2014 = Surprising Trends

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Just joking, I was just wondering aloud the combo to make one of one?
Mine is more pedestrian, SGM, blue stripe etc
-J

Madlock

Established Member
Just joking, I was just wondering aloud the combo to make one of one?
Mine is more pedestrian, SGM, blue stripe etc
-J

Despite Black being the most common stripe with SGM by far, a goodly number of Sonic Blue exist too. It won't be unique, but it certainly won't be common.

Silver n blue
Glass roof plus every option.

Yours, 223893, is the only one exactly like it to date. One other, without a Glass Roof, exists in NY.

Lawrenzo

Established Member
With the plant shutting down for the whole month of July and Fusion production starting up in late August I would suspect these production numbers won't be increasing very much.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
With the plant shutting down for the whole month of July and Fusion production starting up in late August I would suspect these production numbers won't be increasing very much.

Like I said in the other thread, they'll be building the Mustang alongside the fusion

Madlock

Established Member
Updated revised totals for the scheduled builds through the end of June are 2,449 Coupes and 493 Convertibles. Just 8 shy of 3,000 - which makes for a VERY healthy number given the particular point in the 2014 MY campaign.

So far, the only color-wise one-offs are a one Blue on SGM and Stripe Delete Grabber Blue Convertible. The only combination not yet built is a Blue on Race Red Convertible.

The fewest number of any Coupe so far is Blue on Race Red - with 4 so far. Stripe Delete on Ingot Silver and Grabber Blue = 7 each. Every other Coupe combination is into double digits.

Black on Black is the most common by far. Black on Sterling Gray is the second most common.

Oxford White has snuck ahead of both Ruby Red and Sterling Gray in overall popularity - but only just.

ponygirl06

Established Member
Updated revised totals for the scheduled builds through the end of June are 2,449 Coupes and 493 Convertibles. Just 8 shy of 3,000 - which makes for a VERY healthy number given the particular point in the 2014 MY campaign.

So far, the only color-wise one-offs are a one Blue on SGM and Stripe Delete Grabber Blue Convertible. The only combination not yet built is a Blue on Race Red Convertible.

My build date was 4/1 so I guess the SGM/blue is mine, if it is a convertible. Only option is SVTPP. Sorta nice being one of a kind.

What does Ruby-Red[Coupe] Look like.
My unit is Ruby-Red/Black stripe.Handling pkg,trac Pkg,premuim sound system & car cover.
Provide that Ford pulls my order since 12/7/12 DORA.
Allociated back on 5/8/13.
I guess it will be produced before the run of 2014 is officially closed & then off too 2015 units.
Thanks for all your help & input on my unit.
Randy;
Duson,Louisiana,70529

5BANERZ

Established Member
Madlock, if you have time and the ability to dig, would be curious if my car is a 1 of 1. Race Red Coupe, White Stripes, Glass Roof, PP, Electronics Package. no TP, no Recaros, no subwoofer. I figure RR, Glass Roof, no Recaros should really knock the numbers down.

Regards,
Scott

72SBC

Established Member
Also can you find out if I'm still a 1 of 1? SGM, stripe delete, 0 option car.

Madlock

Established Member
Madlock, if you have time and the ability to dig, would be curious if my car is a 1 of 1. Race Red Coupe, White Stripes, Glass Roof, PP, Electronics Package. no TP, no Recaros, no subwoofer. I figure RR, Glass Roof, no Recaros should really knock the numbers down.

Regards,
Scott

No such cars exist, unless it also includes the car cover. 1ZVBP8JZXE5242186

USV8PWR

Established Member
Sure. 2,395 Coupes and 482 Convertibles have been scheduled through 6/29.

My guess would be no more educated than anybody else's. But the reveal schedule for the S550 seems to be no difference than previous years' cadence, so I wouldn't expect 2014 to be any larger or smaller a run than previous years.

Based upon what's made so far, I'd be hugely surprised if Ford made fewer than 4,000. But I'd be even more surprised if build-out produced more than 5,000. That's the closest I'd make to anything I'd call a prediction.

So per Madlock's inside scoop, 2,877 MY14 Shelby GT500's have been built or scheduled through 6/29. Madlock seems to always have the inside scoop on the current production numbers (thanks Madlock!!) while Iceman5000 seems to have the inside scoop on the allocation percentage that has been built/scheduled to date. Hopefully he'll chime in, but Iceman posted earlier today that 85% of the allocations had been built. 2,877 divided by 85% = only 3,385 MY14 cars IF no more allocations are given out by Ford. While that number may seem low, and Ford may actually produce some more, several on here have mentioned that their plan was to build even fewer 2014's than they did 2013. If I had to guess, total production will be in the 3,500 to 4,000 range. My .02. :beer:

Edit...oops, I didn't see Madlock's most recent production numbers when I posted this earlier. He now says 2,942 have been built or scheduled through the end of June. 2,942 / 85% of the allocations being already built or scheduled = 3,461 total estimated projected cars based on current allocation.

Last edited:

Madlock

Established Member
Boy. I'd REALLY be careful making "inside information" assumptions. Attribute at your own risk.

Information can be VERY compartmentalized and change daily with varying lead-times. Anything I haven't expressed in unequivocal terms is pure conjecture that I'd hate anybody else to bank on.

I do know more than one dealer whose initial allocations aren't scheduled for August or September production which are likely to be ahead of final build out when supplemental allocations or Ford-configured vehicles go on offer to dealers. All that could change tomorrow (and it did back in '12), but the S550 retooling and cutover set some pretty deep fixed points in terms of how much S197 capacity remains, of which GT500 production is limited by existing stocks and future throughout from Romeo.

From a purely business case perspective, Ford is far likelier to cut loose whatever GT500s may have been made if overall S197 stocks exceed the gameplan. From this point forward, plus perhaps another few hundred, I'd personally consider any further builds to be a pleasant (or not) surprise with any further orders being subject to cancellation - allocated or not.

It's why, when I negotiated my dealer's two allocations and was told a September/October timeframe (as Car "A" was to have been built at the end of one allocation period and "B" at the beginning of the next to keep their deliveries close to each other timewise), I decided to backstop myself by pairing-up my '13 Coupe with the last available '13 Convertible because either or both cars scheduled so late could easily become cancellation candidates - no matter how unlikely.

It happened to me during 2012s shortening once already and, by then, I'd be subject to whatever had already been built and remains unsold - something I wasn't willing to do. As it turned out, Ford built BOTH cars about five months sooner, but that's a whole different headache that at least has possible remedies.

Dealers receive VIN assignments about 5 weeks before the actual build, so the slow of those to and from dealers combined with any changes in shifts or downtime at Romeo or Flat Rock is what I'd be looking to as indicators of future production, but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread