2015 mustang in the wild

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
It's NOT a refresh; it's a ground up redesign and a large departure from the current car. That picture is not what it will look like and thank God for that.

From all the pictures of people tracing the true shape of the car, it looks like it fits this design almost to the T.

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-1Carscoop.jpg

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
It's NOT a refresh; it's a ground up redesign and a large departure from the current car. That picture is not what it will look like and thank God for that.

Everything we have been able to find evidence of ATM shows something that won't be too far off this rendering.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Everything we have been able to find evidence of ATM shows something that won't be too far off this rendering.

That's incorrect IMO. If you look at the evidence based on Ford's recent model (Escape, Fusion, Focus) and upocming Edge redesign they have decidedly gone far from the previous styling and headed in a more aggressive and exciting look. Also, this test mule is heavily camoflauged and padded to purposely look s197ish. It's also been referenced by many people on the forums (some most likely working for Ford) that that car will not be retro at all which the redndering you posted clearly is. I will bet you the design more closely resembles the C&D rfendering below. I'll put my money where my mouth is.....$50 says the new car is closer to the red car below. I will subscribe to this thread and when the car is unveiled I will Paypal you $50 if you're right; you do the same if I'm right. Bet?

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yep. Looks like Ford's design team has run out of talent and is rehashing old designs. No biggie. I'll just have to wait for the next generation or buy from a company who can design modern looking cars.

Hopefully, it's nothing like the renders.

dunno what youre smoking, that blue render looks very modern while still utilizing the S197 lines. This IMO is what the 05 should have looked like.

That's incorrect IMO. If you look at the evidence based on Ford's recent and upocming Edge redesign they have decidedly gone far from the previous styling and headed in a more aggressive and exciting look. Also, this test mule is heavily camoflauged and padded to purposely look s197ish. It's also been referenced by many people on the forums (some most likely working for Ford) that that car will not be retro at all which the redndering you posted clearly is. I will bet you the design more closely resembles the C&D rfendering below. I'll put my money where my mouth is.....$50 says the new car is closer to the red car below. I will subscribe to this thread and when the car is unveiled I will Paypal you $50 if you're right; you do the same if I'm right. Bet?

Though that red one is ****ing tits, id take that all day over the blue. If Fords new mustang is closer to the one in the red, id definitely have to rethink my current wanting to purchase vehicles like a Genesis Coupe or FRS/BRZ.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
That's incorrect IMO. If you look at the evidence based on Ford's recent and upocming Edge redesign they have decidedly gone far from the previous styling and headed in a more aggressive and exciting look. Also, this test mule is heavily camoflauged and padded to purposely look s197ish. It's also been referenced by many people on the forums (some most likely working for Ford) that that car will not be retro at all which the redndering you posted clearly is. I will bet you the design more closely resembles the C&D rfendering below. I'll put my money where my mouth is.....$50 says the new car is closer to the red car below. I will subscribe to this thread and when the car is unveiled I will Paypal you $50 if you're right; you do the same if I'm right. Bet?

No need to take a bet of this. I respect your opinion. I for one would like to see something away from the retro design, to see how much they can still keep it "Mustang" but not at the same time.

SBVERT03

Established Member
While the blue car looks nice, I hope it's not what it looks like. Like others have said, its like a better version of the 05+ S197 look, but way too similar. I want something new. The red car would be perfect IMO.

fangstang

Established Member
That's incorrect IMO. If you look at the evidence based on Ford's recent model (Escape, Fusion, Focus) and upocming Edge redesign they have decidedly gone far from the previous styling and headed in a more aggressive and exciting look. Also, this test mule is heavily camoflauged and padded to purposely look s197ish. It's also been referenced by many people on the forums (some most likely working for Ford) that that car will not be retro at all which the redndering you posted clearly is. I will bet you the design more closely resembles the C&D rfendering below. I'll put my money where my mouth is.....$50 says the new car is closer to the red car below. I will subscribe to this thread and when the car is unveiled I will Paypal you $50 if you're right; you do the same if I'm right. Bet?

I hope to god it looks more like the red one then the blue one. The blue one looks like a slightly newer version of the current car.

VictorySong

Established Member
dunno what youre smoking, that blue render looks very modern while still utilizing the S197 lines. This IMO is what the 05 should have looked like.

I don't want anything to do with the S197's lines. The red one is what I'm interested in.:banana: Something new and not something pulled from designs that made it into the trash bin in the 1960s.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
It's probably a 2004 GT with a cover on it driving around just to see what people do... :)

wma8706

Established Member
come on guys .... lets be realistic here. Of course the red one looks better. Just look at the shape and stance of it. Its an Aston Martin with an EVO concept face. I highly doubt even the highest end 2015+ Mustang will sport the lines of that red concept. I hope I'm wrong cause although the blue car doesn't look bad its not visually impressive!

bigdave03svt

Established Member
One thing I noticed was no &*^%$%&* Brembos on the rear, but a nice huge caliper and rotor up front....when will Ford put a full brake package on the mustang. damn! Chevy and Dodge don't have any problems with that:shrug:

mike.b

Established Member
That's because you couldn't see shit. I'll wait to pass judgment after the camouflage comes off.

this

its impossible to make a good decision on its appearance with that much camo on it. i'm guessing sometime at the end of the year we might see the big reveal?

Users who are viewing this thread