2016 Lightning

Blue_Demon

1/4 Mile Ninja
Established Member
Hi all, I've been on SVTP for about 15 years now under different names throughout but this is my first truck endeavor. I'm pretty much having my Ford dealership build me what I'm calling a 2016 Lightning, something I believe they should offer as a package instead of the route I'm going. Anyhow, here's the deal..

I'm in the process of ordering a Regular cab 5.0 XL 2wd F-150. A good friend of mine works at a Ford/Roush dealer, and when he offered to add on the Phase 2 Roush blower it was a proposal I couldn't pass on. Not sure if anyone has this exact configuration being 2wd and a regular cab, but I expect if I can get it to hook at the track it'll be around mid 11's the way it sits. The trucks curb weight will be 4,049 according to Ford, making it barely more than a Premium trim Mustang 5.0.

It won't be staying stock for long though as I will be getting a custom tune (possibly on E85) from VMP. My only problem is trying to find suspension pieces to help me lower the truck and for weight transfer aka traction at the strip. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress after the truck arrives, needless to say I'm pretty excited to surprise some people on both the street and track!

Last edited:

raceme2

Established Member
I had a 14 FX4 I did the Roush Stage 2. Roush exhuast withdual rear outlet loud but nice. A DJM lowering kit 3" in the front 5.5 in the back. Great daily driver. You will need traction bars and some sort of bracing for the rear end it does twist at high loads. Sold it last December and had put 32,000 miles in 19 months. Only problem was some initial setup of the rear suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread