2 Netgear routers vulnerable to attack

BlueSnake01

Established Member
That blows. Hopefully they fix it soon, sucks for those that dont know though and just bought the router because it had great reviews and wifi signal

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Count me in for having one... that I just bought on Tuesday.. I mean WTF?

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
??

fiber into the house, into the ti link router, cat 6e to each room from the attic thru the walls

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that sucks! Guess it's time for a change. I've been looking at the eero whole home wi-fi system. Very highly rated and it's going to easily cover my entire house (basement, first floor and second floor).
eero Wireless-AC Dual-Band Wi-Fi Access Point (3-Pack)

We have the same Netgear Nighthawk at our church office, so I'm going to have to consider replacing that one as well. :mad:

Machdup1

Established Member
It is not just the nighthawk. There are many residential edge security, IOT and cable modems that are at risk. There was a guy here local that is a recognized security expert who had his cable modem compromised and they took him for tens of thousands.

Blown 89

Established Member
It is not just the nighthawk. There are many residential edge security, IOT and cable modems that are at risk. There was a guy here local that is a recognized security expert who had his cable modem compromised and they took him for tens of thousands.
Just hardwire your home and you'll be fine :p

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have any links for more info on this being a more widespread problem?

Users who are viewing this thread