13-14 GT500 power seat wiring question

TORQJNKY

Does anyone know if 13-14 GT500's are all pre-wired for power seats even if they have the manual Recaro's?

Reason I ask is, I am trading my standard power seats for Recaro's and the new owner of my power seats wants to know if his car is pre-wired for power seats, sorta plug and play. We were talking about it on the phone this afternoon and he wasn't sure. He's out of town on business for a week and I told him I would look into it and get back to him via email. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :beer:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I can't answer your question directly. However, I was looking at buying a recaro car and swapping in stock seats. Other items that come into play are the heated seat option and the button on the center stack related wiring. Just more to consider.

Tom

TORQJNKY

I can't answer your question directly. However, I was looking at buying a recaro car and swapping in stock seats. Other items that come into play are the heated seat option and the button on the center stack related wiring. Just more to consider.

Tom

Thanks Tom, he just wants to do a direct swap. My seats aren't heated anyway, so that wouldn't be an issue.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Have the guy with the Recaros slide his seats all the way forward and take a few pictures of the wiring connectors under the seat and then have him compare them to the attached pictures.

Here is a picture of the drivers side power seat wiring connections. The yellow connectors are for the airbags.

P4221114_zps7cc4f23e.gif

Here is a picture of the passenger side non-power seat.

P4221117_zpsfc6520da.gif

Here are the wiring diagrams for the power seats, they only show the wiring for the motorized section of the seat and the lumbar support for the drivers side.

Attachments

• 2014 Mustang Drivers Side Seat Wiring Diagram.jpg
    2014 Mustang Drivers Side Seat Wiring Diagram.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 4,248
  • 2014 Mustang Passenger Side Seat Wiring Diagram.jpg
    2014 Mustang Passenger Side Seat Wiring Diagram.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 3,313
Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
WARNING: Always deplete the backup power supply before repairing or installing any new front or side air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) component and before servicing, removing, installing, adjusting or striking components near the front or side impact sensors or the restraints control module (RCM). Nearby components include doors, instrument panel, console, door latches, strikers, seats and hood latches. Refer to the Description and Operation portion of Section 501-20B for location of the RCM and impact sensor(s). To deplete the backup power supply energy, disconnect the battery ground cable and wait at least 1 minute. Be sure to disconnect auxiliary batteries and power supplies (if equipped). Failure to follow these instructions may result in serious personal injury or death in the event of an accidental deployment.

Disconnect the battery ground cable and wait at least one minute before disconnecting airbag electrical connection under seat.

2013MustangFrontSeatRemoval-Installation_zps1f4e499b.gif

Last edited:

TORQJNKY

Awesome! Thanks Snoop! He's out of town right now. I will send him these pics via email and have him compare what he see's under his seat when he gets back. Any idea what the large black connector under the manual passenger seat is for? I assume it's connected but not used? Understand the yellow connector is for the airbags just like the drivers side. Appreciate the help.

Last edited:

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
FIY. that yellow harness is a tattle tale box for Datalogging.

I'm in the towing and recovery business for over 20 years. every time there is a fatality, the police come to the crashed car, remove the seats and take the small black box from under the seat. it stores all information about the past 60 miles including Gforces and Yaw forces to determine speeds/braking in an accident.

Incase you wanted to know.

TORQJNKY

FIY. that yellow harness is a tattle tale box for Datalogging.

I'm in the towing and recovery business for over 20 years. every time there is a fatality, the police come to the crashed car, remove the seats and take the small black box from under the seat. it stores all information about the past 60 miles including Gforces and Yaw forces to determine speeds/braking in an accident.

Incase you wanted to know.

Are you sure it's not a harness that's not shown in the pics that performs the function you are talking about? Snoop says the yellow connectors under both seats for the airbags. I don't see an additional yellow harness in his pics. Just want to make sure so I don't give the guy bad gouge.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Refer to Connectors C337 & C367 Passenger and Driver Side Air Bag Module.

Attachments

• 2014 Mustang Passenger Side Seat Wiring Harness  Chassis Side.jpg
    2014 Mustang Passenger Side Seat Wiring Harness Chassis Side.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 2,903
  • 2014 Mustang C367 Connector.jpg
    2014 Mustang C367 Connector.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 1,630
  • Connector C337.jpg
    Connector C337.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 983
Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Power drivers and passenger seat wiring layout.

Attachments

• 2014 Mustang C311 Connector.jpg
    2014 Mustang C311 Connector.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 6,006
  • 2014 Mustang C300 Connector.jpg
    2014 Mustang C300 Connector.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 3,888

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Interesting. From reading those plugs the heated seats are for the seat cushion AND backrest. I have never felt any warmth on my backrest.

Can anyone confirm they feel heat on their back?

Tom

Snoopy49

Established Member
It looks like both seats have the cushion and the backrest heaters.

Attachments

• 2014 Mustang Power Seat Backrest.jpg
    2014 Mustang Power Seat Backrest.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 932
  • 2014 Mustang Power Seat Cushion.jpg
    2014 Mustang Power Seat Cushion.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,084
  • 2014 Mustang Passenger Manual Seat Cushion.jpg
    2014 Mustang Passenger Manual Seat Cushion.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 965
Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Heated Seats

The heated seat switches and indicators are part of the Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM). The heated seat system operates independently from the other systems controlled by the FCIM and HVAC module.

When a heated seat button is pressed, the FCIM illuminates the heated seat indicator and transmits a system request message to the HVAC module on the module communication network. The HVAC module receives the message and provides ground to the driver or passenger heated seat relay coil circuit to operate the heated seat. The heated seat system can only operate if both modules are communicating correctly on the communication network and the engine is running.

The driver and passenger heated seat relays are located underneath the driver seat cushion frame. With the ignition ON, voltage is supplied from the Smart Junction Box (SJB) to each heated seat relay coil. Battery voltage is also supplied to the heated seat relay contacts (hot at all times). When energized, the heated seat relay coil closes the relay contact to supply battery voltage from the Battery Junction Box (BJB) to the cushion heater mat. The cushion and backrest heater mats are wired in series and each backrest heater mat is directly connected to ground to complete the electrical circuit to heat a seat.

Each cushion heater mat contains a thermostatic switch that closes when cold to complete the heater grid circuit and heat the seat. When hot, the thermostatic switch opens the heater grid circuit and allows the seat to cool. The heated seat indicator illuminates continuously while the thermostatic switch cycles open and closed. The thermostatic switch is serviceable only as part of a new heater mat.

The HVAC module monitors the heated seat relay coil ground circuits for an open, short to ground and short to voltage. If a circuit fault is detected, a DTC is set and the HVAC module disables the affected seat by removing circuit ground to the heated seat relay coil (refer to the HVAC Module DTC Chart in this section). The HVAC module also transmits a network communication message to the FCIM to deactivate the heated seat indicator. PIDs are available in the FCIM using the scan tool to verify heated seat switch operation.

The seat should be occupied to correctly test for normal operation. Temperature measuring devices do not provide an accurate method for testing heated seat operation as surface temperatures are subject to human and environmental characteristics. Correct testing requires heater mat resistance measurements which have tight tolerances affecting heat cycle time length.

The heated seat system does not time-out and will remain on until selected off or engine is off.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Good info. I need to explore this. I am excited to hear the backrest is heated. My lower back will appreciate that. One of the main reasons I went with base seats was heat to help my back. I figured it was just the cushion.

Tom

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have the regular 2013 seats, no heat. The plug will be there because the Recaros still have to have all the other sensors and air bag in the seat. The motors only require 2 wires (power & ground) in the plug and I will bet that they are there.

Sensors in seat.

Safety Belt Tension Sensor (Driver & Passenger)
Seat Position Sensor (Driver & Passenger)
Safety belt Buckle Switch (Driver & Passenger)
Occupant Classification Sensor Module (Passenger)
Airbag (Driver & Passenger)

Attachments

• 2013-14 Seat C311-C300 Driver- Passenger Connectors.jpg
    2013-14 Seat C311-C300 Driver- Passenger Connectors.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 1,015
Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Craig,
Have your guy check and see if he has fuses F31 & F32 in the Battery Junction Box.

Attachments

• 2013-14 Mustang Battery Junction Box.jpg
    2013-14 Mustang Battery Junction Box.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 961
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread