2015 mustang production date

C5 KLR

Hi,
When will we see the 2015 mustang? I heared it will be in new york autoshow? When will this take place (date)?
And when will the production starts? When will start seeing them on the roads?
I'm hoping it will hit the the streets on 2015 as im looking to buy 2013 mustang (ill get 2 years to enjoy then lol):-D
Thanks

GTAmuscle

Established Member
Ford is pretty cheesy when it comes to remembering stuff and doing reveals on certain dates of significant events. My guess the reveal will be April 17th exactly 50 years after the unveil of the original 1964.5

drewzx3

Established Member
Ford is pretty cheesy when it comes to remembering stuff and doing reveals on certain dates of significant events. My guess the reveal will be April 17th exactly 50 years after the unveil of the original 1964.5

Of this year or 14?

GTAmuscle

Established Member
They'll reveal it this year. Gotta get the orders in as soon as possible so they know what to expect when doing the retooling. The production would start later this year. But I'm just throwing ideas out there... Can't wait to see it.

C5 KLR

I heared it will be revealed in New york autoshow, Not sure if this year or 2014 autoshow? anyone knows?

C5 KLR

Also what the hell is the 2014.5 mustang? Been reading about it everywhere I go.
Is it the 2015 they are refering to by 2014.5 as it will be revealed in this date?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I heared it will be revealed in New york autoshow, Not sure if this year or 2014 autoshow? anyone knows?

It it doesn't have more power I'm gettong a 14. Really not wanting irs. I drag race alotm
it won't need more power, it's going to be at least 150lbs lighter.

Also what the hell is the 2014.5 mustang? Been reading about it everywhere I go.
Is it the 2015 they are refering to by 2014.5 as it will be revealed in this date?
there is no 2014.5. contrary to what the internet says, there was never a 1964.5 mustang either, only a 1965 mustang.

goody03

i need more mods
Established Member
Is the mustang jumping a year? We have 14s out now so we should see 15s next summer, I would think they would show it this spring and and start making late in the year for the spring sales of a 15. Or ford is going to have 14 this year and 14 next year. I think they reveal it this spring and not talk much about it for a big surprise.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Is the mustang jumping a year? We have 14s out now so we should see 15s next summer, I would think they would show it this spring and and start making late in the year for the spring sales of a 15. Or ford is going to have 14 this year and 14 next year. I think they reveal it this spring and not talk much about it for a big surprise.
from what i've heard, ford is following a similar timeline to the original debut of the mustang, which was unveiled at the new york world fair on april 17 of 1964(and the second media day of the 2014 new york international auto show just coincidentally[or not;-)] happens to be april 17th) with production starting a month earlier in march of '64. now it would be a pretty huge risk beginning production of the '15 before its official unveiling - and you can bet that this is the LAST car that ford wants leaked early - but they've somehow been keeping it quiet thus far.
as far as production vs model years is concerned, it's been noted that the '14 will be an extended model year and the '15 will be a short model year to get back on the standard MY cycle.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Just to add my 2 cents... My local dealer had '14 mustangs in stock last month... It's the begining of 13.. how did they get so far ahead. I got my 13 boss in late April past year... Using these facts as a guide we might see the 15 unveiled later this year with it in showrooms in early 14....

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member

it won't need more power, it's going to be at least 150lbs lighter.

there is no 2014.5. contrary to what the internet says, there was never a 1964.5 mustang either, only a 1965 mustang.

It's just as easy to say that "there IS" a 1964.5 mustang as "there ISN'T" one. It's been an argument for YEARS! Truth is there were a good number of changes that took place between the early production units compared the the actual 65. Though not appearance wise... they're very different cars. It is very possible that the 2014.5 rumors are possible and you could see them on the streets anywhere from late Q4 2013 early Q1 2014 to Late Q2 Early Q3 2014. If you want the honest truth they're going to sell the 2014 current body style to minimize waste of left over parts they already have made for the current car.

It's also very possible you'll see 2014 and 2014.5 mustangs on the same lot brand new at the same time. This has happened before with F150's in 2004. It's all speculation at this point on both sides of the fence.

Last edited:

C5 KLR

I've feelings that the 2014.5 will be unvieled in New york autoshow in the upcoming event (End of march this year).

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
It's just as easy to say that "there IS" a 1964.5 mustang as "there ISN'T" one. It's been an argument for YEARS! Truth is there were a good number of changes that took place between the early production units compared the the actual 65. Though not appearance wise... they're very different cars. It is very possible that the 2014.5 rumors are possible and you could see them on the streets anywhere from late Q4 2013 early Q1 2014 to Late Q2 Early Q3 2014. If you want the honest truth they're going to sell the 2014 current body style to minimize waste of left over parts they already have made for the current car.

It's also very possible you'll see 2014 and 2014.5 mustangs on the same lot brand new at the same time. This has happened before with F150's in 2004. It's all speculation at this point on both sides of the fence.
again, there is no 1964.5 mustang. there is not one single vin number ever produced by ford that would pull up as a 1964.5. in fact, the first digit of the vin number is the last digit of the model year, and the first run mustangs begin with a 5. there wasn't a single piece of official marketing material ever produced that said 1964.5. it can be argued till the end of time, but it doesn't change the fact that there is, was, and never has been a 1964.5 mustang in any official capacity.

if you really want to argue about model year vs production date, then chew on this...
1965 mustang - march 1964
2012 camaro ZL1 - january 2012
2013 GT500 - may 2012

gap4annie

I've feelings that the 2014.5 will be unvieled in New york autoshow in the upcoming event (End of march this year).

There's no way this happens. Just 2-3 months ago the prototypes that were spotted were extremely early in development still. No way the new model gets revealed before Detroit 2014 or NYIAS 2014 next year.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member

There was one specific physical differance between the 1964 1/2 and the 1965.

9. Hoods: Very early hoods had folded over lip, no dimples, and no holes for leading edge chrome trim. Intermediate hoods have unfolded lip, small dimples, and no holes for chrome trim. The intermediate hood with the unfolded edges was also used on early 65 cars. Later 65 hoods have the lip folded again, have small dimples, and add the holes for the chrome trim. Later replacement hoods and 66 hoods have larger dimples than the 65 hoods, and still have the folded lip with the holes for the chrome trim.

Users who are viewing this thread