2015 Mustang Spied

BAS

Established Member
High revving would be great. This puppy already needs lowering, wide body kit, some updated gearing and forced induction. Hopefully it will come with a world wide mod friendly warranty too :D

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Someone posted a fusion front end next to the photos of this '15' and it made me think its a misdirect.

its beyond close...its the same front end...

BossAnaki

Established Member
Sorry, the Mustang should have its own design language not the design language of the rest of the fleet. This is a total shame. It's not that the design is bad but it really does look like a Fusion.

It's kind of like how Nissan has Altima sedan and a Altima coupe.

Now Ford will have its Fusion coupe.

Last edited:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
wrong forum

You're right, it belongs in the fusion forum, lol!

w2b3.jpg

v7hz.jpg

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
One more reason to have ordered a 2014, which should show up in 1 to 2 weeks.
I like the Fusion front end, on a Fusion.
.........................Somebody will buy them !!

Last edited:

OaktownACE

Established Member
Wow

You're right, it belongs in the fusion forum, lol!

w2b3.jpg

v7hz.jpg

The hood lines are the same as the fusion too. I'm pretty sure that will change but jeez. In truth if the rest of the car is shaped right then the front will look great but if its not, the front will be torn apart.

I think it will take a few years to refine the look just like it did with the previous generation.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I think it will take a few years to refine the look just like it did with the previous generation.

No doubt, the nasty, evil cladding will have to wait its turn. The generic, "happy face" body gets first crack, as always.

Sure would be nice to now if the '16 top dog can outperform either a '13 Boss or a '14 GT500 before the dealer network has no more.

BCPD199

Established Member
This will probably be a very very good mustang as they knew they had a hit with the Retro generation but had to change up and you can't exactly tweak that chassis to be modern much more than it is. My prediction is a home run for Ford and they will sell oodles of them. Shelby will no longer be attached to the Halo brands but SVT Cobra will come back with some ridiculous performers. This site will go on as will Ford and people will continue to be happy and sad at what they chose to do. The happy will far outweigh the sad. We shall see..

First off, I believe you will end up being 100% correct. I also think this car will be a home run for Ford. It's a good looking car, very Aston Martinish. And let's face it, nobody can consider the Aston Martins bad looking. Also, the new Fusion is light years better looking than the car it replaced.

In the end, it's human nature to love what you own and not like the new replacement for it. I saw this all the time when I was in the boating industry.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I've never liked the first year offerings and then love them by the end of the cycle ('93 Cobra best looking of the Foxes, '04 Cobra best of the SN95s, '14s in GT/Boss/GT500 all better than '05 looks).
I expect nothing different here.
I'll be ready to add another to the stable in 6-10 years anyway.
Also with many other here, I don't see 662hp being topped but I def. see as good or better performance with less power in the new chassis.
-J

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Oddly someone at work asked me if I had "seen the 4 door boss" and I responded by laughing and saying "not possible". I googled it and saw actual renderings of it and still said "no, not possible". Now you guys mention the similarities of the fusion and mustang and I start twiching and getting sick, realizing how possible, yet unfortunate, it could all be...

Last edited:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Oddly someone at work asked me if I had "seen the 4 door boss" and I responded by laughing and saying "not possible". I googled it and saw actual renderings of it and still said "no, not possible". Now you guys mention the similarities of the fusion and mustang and I start twiching and getting sick, realizing how possible, yet unfortunate, it could all be...
Yeah, a 4-door Boss has been available in Australia. I cringe at a four door Mustang, but to be honest I would love a four door RWD performance sedan from Ford (or Lincoln).

Had the (2015) Mustang came out first, followed by the (2013) Fusion, we'd all be praising the Fusion for looking like a Mustang. Then the Fusion would have been even cooler because it looks like a Mustang instead of the Mustang looking like a common (albeit beautiful) sedan. Order of introduction does make a difference on impression. (Hear that Mr. Jim Farley?)

A RWD Ford sedan could challenge the Charger and SS. The Lincoln could finally a go toe-to-toe with BMW! Launch the exclusive Lincoln first to give that brand a shot in the arm with the image of a Halo car. Follow up with the midstream Ford a year or two later as a way for blue collar wallets a purchase the platform for less money. No longer would the Lincoln be a gussied up Ford, but a Ford would be an attainable Lincoln.

While I've got Jim's ear and my soapbox: Drop the Mk_ garbage. I understand the strategy of making the brand more important than the model, but little name differentiation allows the models to all run together. When I talk to people about a Lincoln model, I say "Lincoln MkZ". They respond, "X, Y, Z, Which one is that again?" I respond, "You know, the one based on the Fusion." Poof! We're back to the image of a gussied up Ford again...

Sorry [/rant]

Last edited:

TFStang

Established Member
That thing looks ridiculous. I hope the dealers with the 14's and left over 13's on the lots don't start charging $50K over sticker on those units in light of how absolutely hideous the replacement is going to be.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, a 4-door Boss has been available in Australia. I cringe at a four door Mustang, but to be honest I would love a four door RWD performance sedan from Ford (or Lincoln).

Had the (2015) Mustang came out first, followed by the (2013) Fusion, we'd all be praising the Fusion for looking like a Mustang. Then the Fusion would have been even cooler because it looks like a Mustang instead of the Mustang looking like a common (albeit beautiful) sedan. Order of introduction does make a difference on impression. (Hear that Mr. Jim Farley?)

A RWD Ford sedan could challenge the Charger and SS. The Lincoln could finally a go toe-to-toe with BMW! Launch the exclusive Lincoln first to give that brand a shot in the arm with the image of a Halo car. Follow up with the midstream Ford a year or two later as a way for blue collar wallets a purchase the platform for less money. No longer would the Lincoln be a gussied up Ford, but a Ford would be an attainable Lincoln.

While I've got Jim's ear and my soapbox: Drop the Mk_ garbage. I understand the strategy of making the brand more important than the model, but little name differentiation allows the models to all run together. When I talk to people about a Lincoln model, I say "Lincoln MkZ". They respond, "X, Y, Z, Which one is that again?" I respond, "You know, the one based on the Fusion." Poof! We're back to the image of a gussied up Ford again...

Sorry [/rant]
Agree on many points.
I drive a 4-door Mercedes because I need a sedan and I wanted a blown V8. I'm a ford guy at heart and had a Lincoln aviator I traded in on the E55. If ford made a Lincoln on a stretched mustang platform with a 5.0 coyote 6 speed auto and IRS I would have bought that in place of the AMG. A blown sport version would be even better. I can afford to buy a new one IF they made one but until them I'll drive an AMG sedan as a DD.
on the same rant if the Flex was made with sliding doors my wife would be driving an limited awd ecoboost flex in place of a touring Honda odyssey.
Oh well, we will see what they come up with otherwise I like our current garage.
-J

s4awd

Established Member
Front looks good though its kind of rounded and melded together. Not sure if Fords NASCAR guys said " make a front that's easy to convert to a sticker so we can tape it to a round front end thats more aerodynamic and not look like ass"

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am still torn on this, I just don't like the lines of a fusion on a mustang. The performance might help make up for the ugliness but we need to see the whole car. I might consider a nice auto GT for the wife, but we shall see. I love my muscular archaic 2013

reason4treason

Established Member
Sure would be nice to now if the '16 top dog can outperform either a '13 Boss or a '14 GT500 before the dealer network has no more.

it seems like this winter might not be so terrible for dealers to not drop prices and sit on inventory if they can afford the biz capital (space and $$) being tied up for that long. it may well pay off because there are going to be people next spring/summer looking for a high performance vehicle just like there are every summer.

unless by then something super awesome is announced by Ford that diverts enthusiasts' attention and demand, there's going to be a short supply of GT500s available and that seems to support at least perpetuation of price levels, if not an increase in them, at least until the 2016 powerhouse (hopefully) rolls out.

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
No doubt, the nasty, evil cladding will have to wait its turn. The generic, "happy face" body gets first crack, as always.

My guess says it will utilize the Boss motor with some tweaks if they get the weight down and get the suspension dialed in pretty well its going to be a nice package. Al O. is frothing at the mouth talking smack so I'd guess whatever they do its going to be focused on handling and all around performance instead of big hp its a given since CAFE is becoming more restrictive.The video from motorweek posted here made it sound like SVT is just waiting for GM to throw it all in and again try and dominate only to be out done by the new SVT product.

lngebrown

Established Member
I like the side view of the car. I'll bet in 3 or 4 years I'll be ready for an upgrade provided it has met or exceeded the power and performance of my 14.

Users who are viewing this thread