03 remanufactured COBRA motor,What??

FatalBite

Established Member
I just blew my motor in my 03 cobra it was under warranty. Well, new motor is put in and its not an svt motor its a remanufactured 4.6 dohc, well i was pissed now. It has an iron block, but is the internals all the same as svt motor,manley forged rods, forged pistons and crank?

GodStang

Established Member
Yes its the same engine. SVT just no longer exists so its hard for them to build it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Pistons arent forged iirc, thus the expansion rate when doing high speed, long term wot jaunts. SVT didnt see them as an issue in early engine development, as opposed to the rods used snapping like toothpicks, which is why they went with Manley's. Pistons arent necessarily the weak spot unless you heat them to the point of causing engine failure.

your Reman motor should utilize 99.9% of the same assembly parts and installation procedures as they did from your original, just now your valve cover name plate means jack shit.

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
So the longblocks that Tousley Ford don't come with the SVT plate o the passenger side Valve Cover???

where there any problems fixed on those engines other than revised heads???

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I thought everyone knew that we have forged pistons :dw:

They only build a specific number of replacement engines on the Niche Line and when they're gone, that's it (those ran out years ago...)

Only the hand-assembled, Niche Line engines get a tag

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Same thing happened to me when i blew my first motor.. Ford replaced it under warranty with a reman... You could've removed the tag and reinstalled it on the reman, of course this would be completely be for cosmetic purposes.. As your reman was a mass produced engine...

This was one of the excuses i told the wife, why i didn't want my first cobra anymore.. It worked, i sold my first cobra and bought a vette..

Good luck,

Users who are viewing this thread