I wish the new GT500 would be AWD.

Compete with the big boy GTRs and Lambos

RichM1983

Established Member
aaaaaaaaand

only offered with the v6.

womp womp.

I figured you were wrong....That sucks

Unlike the concept, the production Challenger GT isn't V8-powered; predictably enough, it looks a lot like its all-wheel-drive Charger sedan stablemate on paper. It gets the same 3.6-liter Pentastar V6, here bumped slightly to 305 hp and 268 lb-ft of torque (at 6,350 and 4,800 rpm, respectively). Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters give you a measure of control over the mandatory eight-speed automatic transmission. Like the all-wheel-drive Charger, it'll do an estimated 18 mpg city/27 mpg highway. If you care.

Thanks to an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect, the motor sends all of its torque rearward unless the car senses loss of traction; the three-mode adjustable stability control should let you dial in just how much intervention you want -- and you'll be able to turn it off completely and discover exactly how much grip the all-season performance tires offer in sub-zero temperatures.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-new...ger-gt-coming-winter-shred-snow#ixzz4SAkAtYIE

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Wow they are really riding out this design, it will be what almost 10 years old now?
Just when you thought the challenger wasnt heavy enough, they add more weight too.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Challenger hasn't had a major redesign, but I think it still looks great. I don't see a "tired" design when I see a new one. I think they keep getting better and better. Sales numbers keep climbing, too.

earl lee

Established Member
Challenger hasn't had a major redesign, but I think it still looks great. I don't see a "tired" design when I see a new one. I think they keep getting better and better. Sales numbers keep climbing, too.

You wont see an all new Challenger until 2020. By then it will be on the same platform as the Alfa 4 door. What this does mean is it will be lighter and smaller then its current version.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You wont see an all new Challenger until 2020. By then it will be on the same platform as the Alfa 4 door. What this does mean is it will be lighter and smaller then its current version.

Ya, that information has been out for a while. Fiat Chrysler is struggling with model updates across all brands. I was merely commenting that even without an update, the design still looks "fresh" with the minor tweaks they do every year or two.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
If it was a TT with over 400 hp they would get my attention. But in this configuration I just don't see the point. You would be better of with a 4x4 truck with the top of the line motor or a Subaru STI or an EVO or focus RS

Last edited:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member

Good! Maybe we will see a Cuda on the new platform!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Ya, that information has been out for a while. Fiat Chrysler is struggling with model updates across all brands. I was merely commenting that even without an update, the design still looks "fresh" with the minor tweaks they do every year or two.
Challenger needs to be wide body.

Users who are viewing this thread