2001 Cobra R, do you like the looks?

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
I've been debating for a while on what exactly I'm going to do to my 01. I was thinking about an 03/04 front bumper and hood and trunk lid. But I've also always kind of liked the cobra r. Just not the wing on it. So how many of you guys like the looks of the cobra R? My 01 is performance red so I have a nice jump start if I decide to go the R route.

B620BE68-4982-4B14-8466-F26458F80720-3322-000001994487B60C_zps53e9f258.jpg

Last edited:

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I would go the 03-04 cobra look. I like that better than the cobra R. But it all depends on what YOU like. Cheers, man!:beer:

marcoc

Established Member
I believe its a 2000 model year only. Like the car overall especially the built motor. hate the rear spoiler. Think it may look good spoiler-less.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Have a bunch of real '00R parts on my car - love the stuff. Just about to add the FRPP '00R hood - best looking one out there, especially since it's functional. I'd have to pass on the spoiler and the side exhaust though.

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
Well does anyone know where they sell the chin piece for the cobra? I found a site that sells the complete bumper cover but it's big bucks and one whole piece. I wasn't too keen on the huge lip of the R up until today it has deffinetly grown on me. My buddy has been sending me all kind of pics of The R model. The way I see it. I can change the nose to an 03 or do something that is out of the ordinary and run the R lip.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
The only time I would ever have the cobra r body kit on my car was if I owned a real cobra r. I do love the hood on this car.

00fobrar

Established Member
My car used to be a 2000 Cobra R Clone and I always got compliments when I drove around town and a went to car shows. You will definately stand out and in my opinion the car will look mean as hell. However I went back to my stock 01 front, 03 cobra rear and saleen spoiler. The front air dam sits way to low. Luckily I had the frpp air dam so I removed it when I drove around town. The side exhaust on these cars will bottom out going over speed bumps. I used to love the look but I wanted to be able to drive the car around and be comfortable. Something to think about.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Get prepared if you go R...if you don't get the entire kit, people will almost immediately recognize that it's not an R and give you shit about it. Even if you get the entire kit and wheels, when you street drive it, due to how valuable R's for, the first question will be "Is that a real R?" And you'll get shit when you have to say no.

And then the avalanche of clone hate will come. If you show the car, this is an absolute no-no as many judges have an unwritten rule that you are immediately written off for a clone.

Black306

Established Member
http://westcoastmustangs.com/temp/clone_at_knotts.jpgIf this is going to be a car driven on a regular basis, I'd say go for the 03/04 Cobra look. A Cobra R front end only works if you have a high suspension or don't plan on driving it much. If you've dropped the car, you are going to be focused A LOT on the road making sure you don't smash up the splitter.

My car used to be a 2000 Cobra R Clone and I always got compliments when I drove around town and a went to car shows. You will definately stand out and in my opinion the car will look mean as hell. However I went back to my stock 01 front, 03 cobra rear and saleen spoiler. The front air dam sits way to low. Luckily I had the frpp air dam so I removed it when I drove around town. The side exhaust on these cars will bottom out going over speed bumps. I used to love the look but I wanted to be able to drive the car around and be comfortable. Something to think about.

This wouldn't happen to be your car, would it? :) I think I saw it in 2005 or 2006? If so, nice clone. :thumbsup:

clone_at_knotts.jpg

Wish they commented on mine. I had one of the first FFRP Cobra R parts Ford released in 2003, IIRC. Had to deal with the whole warped hood issue. Litteraly drove down to Knott's from the body shop that painted my car. :lol:

11.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread