alternator. That will cover the big wiring changes. For the vacuum lines, find a set off a '03 going turbo.

In real world numbers, if you knock it out for under $3k you're doing good.

01_COBRA_57

New member and COBRA owner here! I just bought a 01 COBRA w 47k mi. I'm wondering if the risks are too great to put a eaton supercharger on my car or maybe a vortech. I know the 01's compression is higher and has an aluminum block. So is it safe to push 8+ lbs w the stock internals n stock block? Also I would kind of like to keep the car NA if I can but wanna b pushing around 400 to the wheels. Any advice?

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
For those of you that do this swap, what kind and ratio of rear end gears do you run??

I had my stock 3.55 gears and a 28'' tall tire. It was nasty from a 40 roll in 1st gear. I now have 3.73 and couldnt tell any difference and cant ready do a 40 in 1st anymore. Wish i never changed them :whine:

agent-orange

Established Member
Hi Guys

I also do a swap at the moment and I'm almost finished. But I have a question about the wiring of the EGR stuff. I didnt deleted the EGR, so I need all the solenoids. After I did the wiring part, I had to realize that one the solenoids doesnt has a connector.

I have the connector btw, so I only have to connect it to the correct wires, but from where get I the wires for that solenoid?

agent-orangeCH

I added a pic of solenoid. Its not from my cobra.

Thanks,

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
3.55's on a 315/35/17. I don't know how tall those tires are so I gave you the size.

It's a 26" tall tire which is stock height.

Hi Guys

I also do a swap at the moment and I'm almost finished. But I have a question about the wiring of the EGR stuff. I didnt deleted the EGR, so I need all the solenoids. After I did the wiring part, I had to realize that one the solenoids doesnt has a connector.

I have the connector btw, so I only have to connect it to the correct wires, but from where get I the wires for that solenoid?

agent-orangeCH

I added a pic of solenoid. Its not from my cobra.

Thanks,

Just spend 20$ and do a egr delete?

agent-orange

Established Member
The problem is, when I remove it, it will change the emissions. And here in Switzerland we have to check the car emissions every 2 years. We have some very strictly laws about that. We need for everything a permission from the local car inspection (like the TUV in Germany) and for many things like wheels, spacers, suspensions, etc a "Confirmation certificate" of the Producer or a safty certificate from an established test center. Very difficult to tune cars here in Switzerland :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread