1996 Cooling TSB

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
98(oBra\/ert said:
If You ever want some1 to take a look at a car your interested in with you shoot me a pm. Ill be in Ct after may 18th. Could show you my Cobre :beer:
Thanks for the offer. I'm all set when it comes to just looking over all the basic things, just nice to know Cobra specific issues before hand also.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Are the 97 condensers a direct drop in or do you need to modify something to make them fit.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
1996MysticSnake said:
Are the 97 condensers a direct drop in or do you need to modify something to make them fit.

I am not sure if you can direct replace or not, but I know the 96 fluidyne radiator has a different part number than the 97+'s. :shrug:

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Bump - I noticed at the OC show my beaut more than likley never has the TSB upgrade done - I actually originally thought it was a recall but now that its not oh well - and I'm certainly not throwing down a grand to have it done (and its discontinued anyways) when I can upgrade the parts myself. Plus I'm not getting rid of the honeycomb grille.

I've never had a single cooling/overheating problem with her on very hot days so I'm not ultimatley worried - but any suggestions on upgrading aftermarket parts?

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
SVT-VNM said:
Bump - I noticed at the OC show my beaut more than likley never has the TSB upgrade done - I actually originally thought it was a recall but now that its not oh well - and I'm certainly not throwing down a grand to have it done (and its discontinued anyways) when I can upgrade the parts myself. Plus I'm not getting rid of the honeycomb grille.

I've never had a single cooling/overheating problem with her on very hot days so I'm not ultimatley worried - but any suggestions on upgrading aftermarket parts?

I think you can ebay pretty much everything. You can pick up a radiator for like 100, 180 thermo for like 20, 97+ fan for some amount. I think That's all you need. If you are still worried after that you can throw in a fluidyne for like $350. I have a few buddies with fluidynes and they run cold as can be.

P.S. I have the radiator and thermo sitting in my garage.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
i went on ac delco's website and found this. the ac condensor for the 96 is part#15-62006. the specs are fin width 22mm fins per square inch 22.00 height 16.25 width27.25 1996-1998 year app. for the 97 i found this, part#15-62014 fin width 20mm fins per square inch 16.00 height 16.38 width 27.63. 1996-2002app. i hope this helps im gonna order the one for the 97 along with a fluidyne rad to do my own tsb.

Last edited:

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Yeah definitley let us know how it runs - I have zero cooling problems as is with the 96 parts but as well all know you can always run "cooler". :) Post pics of the installs too!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
prowlnviper said:
How difficult is it to replace the AC condenser?

I would guess that the a/c system would have to be evacuated, and the freon stored while the condensor is being replaced. Once the new condenser is in place, the system would have to be placed on a vacuum pump, then the freon that came out of your system would be put back in.

R

Users who are viewing this thread